Rolling Thunder

George Kittle 2018 Outlook

13 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Someone is going to catch passes from CJB. Kittle is as good a guess as any - I think he is a start for sure this week. TE is the security blanket - the first one looked to by a replacement QB.

If he is completely left out of the game plan after tomorrow I'll reassess but he's a go tomorrow imo.

Yeah, despite being skeptical after the injury on Sunday, I'm still going to roll Kittle out there today.  Even without a solid QB, the position is fairly bad, so it's not like there's any other sure thing options out there unless you're in a league of idiots.  I just looked and didn't see anything but boom or bust players in my league, so Kittle is staying in.

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Exactly right and good to know.

Hold and stream someone else if you can. 

I don't understand the allergy to rostering 2 TEs, especially in a season when almost no one has a true "set and forget" TE.

Bench space is everything. In one 12 team league I have 5 bench spots. Definitely not using it on a TE. In my 10 team league I have 9 bench spots so I have 3 TE's as I work out will will actually be my number 2. 

1 minute ago, cowan_j2012 said:

Bench space is everything. In one 12 team league I have 5 bench spots. Definitely not using it on a TE. In my 10 team league I have 9 bench spots so I have 3 TE's as I work out will will actually be my number 2. 

Yes. Let your settings and needs dictate. Based on a lot of evidence, many players on many levels seem to just refuse to roster 2 TEs as a rule of thumb regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Yes. Let your settings and needs dictate. Based on a lot of evidence, many players on many levels seem to just refuse to roster 2 TEs as a rule of thumb regardless. 

I think because most times when we speak we speak to generally about situations. Most benches are shallow so most people speak as if it's a bad idea to roster a 2nd TE. I'd rather have a Boyd at the end of my bench than a mcdonald. 

• Like 1

He’s gone over 90 yards 3/4 games and probably should have had the TD that was called back in game 3 after Garapollo got hurt. 

Outside of the top 3, is there a TE you’d rather have over this guy?

Just now, TheFire said:

He’s gone over 90 yards 3/4 games and probably should have had the TD that was called back in game 3 after Garapollo got hurt. 

Outside of the top 3, is there a TE you’d rather have over this guy?

No, no there isn't. 

The dude is FAST and athletic. His situation is quite similar to that of Evan Engram's last year, with so many injuries to receivers on their respective team.

Add the chemistry of playing with Beathard in college together and if healthy throughout the season, we're looking at a 1,000 yard campaign. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoosballFan said:

I feel bad for anyone who dropped him after Jimmy went down. Top 5 TE rest of the year

I don't know why anyone would have dropped him after Jimmy went down. He has been one of the top TEs this season for a position that has seen a number of injuries and poor performances.

I might have to start using Kittle over Gronk. I don't expect huge games every week, but Gronk is in a slump and I don't see Edelman remedying that slump.

I wish they would stop using GK so much for blocking. I get that's part of his job, but it would nice if you can get him to run a few more routes. I don't know if there is a more athletic TE in the league. He looked like a running back on that screen pass play.

Kittle reportedly suffered a knee injury in Sunday's loss to the Cardinals, according to ESPN's Nick Wagoner.

Spin: 

It is unclear when Kittle suffered the injury, but he was able to stay in the game and finish with 83 yards on five receptions. Unless he suffers a setback, the athletic tight end's status for next week's matchup against the Packers doesn't appear to be in jeopardy. Expect more clarification when injury reports are released later this week.

Got a little worried when I saw him listed as Questionable on my team page this morning.  Seems like it's nothing to worry about though.

Has outscored Gronk every week except week 1. Was almost a dud yesterday until garbage time drive though.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Has outscored Gronk every week except week 1. Was almost a dud yesterday until garbage time drive though.

Considering the 49ers will probably be in garbage time mode for at least 2 quarters a game, you can probably keep counting on it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jwook said:

Considering the 49ers will probably be in garbage time mode for at least 2 quarters a game, you can probably keep counting on it.

Still counts for points right lol. Kittle's been rock solid! Top 5 TE ROS

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm not sure where he was at this point but he was at least around 6-7 points after the drive he had the big catch and run on and the score was 14-12 after missing the 2 pointer ..so didn't get much in 'garbage time'. 

Just now, JSA2422 said:

I'm not sure where he was at this point but he was at least around 6-7 points after the drive he had the big catch and run on and the score was 14-12 after missing the 2 pointer ..so didn't get much in 'garbage time'. 

Standard scoring.

Just now, devaster said:

Standard scoring.

I know - game log says Kittle only had 11 yards on one catch in 'garbage time'. I love GT though, nothing like an endorphin spike when you're at rock bottom refreshing your app while pretending to listen to an in law complain about politics. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I know - game log says Kittle only had 11 yards on one catch in 'garbage time'. I love GT though, nothing like an endorphin spike when you're at rock bottom refreshing your app while pretending to listen to an in law complain about politics. 

I was reading the RW blurb since I didn't watch that game much. 49ers never appeared on RZC much yesterday. He had 63 yards in what was essentially garbage time in the 2nd half on 3 catches.

I'm not complaining, but it is nice to see consistent usage from your TE all game. Kittle has a safe floor this season, but the ceiling is capped. Could still end up being a top-5 TE.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I was reading the RW blurb since I didn't watch that game much. 49ers never appeared on RZC much yesterday. He had 63 yards in what was essentially garbage time in the 2nd half on 3 catches.

I'm not complaining, but it is nice to see consistent usage from your TE all game. Kittle has a safe floor this season, but the ceiling is capped. Could still end up being a top-5 TE.

I mean it was 14-12 for 52 of those yards but ok lol and yes Kittle is great in the current wasteland of TEs. As routine, he missed an end zone connection for a TD and also a +2 ..both hard catches but catch-able. 

11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Got a little worried when I saw him listed as Questionable on my team page this morning.  Seems like it's nothing to worry about though.

Was a nasty little surprise when I noticed that. My team is cursed (like about half of us) so I still fully expect this to develop into an ongoing "will he-won't-he" situation that will somehow find a way to ruin the rest of my ruinous season.

Nice to have a proper top tier TE developing before our eyes though.