Sign in to follow this  
NoHablaIngles

Harper or Judge Keeper League WHIR

Been offered Aaron Judge for my Harper, 12 team, keep 8. 

They are both the same age, Judge is on the better team in a better home ballpark. When breaking these two down, Judge is a better bet in Runs, HRs, and RBIs while they are a wash in BA, OPS, and SBs. I think Judge is the superior asset but Harper has more "name value". Looking for your input for some second sober thought: am i out of my mind or should i go with my gut and accept?

What’s your league’s scoring? I would take Harper if it’s a league where OBP and walks count, I would go with Judge otherwise. Thanks for helping me by the way.

Harper.  There is a reason he was up at age 20 while Judge was up at age 26.  Harper has multiple years of a track record, Judge has 1.  Give me Harper all day long.

Help:

33 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

What’s your league’s scoring? I would take Harper if it’s a league where OBP and walks count, I would go with Judge otherwise. Thanks for helping me by the way.

Not an OBP league and walks are not counted, if they were I'd rank them about equal. I agree thats why im leaning Judge.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, briane said:

Harper.  There is a reason he was up at age 20 while Judge was up at age 26.  Harper has multiple years of a track record, Judge has 1.  Give me Harper all day long.

Help:

Isnt that a sunk cost though? Judge outperformed Harper last year and has done so far this year. Harper has been injury prone and hasnt had an elite season since his 2015 season. Your reasoning is my only same reason for hesitating; but on second thought Harper's name value is inflating his true value

6 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep Harper and move another player for Judge. 

I've tried, I don't really have the assets to acquire judge otherwise. I'm trying to get him to throw in a sweetener but he is refusing even that. 

3 hours ago, briane said:

I'm not necessarily saying I'd make this trade, but I'm not convinced it's as much of landslide as you're implying.

First off, I haven't seen a league yet that gave credit for years past.  So "track record" isn't everything. 

Second, I'm not sure how much better Harper will get. Sure, he's supposed to be getting to his prime years. But I'd argue that with six years of experience, he might be close to there already.

Third, so far he's had some good seasons, but only one that I'd call "elite".  Maybe this year will be his second. Or maybe he'll get hurt.  Again. 

So, again, I'm not sure where I come down on this one. But I do think it's a fair question to ask. 

• Like 1

for me its still harper given his track record, upside and the fact that you can keep him 

5 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Isnt that a sunk cost though? Judge outperformed Harper last year and has done so far this year. Harper has been injury prone and hasnt had an elite season since his 2015 season. Your reasoning is my only same reason for hesitating; but on second thought Harper's name value is inflating his true value

6 hours ago, briane said:

Help:

Some players figure things out later in their careers. Judge’s only season was great, and he’s looking to repeat it. Harper had 1 great year 3 years ago, 1 good one cut short by injury and 5 mediocre ones. Judge is a safer bet and is better this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, briane said:

Help:

Judge was up at age 24.

6 hours ago, absknicks said:

Judge was up at age 24.

Judges age 24 season outperformed Harpers age 24 season by a fair margin. All that means is that judge was more of a finished product than harper when called up is more of a late bloomer,Not to mention harper signed out of high school from the draft while judge went to college. I keep seeing the same arguement for Harper that he "could" be beastmode given his prospect pedigree and the fact that he was called up so young which gives him a perceived higher upside. In fact, Judges rookie season was better than every Harper Season except for one (2015 when he went bonkers). Add in Harpers injury past and I am heavily leaning towards accepting today

I honestly feel better about Judge than I do Harper right now, but I think Harper holds more value given his past performances. I would try to add a little bit more value coming your way in this deal, but overall I think it's a deal you can make.

Honestly it's a wash, but if I had To Pick it be judge because of team & park he plays in, if Harper goes to cubs next year that changes everything, but it's this year slight edge to Judge