Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, Saucy said:

A lot of the credit needs to go to the coaching staff as well. They completely turned him into a new hitter, and we've seen them do it with other guys like Chris Taylor and Justin Turner. He's a completely different hitter from his Oakland days.

Don't forget they revived the corpse of Matt Kemp

1 hour ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Need that one last start at 2B. Come on Roberts!!

Also though he has started NO games in the OF he has made SIX appearances there according to Baseball Reference.  So a decent chance he gets four more to gain OF (LF) in Yahoo (5 starts OR 10 appearances) and other platforms that use appearances only (ESPN maybe?).  Nice to own someone doing this well who has 1B, 2B, 3B, OF (LF in OF specific leagues) listed next to his name.

So start him at 2B then shift him to LF later in a few games now please, Mr Roberts.

2 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Need that one last start at 2B. Come on Roberts!!

Would love to have him at 2b.  So i can dump J. Schoop

8 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Are you not entertained ?! 

The Matt Olson of 2018!

Maybe the power of Matt Olson but otherwise anything but Matt Olson. Matt Olson was a K machine who didn't walk nearly as much.

In fact, Muncy is #2 in the league in BB% behind only Mike Trout (the leader of Intentional Walks)....BB% is a stat that stabilizes in about half the ABs Muncy has had...So we are past the "lucky" streak.

56 minutes ago, DavidbivaD said:

Bring on the 2b eligibility!!!!!!

Not today. He's apparently on the bench. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

They keep sitting maybe their best hitter.  Why?  Cuz he doesn’t get paid much and isn’t a veteran?

"Muncy has been too hot. He's sitting tonight to let him cool down a little." -Dave Roberts

On 6/29/2018 at 7:07 PM, pbjfb said:

"Muncy has been too hot. He's sitting tonight to let him cool down a little." -Dave Roberts

Like a car engine, you don't want him to overheat. 

On 6/29/2018 at 5:39 PM, Flyman75 said:

Shoot. He's already eligible for my bench slot 

...and then he'll play 1B  vs. LHP.  Obviously I added that last part, but it's pretty obvious he's not going to all of a sudden be part of an actual platoon now in terms of playing time.  Regardless, bring on that 2B eligibility (even though I will technically have that starting tomorrow already).

15 minutes ago, castaway98 said:

Yes!

So quit sitting him Roberts, you idiot

I'm always a fan of added versatility with my players. Next year he'll have 1B/2B/3B eligibility in Yahoo leagues, and if he gets 4 more games in the OF (not starts, just games), then he can maitntain OF eligibility, as well. That certainly adds to his value in keeper leagues. 

On ‎06‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, Elviplatinum said:

Would love to have him at 2b.  So i can dump J. Schoop

I am trying to trade for Muncy for the same exact reason.  I'm fed up with Schoop!

27 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

So quit sitting him Roberts, you idiot

I actually don't have a problem giving him a day off if he plays for roughly 2 weeks without one, but Roberts picks the strangest times to give him one.  When I went bonkers on here a little while back, it was after he had hit HR's in 4 straight games.  Giving him one this week after hitting HR's in back-to-back games doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.  Granted players that are really hot can take a while to cool down to where you can rest him after a slow game, but Roberts needs to at least give it a shot instead of the days off in the midst of a big hot streak.  He should have tried it on the 26th right after an 0-2 game.

In the end, it's more frustrating than anything else since Muncy just goes back to doing what he does best, even if it takes him a few games.

While I'm not quite sure he's really going to make a run at a HR title, what he is doing is still mighty impressive, and now he's all of a sudden a borderline elite 2B.  At least a pretty damn good one.

15 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

While I'm not quite sure he's really going to make a run at a HR title, what he is doing is still mighty impressive, and now he's all of a sudden a borderline elite 2B.  At least a pretty damn good one.

Aaaaaaaaand he hit another one. Keep sleeping on the GOAT.