Rolling Thunder

George Kittle 2018 Outlook

16 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Hes fine. Sheeesh some of you are waaaay too nervous. 

Welp, he's a game time decision now for a MNF game. 

49 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Welp, he's a game time decision now for a MNF game. 

From Shannahans most recent  presser......don’t see any GTD here..

.https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/10/13/17973674/kyle-shanahan-press-conference-transcript-george-kittle-green-bay-49ers

.....otherwise great stuff on Kittle

Edited by kencav

9 minutes ago, kencav said:

Where is he a GTD:....official source please?

George Kittle (knee) is questionable for Week 6 against the Packers.
Kittle is expected to play after a limited week of practice. With the 49ers down Trent Taylor and Pierre Garcon at less than 100 percent, Kittle is going to see a high target share in a game the 49ers should be playing from behind. 

Shanahan said Breida and a couple of other guys are going to need Sunday and Monday to recover before they will know for certain.  Doesn't mention Kittle in that sentence.  But remember Probable is gone, now there is only Questionable, Doubtful, and Out.

Yes Kittle practiced this week, but he was limited in each practice.  The rw blurb that says Kittle is expected to play is unsourced.  I think this is actually a tougher call than everyone seems to think it is.

I was hoping Saturday's practice would seal the deal, but Kittle was limited on Saturday, as well.

Kittle playing still doesn't seem like a 50/50 thing though.  You would think he would have mentioned him if there was a decent chance of him not playing.

At this point, I'd rather just leave Kittle in there and if somehow he ends up not playing, then I'll just pick up Celek and throw him in there.  Even if Kittle is a little hobbled, he's still better than anything else out there that could replace him today.

• Like 3

I will probably do something similar.  But this lack of clarity is quite frustrating.  A full practice would have really been nice.

Is anyone starting kittle with confidence. 

Am I making a mistake leaving him in my lineup?

Edited by joed2323

13 minutes ago, joed2323 said:

Is anyone starting kittle with confidence. 

Am I making a mistake leaving him in my lineup?

yeah man 

have no one i can really drop for celek in case kittle doesn't play. rolling the dice here... hope he is healthy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidybl said:

have no one i can really drop for celek in case kittle doesn't play. rolling the dice here... hope he is healthy!

Cool update, dude, keep em coming!

• Haha 1

I'm playing him. I think he'll play, and I think he's gonna have a good game

Fearless forecast: 7 receptions for 75 yards and a TD. 

• Like 1

Gronk put up 90 yards and 9 points in standard. Can Kittle keep up his streak and continue to outscore Gronk this week? He has outscored Gronk in standard every week except week 1, and may have also outscored Gronk in 1/2 PPR and full PPR because Gronk also isn't seeing much volume.

7 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Uh oh. 

so does that mean we're going to know whether or not he's playing by 3:45pm (CST or PST I'm assuming..) 

Limited practices are better than no practices, but they are no bueno.  I should have listened to my gut and benched Kittle...

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

so does that mean we're going to know whether or not he's playing by 3:45pm (CST or PST I'm assuming..) 

We'll know if Kittle is active by then.  But we won't know if Kittle is emergency only, decoy, full, etc until the game is well underway.

This could mean Celek is out, but looks like he practiced in full Friday. Inactives are due 90 minutes before kickoff, so we'll have to keep an eye on that. 

If you're down a short margin in your game (like a couple points) I'd pick up Celek if you have anyone you don't care to drop. The minute Mahomes hit Hill on that last bomb it put me down 1.6 and I picked up Celek just to ensure I have someone playing tonight. Not sure he can even get that though. Bummer. 

Edited by mjagger42

I was down 161-67.....opponent had Michel and GD DST.....

I had Mahones, Hill, White and Kittle.

Score now 183-178....me down with Kittle he has GB...

Sure hope Kittle plays......✊