Rolling Thunder

George Kittle 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

He had chances. Jimmy looks for him and they draw up plays for him. Had a few missed opportunities today and a few PI calls. I think this was his floor.

Agreed...the TE position is sort of like this anyway & by all accounts, Kittle had a sure TD taken when he beat a defender & said defender had to grab on to prevent the score. Three for 40 with a score looks a helluva lot better than two for 22 and nada. 

 

I take solace in the fact that Kittle will be a part of the every-week gameplan from here on out as long as he's healthy. He will be an insta-start for me next week at KC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Hmm? Kittle is a top TE he should have been drafted and still rostered even 10 teamers. 

Then why is the last couple pages people talking about their waiver claim and faab spending?

 

Gronk

Kelce

Ertz

Olson

Engram

Graham

Walker

Burton

Rudolph

Reed

Cook

 

These guys probably went in front of Kittle in 90% of drafts, don't act like Kittle was universally owned or even should have been owned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 6:24 AM, Kyle87 said:

Then why is the last couple pages people talking about their waiver claim and faab spending?

 

Gronk

Kelce

Ertz

Olson

Engram

Graham

Walker

Burton

Rudolph

Reed

Cook

 

These guys probably went in front of Kittle in 90% of drafts, don't act like Kittle was universally owned or even should have been owned.

Jared...Cook???  Wow.  

Sharps knew Kittle would be a very valuable TE commodity this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should we be looking for another TE now that Garoppolo is highly likely done for the year?  Would be a shame too since he had a really nice bounceback game after last week's stinker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Should we be looking for another TE now that Garoppolo is highly likely done for the year?  Would be a shame too since he had a really nice bounceback game after last week's stinker.

I was planning to start Kittle next week due to byes.... I think I'm going to grab something else off the waiver.  I really need to see one game with a new QB before I could think about starting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

I was planning to start Kittle next week due to byes.... I think I'm going to grab something else off the waiver.  I really need to see one game with a new QB before I could think about starting him.

 

Well, I mean the backup qb played with Kittle in college and last year...Im sticking with Kittle, there is nothing better on the wire unless you play in 6 team leagues. 

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

 

Well, I mean the backup qb played with Kittle in college and last year...Im sticking with Kittle, there is nothing better on the wire unless you play in 6 team leagues. 

Have you actually seen C.J.play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TennisDude said:

Have you actually seen C.J.play?

 

He threw a TD to Kittle so I'm not worried.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

I was planning to start Kittle next week due to byes.... I think I'm going to grab something else off the waiver.  I really need to see one game with a new QB before I could think about starting him.

 

Good luck with that. Unless you're playing in a shallow league I don't think you're going to find a better option than Kittle at this point. Like another poster said, a QB off the bench often looks to his TE as a security blanket.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Should we be looking for another TE now that Garoppolo is highly likely done for the year?  Would be a shame too since he had a really nice bounceback game after last week's stinker.

His outlook is definitely dampened but its still a very weak position so there's no way you should be dropping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kittle is going to be the #2 receiving option at worst in a Kyle Shanahan system. CJ is actually decent for a backup QB as well.

 

I'd still keep him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think losing Jimmy G would make Kittle a very strong "sell high" candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, devaster said:

I think losing Jimmy G would make Kittle a very strong "sell high" candidate.

Not so fast my friend (in my best Lee Corso voice)

 

Kittle & CJ Beathard were college teammates & roommates at Iowa. There is a rapport there that will either manifest itself right off the bat or it won't.  They hooked up for a TD this past week after Garoppolo went down--got called back on an offensive interference call on Juszczyk or whatever his name is.  So I think Kittle's value is relatively unchanged...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Not so fast my friend (in my best Lee Corso voice)

 

Kittle & CJ Beathard were college teammates & roommates at Iowa. There is a rapport there that will either manifest itself right off the bat or it won't.  They hooked up for a TD this past week after Garoppolo went down--got called back on an offensive interference call on Juszczyk or whatever his name is.  So I think Kittle's value is relatively unchanged...

The offense will be worse though. And scoring opportunities down. Going to the backup QB isn't always a benefit for a TE. I think Kittle will be more inconsistent and his chances for TDs goes down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devaster said:

The offense will be worse though. And scoring opportunities down. Going to the backup QB isn't always a benefit for a TE. I think Kittle will be more inconsistent and his chances for TDs goes down.

Yes, I do agree with you on that...targets/receptions/yards may look similar but SF definitely won't be extending drives & getting into the red zone as often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, devaster said:

The offense will be worse though. And scoring opportunities down. Going to the backup QB isn't always a benefit for a TE. I think Kittle will be more inconsistent and his chances for TDs goes down.

 

That offense wasn’t anything special to begin with, Jimmy was being overrated going into this season

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kittle was probably drafted as a late round flyer in most leagues. There are higher profile TE's that aren't producing or have gone down like Delanie, Olsen, Engram, or Burton. Even Gronk. Now Kittle probably loses his starting QB and the offense will be worse. I think there is a window right now.

 

The alternative is you hold on to Kittle and ride the roller coaster. I could be way off and he finishes the season very strong. But the odds aren't in his favor.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Not so fast my friend (in my best Lee Corso voice)

 

Kittle & CJ Beathard were college teammates & roommates at Iowa. There is a rapport there that will either manifest itself right off the bat or it won't.  They hooked up for a TD this past week after Garoppolo went down--got called back on an offensive interference call on Juszczyk or whatever his name is.  So I think Kittle's value is relatively unchanged...

 

This is what I like to hear.

 

Devastater should reread this.

 

Beathard will likely be using Kittle as a crutch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy Lee Jones said:

 

This is what I like to hear.

 

Devastater should reread this.

 

Beathard will likely be using Kittle as a crutch.

I don't even have to start Kittle unless Gronk goes down or Gronk is on bye. I drafted Kittle as insurance or to trade.

 

I just think there is a strong argument to sell high on Kittle if the 49ers lose Jimmy G. It is worth considering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...