Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flyman75

Ryan Yarbrough 2018 Outlook

What are the thoughts on this rookie? He has a decent track record in the minors and is off to a good start in Tampa. He's outpitching his FIP by about a half run and his xFIP by more than a run, but the Ks and walks are solid. 

Currently sitting with a 3.21 ERA and 1.09 WHIP thus far...43 K in 47 IP. 

In a points league with limited starts he’s been nails. That’s all I know. 

What the Rays are doing with "bullpening" is the future for these type of pitchers. Yarbrough is a number 5 type starter who gets better results out of the pen. In his previous two "starts" where he entered in the 2nd inning, hes pitched in 7 frames each. In traditional starts, he has yet to reach the sixth inning. He pounds the zone with a high 80s/low 90s fastball and has a cutter and a change-up getting plus value according to Fangraphs. He is a cheat code in leagues that have weekly start limits. I believe we will see the Rays take advantage of their MILB pitching depth with this bullpening strategy. 

Keep  your eyes on Diego Castillo now that Colome is gone as far as closer role. I think he'll be in TB this year. 

Romo is gonna get a win over him one day and it's gonna cost someone their fantasy league - i can just feel it!

Just gave up a monster to Olson but decent outing nonetheless.

edit: jesus christ another monster to Chapman. went from a 1 era outing to 5 in 4 pitches. take him out now plz

5 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Just gave up a monster to Olson but decent outing nonetheless.

edit: jesus christ another monster to Chapman. went from a 1 era outing to 5 in 4 pitches. take him out now plz

Just 3 ER.  Can’t fault him for the late homers ... 100 pitch relief outings are a lot to ask!

8 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

Just 3 ER.  Can’t fault him for the late homers ... 100 pitch relief outings are a lot to ask!

The last time he pitched in relief he threw 100+ pitches

the time before 90+ relief pitches 

what the hell why don’t that idiot manager just start Yarbrough 

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The last time he pitched in relief he threw 100+ pitches

the time before 90+ relief pitches 

what the hell why don’t that idiot manager just start Yarbrough 

He basically is....it doesn’t change much for fantasy purposes

unless your league uses QS, which it won’t for long

7 minutes ago, castaway98 said:

Can anyone confirm if Yarbrough is starting or in long man duty tomorrow night @ MIA?

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like it should be tomorrow, as he last pitched on the 6/28, and tomorrow is supposed to be a bullpen day. Everywhere I look on line says his next scheduled outing is vs the Marlins, but it doesn't say what day.

8 hours ago, weisberg26 said:

I'm wondering the same thing. It seems like it should be tomorrow, as he last pitched on the 6/28, and tomorrow is supposed to be a bullpen day. Everywhere I look on line says his next scheduled outing is vs the Marlins, but it doesn't say what day.

He’s starting tonight against Marlins. Originally he was going to follow “opener” Ryne Stanek, but Stanek was used in extra inning game last night. 

Uggh, I'm limited to 12 starts per week so having Yarbrough is nice slotting him in when he's coming on in the 2nd, a lot less luster burning a start on him.

anyone else like him vs Miami tonight?

1 hour ago, castaway98 said:

Anyone know when Yarbrough is next expected to pitch?

I would guess tomorrow. He last pitched on the 21st.

7 hours ago, castaway98 said:

Anyone know when Yarbrough is next expected to pitch?

I’d expect it to be today, Thursday.

Hunter wood is “starting” and he’s a 1-2 inning guy. Seems like Yarbrough would come in after, since Archer is going tomorrow/Friday.  

Theres a possibility they save him for Saturday or Sunday. One of the two games will most likely be Beeks debut, the other is up in the air last I knew.