FinsUp24

Cam Newton 2018 Outlook

Waivered.

Left him out the past 2 weeks and his two replacements scored 17 and 9 respectively, both of which were higher than Cam's totals for each week..

His shoulder is completely gone.

Edited by steevio_uk

Yall say it's his shoulder but he was talking big s--- about the wine and broom all week. Talking about return to sender after they sweep the Saints. Couple of weeks ago he said he won't need surgery. I think he is just garbage at this point.

• Like 1

Cannot wait to get this guy off my dynasty roster. Unfortunately for me, it's a salary cap league and his contract is as big as his ego. fml

5 minutes ago, affliction said:

Yall say it's his shoulder but he was talking big s--- about the wine and broom all week. Talking about return to sender after they sweep the Saints. Couple of weeks ago he said he won't need surgery. I think he is just garbage at this point.

He clearly hasn't been able to drive the ball downfield due to the shoulder injury. 

Look at his stats the past 6 weeks.  Every NFL commenter with knowledge of situation said he doesn't look right.  Are you watching the games? His arm/shoulder look weak as s---.  All his passes are dying - last night he couldn't throw pass 15-20 yards.   He winces every time he tries to drive the ball.

Just now, JetsAwesome said:

He clearly hasn't been able to drive the ball downfield due to the shoulder injury. 

Look at his stats the past 6 weeks.  Every NFL commenter with knowledge of situation said he doesn't look right.  Are you watching the games? His arm/shoulder look weak as s---.  All his passes are dying - last night he couldn't throw pass 15-20 yards.   He winces every time he tries to drive the ball.

That's his ego wincing. 

• Haha 1

Just now, affliction said:

That's his ego wincing. 

Not a big fan Cam a take it?? lol

But seriously,  he's obviously playing hurt - bad for fantasy clearly since people kept rolling him out there.

But if he didn't play through it his team would suck even worse and people would say he's a quitter and not a gamer.  He can't win in some people's eyes.

8 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Is his shoulder going to affect CMC next week? 

nah short passes - notice how CMC numbers have exploded since cam's shoulder got hurt?

• Like 1

Just now, JetsAwesome said:

Not a big fan Cam a take it?? lol

But seriously,  he's obviously playing hurt - bad for fantasy clearly since people kept rolling him out there.

But if he didn't play through it his team would suck even worse and people would say he's a quitter and not a gamer.  He can't win in some people's eyes.

He's overrated. Has never been able to throw. Usually he overthrows his receivers, now he's underthrowing. Without his legs he would have been bench fodder, and he lacks the heart to take a team to the championship. 

When he blew the fumble recovery in the Super Bowl Carolina should have moved on. Dude is a wimp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

He's overrated. Has never been able to throw. Usually he overthrows his receivers, now he's underthrowing. Without his legs he would have been bench fodder, and he lacks the heart to take a team to the championship. 

When he blew the fumble recovery in the Super Bowl Carolina should have moved on. Dude is a wimp. 

Huh lacks the heart - hmmmm! Is that an observable metric - heart?

You clearly have personal issues with Cam - did you bet on that game?

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

Huh lacks the heart - hmmmm! Is that an observable metric - heart?

You clearly have personal issues with Cam - did you bet on that game?

Refer to my last sentence in my previous post, Cam. You need to stop whining and moping when your stats don't hold up your ego. You get too distracted by your emotions when you can't pretend to be Superman. 

Better luck next year, Scam. 

And I felt bad for playing Goff this week, up until yesterday..

Cam needs to be benched. He's not an accurate passer but holy moley some of those throws last night were horrendous. 

12 minutes ago, FSJSteel said:

Might have to go with Josh Allen in the championship :lol:

I am actually considering the same thing.... I don’t know if I can bench Cam for Allen though, esp in the finals. That just sounds crazy.

4 minutes ago, Heizz said:

I am actually considering the same thing.... I don’t know if I can bench Cam for Allen though, esp in the finals. That just sounds crazy.

I did exactly that in the semis (benched Cam for Allen) and it was the difference between me winning and losing the semis. Will be firing Allen up for the championship week.

I managed to survive last night with Cam but think I will be benching him for the Championship. Seems crazy to have to rely on either Darnold or Baker but I dont think I can roll Cam out again

1 hour ago, affliction said:

'Egotistical star QB talks up his own game' shocker. What he says about his game and what the truth is, are two completely seperate things, mate.

His throwing arm is now about as much use as Anne Frank's drumkit.

• Haha 1

My favorite play was at the end of the half, when there was around 20 seconds left.   Cam was more worried about letting everyone know that he got a first down than he was about calling one of their two remaining timeouts.  At least 10 seconds ran off the clock because he was being himself.  

I limping into championship with his sorry a**. Big problem is, it’s a league we’re I have no pick ups left and trading is closed for the year. Going into champ game with Jimmy G. Dalton and Cam as my QBs. It was fun while it lasted. 

15 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Cam might not even play. So if anyone is still tempted by the Falcons match up (don't be).

Seriously, I don't blame Rivera for considering this. This was Cam yesterday.....

john-wall-first-pitch.gif?w=1000

My team limped into the title game with him as QB. I just can't start him this week the way he looked. Too much money on the line. He is struggling to complete 10 yard passes. I'm gonna pick up Winston or Darnold and have a higher floor. Even in a great matchup Cam could dink and dunk his way to 150 yards or he could get pulled in the first half and shut down due to the shoulder. It's a shame because healthy I'd be licking my chops at the ATL matchup in the final.

6 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Yeah been overrated due to his ability to run. Now that they have CMC they dont need him to do that as much,

44 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

I limping into championship with his sorry a**. Big problem is, it’s a league we’re I have no pick ups left and trading is closed for the year. Going into champ game with Jimmy G. Dalton and Cam as my QBs. It was fun while it lasted. 

Sam Darnold>Cam Newton

• Haha 1