Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, castaway98 said:

I am also cautiously optimistic that the Puig return is what will trigger Muncy to 2B.  Same logic as you lay out.  Machado at 3B, Taylor at 2B, Bellinger at 1B.  Pederson, Puig, and Kike in the OF (against RHP).

His sitting at 9 games at 2B has been torture.

I know sometimes with the shifts a SS ends up at 2B, but I don't think Taylor and Muncy can both start there. ;)

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

I know sometimes with the shifts a SS ends up at 2B, but I don't think Taylor and Muncy can both start there. ;)

Haha, touche.  I would go back and edit it, but I don't want to deprive others of your punchline.   : )

You just take one look at the guy and notice he is not built like 2nd baseman... he gets played there purely out of desperation.

Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone in dynasty leagues who hasn't watched him.

6 hours ago, MireLurker said:

You just take one look at the guy and notice he is not built like 2nd baseman... he gets played there purely out of desperation.

Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone in dynasty leagues who hasn't watched him.

As long as they get desperate just 1 more time, I don't care. 

13 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

As long as they get desperate just 1 more time, I don't care. 

giphy.gif

On 7/24/2018 at 10:35 PM, Jimmymckrack said:

Muncy’s K rate and swing strike rate have been on the rise. I hope the Muncy mania is not coming to an end :(  

He looked awful tonight.  Swinging and missing at everything (almost none of which were strikes).   Roberts did not look happy after his last at bat.  He’s stopped trying to walk and started just trying to hit homers.  Hopefully they give him a little talk and he snaps out of this.

28 minutes ago, The Waker said:

He looked awful tonight.  Swinging and missing at everything (almost none of which were strikes).   Roberts did not look happy after his last at bat.  He’s stopped trying to walk and started just trying to hit homers.  Hopefully they give him a little talk and he snaps out of this.

Yeah, hopefully they do.  Even so, it's not something I'm concerned about yet.  If it continues for a prolonged period of time, then I will be.  He's earned a good amount of leash, but obviously I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Looking more at his game logs after typing that though, it is true that the K's are up and the BB's are down, but it's not like he's striking out several times a game, and there's still a handful of walks.  He's gone a combined 0-12 in two of his last 3 games, which is obviously bad, but that's only with 4 K's (not a great consolation prize, but you get the point).

22 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, hopefully they do.  Even so, it's not something I'm concerned about yet.  If it continues for a prolonged period of time, then I will be.  He's earned a good amount of leash, but obviously I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Looking more at his game logs after typing that though, it is true that the K's are up and the BB's are down, but it's not like he's striking out several times a game, and there's still a handful of walks.  He's gone a combined 0-12 in two of his last 3 games, which is obviously bad, but that's only with 4 K's (not a great consolation prize, but you get the point).

Yea I don’t think it’s anything that can’t be fixed.  Maybe getting into HR derby got into his head and he started thinking about chasing the HR title.  I dk.  But he didn’t look like someone who cared about drawing a walk tonight.

17 hours ago, The Waker said:

Yea I don’t think it’s anything that can’t be fixed.  Maybe getting into HR derby got into his head and he started thinking about chasing the HR title.  I dk.  But he didn’t look like someone who cared about drawing a walk tonight.

He wouldn't be the first player obviously to get messed up by the HR derby, although it's just one game.  Granted the game logs do show negative regression in walks and K's, plenty of really good hitters have a game or even a stretch where they look lost.

Like I said last night, I'm not concerned yet until/unless it becomes a trend.

30 minutes ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

Nimmo 2.0

A bit harsh -- he's leagues better than Nimmo, as are most players.  He's definitely ice cold right now, though.

Fully expecting a day off tomorrow.  1 for his last 21.  Just when he gets 2B eligibility in ESPN leagues.  FML.

58 minutes ago, FUM said:

Fully expecting a day off tomorrow.  1 for his last 21.  Just when he gets 2B eligibility in ESPN leagues.  FML.

He had the day off yesterday lol

3 hours ago, FUM said:

Everybody goes into a slump at one point or another.  With all of the underlining numbers he produced all with the HRs, I find it hard to believe that his first half was a complete fluke.

As the person above me said, he's not getting the day off tomorrow.  He just had a day off.

39 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Shouldn't have done the home run derby.  Never fails.

Hoskins has actually done quite well since the derby 

1 hour ago, DemOrioles said:

Shouldn't have done the home run derby.  Never fails.

I think that's proven to be somewhat of a myth. These guys literally spend their lives swinging a certain way. I can't see a one hour event where they take at most, what, 40 swings (?), completely derailing the form they've honed to perfect since little league. 

16 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I think that's proven to be somewhat of a myth. These guys literally spend their lives swinging a certain way. I can't see a one hour event where they take at most, what, 40 swings (?), completely derailing the form they've honed to perfect since little league. 

No but I think it got into his head.  His plate discipline is just gone

1 hour ago, The Waker said:

No but I think it got into his head.  His plate discipline is just gone

Yeah, I'm hoping it's just small sample size. Maybe you are right though, his eyes could be bigger than his swing right now 

14 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Yeah, I'm hoping it's just small sample size. Maybe you are right though, his eyes could be bigger than his swing right now 

Or it could just be a return to reality. He has 24 HR in 266 AB, and I don't think anyone really views him as a 50 HR hitter. 

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Or it could just be a return to reality. He has 24 HR in 266 AB, and I don't think anyone really views him as a 50 HR hitter. 

People are worried about his plate discipline right now, not his power.

2 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

People are worried about his plate discipline right now, not his power.

People are worried about both. Part of the "HRD curse" is a loss of power. 

is mad max going to lose PT if the dodgers finalize the deal to acquire dozier?  say it ain't so....