Rolling Thunder

George Kittle 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, gimme the ball said:

This guy is clearly going to be a monster TE1, will probably finish in top 5, if not top 3.

All aboard the Kittle train! 

I know I am not the only person this happens to but the closer to waiver time the more my bid rises. I think if this guy is available you need to do what you can to get him on your roster due to the position.

Olson and Walker owners should go hard after this guy if he's available. He can probably match or top the productiion they were going to have if healthy. 

11 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

I know I am not the only person this happens to but the closer to waiver time the more my bid rises. I think if this guy is available you need to do what you can to get him on your roster due to the position.

I'm thinking $40 of $100 for me.  I don't use FAAB very often, so usually go strong when I commit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Lol same. And the more hype I read on the Roto forums, the higher my bid gets. 

8 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

Lol same. And the more hype I read on the Roto forums, the higher my bid gets. 

Number 3 waiver?

15 hours ago, Novaray said:

Nice when a streaming option turns into a potential season-long option

Any concern that a good chunk of his production came when Goodwin was forced out of the game?

Any idea how many of his 10 targets occurred when Goodwin was in the game?

Just now, bgar15 said:

Any concern that a good chunk of his production came when Goodwin was forced out of the game?

I don't have those numbers but I can tell you that he was used a lot the end of last season so I don't think this one game is an admiration. He is a very fast TE, Jimmy looks for him a lot. 

Bold prediction but he will be a top 5 TE by seasons end. Much like Engram last year. 

10 hours ago, bgar15 said:

I'm happy that the Viking matchup is past them.

Almost threw 10% of my faab at this guy but it just doesn’t feel right. If he’s the go-to pass catcher what’s going to stop defenses from focusing on him and making Jimmy throw elsewhere? Goodwin and Garcon aren’t exactly terrifying receivers. Even Jared Cook has flashy receiving yardage games a few times a year. Would definitely temper expectations on Kittle.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Almost threw 10% of my faab at this guy but it just doesn’t feel right. If he’s the go-to pass catcher what’s going to stop defenses from focusing on him and making Jimmy throw elsewhere? Goodwin and Garcon aren’t exactly terrifying receivers. Even Jared Cook has flashy receiving yardage games a few times a year. Would definitely temper expectations on Kittle.

I feel you are overthinking it. Kittle is for most, the best option available. Outside of the top 3 TE's, Kittle's situation is no worse than the others, in fact, it's better. He gets targets, has a good QB and good enough receivers to demand attention. 

Read the whole thread today after trading for him. So it seems people were down on him because shannys system never features TE and celek was a threat for snaps. Seems the 2nd wont be an issue and from what I hear on podcasts, Shanny seems very open minded and will try to optimize his players instead of forcing square pegs into round holes. I mention this because GQ has always liked targeting his TE since his college days. 

Kittle had 29% market share for air yards week 1. Tied for top 2 for TE. 

On 9/12/2018 at 5:03 AM, bgar15 said:

He was being targeted down the field. These weren’t checks downs but plays that were designed for him. They are using him as a down field threat. 

15 hours ago, ellie826 said:

Read the whole thread today after trading for him. So it seems people were down on him because shannys system never features TE and celek was a threat for snaps. Seems the 2nd wont be an issue and from what I hear on podcasts, Shanny seems very open minded and will try to optimize his players instead of forcing square pegs into round holes. I mention this because GQ has always liked targeting his TE since his college days. 

Kittle had 29% market share for air yards week 1. Tied for top 2 for TE. 

I avoided him because of the talk in this thread about Shanny not featuring TEs and also because of the separated shoulder. So many regrets. He’s going to get a ton of action this year.

Kittle/Reed is perplexing me this week. I'm actually favoring Kittle with Goodwin out. That DET defense looked abominable on MNF and Jimmy is not going to have Goodwin. I could easily see 12+ targets especially if it turns into a shootout.

• Thanks 1

Love him this week. I think he has a decent shot at 100/1 with Goodwin out vs a defense that just got abused by the jets.

I’m legit thinking about starting him in my flex over Hyde and Royce Freeman.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:57 PM, NBatum88 said:

All aboard the Kittle train! 

Top 5 my, ?, you talking about Garrett Celek ?

Gotta love how volatile this position can be. Gave Kittle a go in one league. Cost me the week. So that sucks lol 

ahh red zone watchers - JG keeps missing him in the RZ and on deep crossers, hopefully they figure it out. 

Boy was I wrong about Kittle this week. Thought he’d be featured this week with no Goodwin but only four targets was discouraging, especially considering JG threw 26 times.

Hopefully this was just one of those weeks, even Gronk has them sometimes (like today and his 1.5 points).

That's what happens when you just chase last week's points at the TE position.  See people do it every year in my leagues.  Unless you had Olson there was no reason to spend faab or waiver on this guy.

6 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

That's what happens when you just chase last week's points at the TE position.  See people do it every year in my leagues.  Unless you had Olson there was no reason to spend faab or waiver on this guy.

Hmm? Kittle is a top TE he should have been drafted and still rostered even 10 teamers. 

• Like 1