Rolling Thunder

George Kittle 2018 Outlook

Who cares who his QB is next year, Top-3 TE.

Edited by ZappB

Continues to impress me. He really has some wheels when he gets in the open field. And he is a good blocker as well. He does absolutely everything.

• Like 2

Probably won’t ever own Kittle again (because I never target TEs early)...

It’s been a great year, stud.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jin said:

Probably won’t ever own Kittle again (because I never target TEs early)...

It’s been a great year, stud.

giphy.gif

LMAO.....Same for me though.  I never draft TE's early and usually view it as a throw away position.

My last 2 draft picks this year were Conner and Kittle.....not sure I can ever have 2 better last round picks lol.  Toss in Mahomes who I also took very late and that's the stuff fantasy dreams are made of lol.  It all added up to my first undefeated season :)

• Like 1

Yahoo autodrafted Kittle for me in a league that suspiciously announced the draft would be during WORK hours. I promptly dropped him for Njoku in Cleveland. Biggest regret of the season in that league next to joining it in the first place.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Yahoo autodrafted Kittle for me in a league that suspiciously announced the draft would be during WORK hours. I promptly dropped him for Njoku in Cleveland. Biggest regret of the season in that league next to joining it in the first place.

Yikes....on the autodraft thing.   Insane, shady, and quit worthy.    

11 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Yikes....on the autodraft thing.   Insane, shady, and quit worthy.    

Totally agree. Ended up staying for the challenge of being able to stick it to the commish. Finished second. 

31 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Totally agree. Ended up staying for the challenge of being able to stick it to the commish. Finished second. 

You inspired me to start a new thread about quitting leagues.   I have a tale to tell there though its old.   It'll be cathartic

• Like 1

Kittle is going to be drafted too high next season. This year was the perfect situation where he was legitimately the only pass catcher and playmaker on the field who clicked with the backup QB.  I don't see shanny going heavy TE next season with a healthy roster and new weapons added offseason

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Kittle is going to be drafted too high next season. This year was the perfect situation where he was legitimately the only pass catcher and playmaker on the field who clicked with the backup QB.  I don't see shanny going heavy TE next season with a healthy roster and new weapons added offseason

Which backup QB are you referring to?  He was putting up numbers with both.  

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Did you watch the dude play???  He’s absolutely electric. You build offenses around guys like him, position be damned. He’s a complete athletic mismatch 

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

13 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Did you watch the dude play???  He’s absolutely electric. You build offenses around guys like him, position be damned. He’s a complete athletic mismatch 

yeah, and wasn't he clicking with Jimmy G when they played together?  Guy seems like he has a turbo button after he catches the ball.

I see him being drafted in the top 30 next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Which backup QB are you referring to?  He was putting up numbers with both.  

exactly, backup QB's, backup WR's, backup rb's  since week 1 this team has been a bunch of backup skills players except for the TE. . .:lol:

Imagine how good the Niners will be when ALL of their starters get to play together.

Kittle was consistently performing with all of their QB's, including Jimmy G. They don't have much at WR even with everyone healthy. Their RB group might be better next season, but I don't see it changing much. The entire offense is being built around Kittle right now.

Draft one of Kelce, Kittle or Ertz next year and your team will be fairly good. This guy does it all with suspect arms delivering it to him. What an amazing pick by Lynch. He's like a hybrid of the best TEs of this generation. If I was doing season-long next year, he's an easy late-2nd or early-3rd round pick.

33 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

Draft one of Kelce, Kittle or Ertz next year and your team will be fairly good. This guy does it all with suspect arms delivering it to him. What an amazing pick by Lynch. He's like a hybrid of the best TEs of this generation. If I was doing season-long next year, he's an easy late-2nd or early-3rd round pick.

If I am doing season long i'm grabbing rbs in 2nd+3rd and will grab a reclamation project like Hunter henry wherever he lands.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

If I am doing season long i'm grabbing rbs in 2nd+3rd and will grab a reclamation project like Hunter henry wherever he lands.

You prefer gambling at TE over taking a sure thing. What if I told you drafting Kittle this year in ppr would have been like the equivalent of drafting the 8th best rb (true statement) or the 10th best wr (true statement)? 

Me....I’m taking the top talent at the thinnest position in the game and “gambling” on far easier positions to fill later in the draft....I.e rb/wr. I don’t think we’ve seen Kittle’s ceiling yet. His TD potential will only improve 

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

You prefer gambling at TE over taking a sure thing. What if I told you drafting Kittle this year in ppr would have been like the equivalent of drafting the 8th best rb (true statement) or the 10th best wr (true statement)? 

Me....I’m taking the top talent at the thinnest position in the game and “gambling” on far easier positions to fill later in the draft....I.e rb/wr. I don’t think we’ve seen Kittle’s ceiling yet. His TD potential will only improve 

yes i do prefer gambling at TE  in the later rds and grab as many top rb's possible in the early rounds its simple for me. I have to start 2 rbs  and 2wr vs 1 TE.  Now of course I can view a TE as a wr substitute. I had kelce 3yrs in a row when he was cheap as a gamble over a wr2 and passed on him this year so i understand the value of a stud TE. I prefer to focus on my flex spot for the diffrence maker in my lineup which was kamara last year and cohen/edelman this year. 

Nothing against kittles talent i'm just not prepared to take a TE that high on an offense where the starters have not played together 1 game this season and I have no clue what team will be on the field next season. The niners are a risky team to invest high picks on. 

• Like 1