Sign in to follow this  
mannymachado

Harper for Strasburg

I can’t see your lineup.  Who remains in your OF and who is your current catcher?

6 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I can’t see your lineup.  Who remains in your OF and who is your current catcher?

Current catcher is hicks, my of is trout, blackmon, Soto, O’Neill, marte. Thin on pitching.

Bit of a hit on 1B as JoMart is heating back up.  Your OF is pretty stacked though, so you can take the hit.  I think the upgrade at catcher is large.  And you still get a top 10-15 pitcher.  While I’d like to see you get a little better pitcher, it’s not terrible.  I’d probably take it.

Help here?  http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/703064-would-you-rather-have-machado-or-arenado/

Hang onto the Harper/JMart duo. We all know what Bryce brings to the plate, but Martinez is on fire lately and a prime breakout year is coming. You don't want to miss out. Try and move somebody else for Sanchez though. 

Strasburg side easily

Harper walks way too much

In a redraft I'd do it. I think Sanchez is an underrated piece here. He's probably almost worth more than Strasburg to be honest given the limited amount of catchers that can produce at a high level. On the other side Harper's playing well, but not at a top 5 level. He's got the potential to get there, but based on this year alone I would bet that he produces closer to his current rate so I think you're probably safe to make this trade.

this is a tough one. one hand, the trade actually isnt bad and i think the stras side wins, however given you have harper - he has the abilitiy to demand a lot and i wonder if you might actually be able to ask for more. possibly a better SP than stras, if possible. i know the odds he has an SP better than stras are probably low, but in the off chance he does, i would instantly ask for him. harper's name along carries so much weight. 

help me please?