Sign in to follow this  
TribeFoo

Willy Adames 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Run must add

Help me out with Adames...why is he a "run must add" player? He looks like a kid with moderate power (10-12 HR) and moderate speed (10-12 SB) who can hit for a solid BA. What am I missing about him that makes him a guy that we need to go run and get right now? 

Asking sincerely...not being snarky. Trying to learn more about this kid and his potential. 

• Like 3

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Help me out with Adames...why is he a "run must add" player? He looks like a kid with moderate power (10-12 HR) and moderate speed (10-12 SB) who can hit for a solid BA. What am I missing about him that makes him a guy that we need to go run and get right now? 

Asking sincerely...not being snarky. Trying to learn more about this kid and his potential. 

Sounds a lot like Gleyber Torres before he was called up. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Sounds like the type of profile which could be money in points leagues.

• Like 1

So is he just an average type of guy? I know he has potential but in AAA no homers or steals in like 3 weeks? 

Edited by SKYWASKO

Batting 5th in his debut.

• Like 1

Just now, High&Inside said:

Sounds like the type of profile which could be money in points leagues.

Unfortunately, I don't play in any points leagues, lol. I'm a roto guy. 

I see him as a lesser hit tool Gleyber. Supreme athlete, has speed and pop. Obviously much more interesting in dynasty than redraft but again, you never know. Like others have said add now, ask later. 

14 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I agree with you he's Ahmed Rosario 2.0 in my eyes, a better real player than fantasy

• Like 2

Could be a Albies or Lindor situation where they come up profiled as a light-hitting, glove-first middle infielder then get some of those juiced balls and tap into some previously unseen power potential. Worth a flier in redraft if you need MI help.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I mostly go by metrics on prospects, and he's filled my wRC+ threshold at all levels, improved it to 141 this year with a decent bb:k of 10%:22%. He won't get a lot homers or steals but he'll have a decent batting average with xbh and runs

• Like 2

Question is if he stays up - assuming they would not call him up only to send him back down when Wendell comes off the paternity list but we will see. Dropped Senzel for him - time will tell if that was a good decision.

9 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

Question is if he stays up - assuming they would not call him up only to send him back down when Wendell comes off the paternity list but we will see. Dropped Senzel for him - time will tell if that was a good decision.

I think this is very possible, if not likely. No reason for Rays to rush him and they probably want to save him for Super 2.

Yea shouldnt go back down

Ahmed Rosario comp i agree with but hopefully more obv after seeing how rosario has done to this point

RAYS UP!

Really being thrown into the fire against Sale.

4 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Ugh. 

God i Hate this front office

• Like 3

Makes sense. It keeps Super 2 alive and they can bring him up again in June. He's not likely to make a big enough splash against Boston's pitching to make anyone complain about him spending a little more time in the minors.

Hey, at least we get a thread in the main forum now. :D

i didn't add him but if your leagues has a limit on adds what a waste for 2 or 3 days