Sign in to follow this  
sharpee

WW Help - WHIR!

Some decent options on the wire and there are few guys with whom i would be okay parting with - seager, cutch and possibly one of my closers or starters

Here's who's out there:

Bats: Smoak, Puig, Suarez, Kemp, Davidson, Odor

Arms: Reyes

I'm thinking that Reyes needs to be grabbed and possibly Smoak and Puig. Thoughts? Any recommendations of who to drop? I was thinking of dropping seager, cutch and herrera for those 3. Figured adding a bit more power would help given my format. 

Team in sig

Edited by sharpee

Update:

Arms: Reyes, Ross, Foltynewicz, Sanchez, Duffy

I think you def need to take a shot on Reyes for sure, I also think picking up Smoak to see how he pans out is worth it as well. Puig has hit some HR's lately, but Kemp has been more consistent and seems like he could help your OF. I like Suarez too, I feel he's underrated personally. I think I'd rather have Tyson Ross than Jon Gray and Folty over Godley. Also Buxton would be on the chopping block for me too, doesn't look promising this year and looks like he wouldn't be a keeper for you. 

• Like 1

pick up reyes immediately!!! He is a star and will be a top 20 Starter ROS, mark my words. I watched his starts in the minors, they were absolutely electric.

• Like 1

Reyes.  I would drop Gray first but that is because I have trouble with any Rockie pitcher (though, in a deep league, they are ok).

Help:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mag7 said:

Puig hasn't done much of anything this year.  Is that Eugenio Suarez?  If so, I'd rather take him than Puig.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/703276-kluber-trade-whir/

47 minutes ago, tonywow said:

I think you def need to take a shot on Reyes for sure, I also think picking up Smoak to see how he pans out is worth it as well. Puig has hit some HR's lately, but Kemp has been more consistent and seems like he could help your OF. I like Suarez too, I feel he's underrated personally. I think I'd rather have Tyson Ross than Jon Gray and Folty over Godley. Also Buxton would be on the chopping block for me too, doesn't look promising this year and looks like he wouldn't be a keeper for you. 

42 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

pick up reyes immediately!!! He is a star and will be a top 20 Starter ROS, mark my words. I watched his starts in the minors, they were absolutely electric.

yep, thats eugenio from the reds. 

the issue i have is that if drop cutch and seager, one of my pick ups i feed would need to by an OF so i can at least keep buxton on the bench. buxton is my current keeper and has a 11th round penalty so its a gamble worth holding on too i feel. 

i'm certainly on the reyes pick up. RPs are plentiful on my wire since there are 2-3 teams punting saves. what i'll do is drop herrera for him right now. 

now the question is what to do about my bats? 

1 minute ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Reyes needs to be owned.

mine:

grabbed reyes - any feedback on the batter side? would love some input

okay dropped herrera for reyes. 

now the question is back to the bats. any of the following guys worth owning? if so, any recommendations on who to drop? 

3 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

I predict him not even being in the top 50 ROS. Too much hype.

Edited by Thenewwildone8

Add Suarez NOW, he should not be on waivers.

puig and Smoak are worth owning but don’t know that it’s really an upgrade over what you have.  Just go with what you feel there.  But definitely pick up Suarez fast.

Definitely add Reyes and Suarez. With the type of talent on your WW, I would have no second thoughts dropping Buxton.

Help? 

On 5/26/2018 at 10:27 PM, sharpee said:

okay dropped herrera for reyes. 

now the question is back to the bats. any of the following guys worth owning? if so, any recommendations on who to drop? 

Why would you cut a good closer?

A lot of this has to do with league dynamics and the supply and demand aspect of closers in my league. Since we have 2-3 teams punting saves, this results in a rich closer pool