Rolling Thunder

George Kittle 2018 Outlook

7 hours ago, purpdrankplaya said:

I drafted Kittle because I missed out on Burton late. Anyone going to bite the bullet and start him against the Vikings? I might drop him to stream someone like ASJ and hope I can pick him back up.

Starting him but fully expecting to get only a couple of points or so. We're a 20-teamer, and there are a couple of guys on the wire worth throwing the dice with but I'd rather stick with Kittle and see what the rest of the season brings. If I dropped him I think he'd get picked up, but maybe not in a smaller league. Gates, Gesicki and Seals-Jones are getting starts for people this week. 

I'm sure you all read this on RW homepage. How do you guys rank Kittle vs Clay?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/81992/409/roundtable-tes-on-the-rise

Pat Daugherty (@RotoPat): Njoku and George Kittle are the obvious answers because they are the correct answers. Njoku had a Kelce-ian preseason. Kittle already has a rapport with Garoppolo. Someone makes the leap every year and there is zero question Njoku and Kittle are the best positioned to take it. Beyond the obvious answers, I would not be afraid of Mike Gesicki. Dolphins coach Adam Gase has said he is ready for a "starter-like role." Unlike Njoku and Kittle, Gesicki does not have a realistic shot at TE1 value, but he could be a legitimate TE2 streamer. 

For guys that haven't been mentioned here, I like George Kittle next in line after Burton and Njoku in terms of a breakout. He's an exceptional athlete for his size, running 4.52 at the Combine last year with a 35-inch vertical and impressive 11-foot broad jump. Attached to an up and coming quarterback in a proven successful offensive system, Kittle will be a popular selection for a breakout. Health has just been his biggest question mark to date. Only Evan Engram caught more passes among rookie tight ends in 2017. And there doesn't appear to be an overwhelming amount of competiteon for targets in San Francisco.

18 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

cant trust him at all vs MINN. I picked up Doyle to play instead. CINN funnels targets to the TE

Don't blame you there.  I do think Kittle will make for an interesting play the rest of the way afterwards though.

59 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Don't blame you there.  I do think Kittle will make for an interesting play the rest of the way afterwards though.

Yeah, somebody dropped Ben Watson so I picked him up for tomorrow, but going to stick with Kittle after this week. His next few games look much more promising, apart from the Packers and the Rams. I'm not going to make any decisions based on what he produces this week. Unless he's crocked again, of course ;).

8 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Do you guys like him over Clay?

I'd play Clay over him this week (and still not expect much) but without question would rather have Kittle ROS.

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I'd play Clay over him this week (and still not expect much) but without question would rather have Kittle ROS.

Have Reed, but I kinda like Kittle over Clay as insurance.

Kittle scored 0.30 PPR points per snap in Jimmy Garoppolo’s five starts. That would have ranked first in NFL over full season among TEs with 500+ snaps, ahead of Kelce (0.28), Ertz (0.26), and Gronk (0.25).

He has freakish athleticism and is already a polished blocker. Second year and a full training camp to mesh with Jimmy G. Yes Celek is there, but Kittle's ceiling is enormous, he should be the guy they try and build/develop and I think you'll see that come to fruition this season.

Man, Jimmy missed him twice for scores and one would have been a long TD. Even so, having a nice day against a tough D. Feeling real good about this guy going forward! 

• Like 4

90 yards and 9 targets against the Vikings is way more than what I was expecting. He was getting open all day and Jimmy G missed him on a few throws that would have been TDs. Looks like he could be this years Ertz.

Couldn’t be much happier with his debut, jimmy G looks for him and he’s a mismatch against most defenses...if Goodwin is legit hurt that means more targets, even if not hurt they have very few weapons so he should get his chances every week

He's been a favorite of Shanny and GQ all camp and preseason. Expect many targets. Very confident. (Die hard niner fan here).

What's great is that he could have had another 20 points if he caught his RZ target and the bomb Jimmy threw him when he was wide open and ball went through fingers.

On 9/9/2018 at 4:20 PM, jscott26 said:

He's been a favorite of Shanny and GQ all camp and preseason. Expect many targets. Very confident. (Die hard niner fan here).

What's great is that he could have had another 20 points if he caught his RZ target and the bomb Jimmy threw him when he was wide open and ball went through fingers.

Just picked him up and have never really watched him. Is he known for good hands? Or should we expect these kinds of drops?

Edited by noles1983

3 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Just picked him up and have never really watched him. Is he known for good hands? Or should we expect these kinds of drops?

Definitely not known for drops. Solid pass catching TE. I wouldn't say his hands necessarily stick out but I was confident enough to wait in my drafts because I believe he's gonna be solid. I think it was just week one jitters from a second year player. It also wasn't exactly an easy catch, but one he should have made for sure. The RZ target was Jimmy's fault. Next week should be a nice.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

What kind of FAAB are people putting on him to guarantee they get him?  I was thinking of going as high as $47 out of $200.

He's probably going to go for a lot considering the week 1 TE bloodbath (Delanie & Olsen) plus thoroughly underwhelming and discouraging performances by JGraham, Burton, Engram, Njoku, ASJ, RSJ, etc. (not that anyone is giving up on these guys yet but still).

• Like 1