Sign in to follow this  
AroundTheHorn

Drop Buxton for Nimmo?

Byron hitting 9th and looks lost at the plate. Nimmo arguably the better prospect when young and looks to be figuring things out. I’ll lose the stolen bases but at this point who cares?

im still on the buxton wagon but im exercising extreme patience

I think I would hold Buxton at this point.  I like what Nimmo is doing, but I think Buxton has a higher ceiling.

Help; 

I know Buxton has the potential, but I'd drop him for pretty much anyone right now. He looks completely lost, and I doubt anyone would pick him up unless you're in a keeper/very competitive league. I dropped him in a cutthroat redraft league, and I don't foresee anyone snagging him.

Help?

Broxton has the higher ceiling. Nimmo looks to be a, steady prospect who can get on base well but who will never hit for a lot of power or steal a lot of bases. 

I would grab Nimmo before somebody else does . And I would hope somebody picks up Buxton that's ahead of you on the standings . It would be a win win for you . 

All this love for Buxton who has only really performed for a stretch last season. He’s so overly hyped that I too bought into it and drafted him high in my league thinking I was striking gold. He may have a higher ceiling than Nimmo but I think he’s shown that is floor is also much lower. Sometimes you just gotta cut bait and ask yourself is the short term production that he provided last season worth the longterm drain he put on your team the rest of the year? Of course those who grabbed him for his hot stretch think he was amazing because they didn’t endure all the suck he provided at the beginning of the season.  I dropped him in a competitive 12-team league that keeps 3 players and two managers laughed about starting a claim war over him.  Needless to say he cleared waivers and is a FA.  Also I grabbed Nimmo and in three days of owning him he provided me more production than Buxton has all season. 

21 hours ago, AroundTheHorn said:

Byron hitting 9th and looks lost at the plate. Nimmo arguably the better prospect when young and looks to be figuring things out. I’ll lose the stolen bases but at this point who cares?

WTF??????

Keep Buxton but keep him planted firmly  on your bench until he shows signs of life.

Keep Buxton and there's gotta be another player you can drop for Nimmo