Sign in to follow this  
ASHLANDARROWS1992

Lindor - Stanton

In talks with owner who wants my lindor

Team in sig..I am in a tight race for hrs and rbis and have about a 12 point lead currently in average 

would u make the move?

I would hold Lindor.  He's going to get a better avg, runs, sb's.  He might be close in RBI's and he'll approach 30 HR.  

Help?  

Lindor easy, he contributes in all cats while stanton is struggling heavily at the moment. Stantons K rate is higher than last year and pitchers have made an adjustment on how to pitch him given his new closed stance. Stanton also has the injury past to deal with, Lindor has no such questions

I'd keep Lindor. I watch Stanton everyday and am seriously worried about his stance right now. It basically makes him ineffective against RHP. He'll probably make an adjustment and be fine sooner or later, but Lindor is younger, plays a more premium position and a fantastic talent himself... so I just don't see the point in taking on a potential headache in Stanton right now. 

Stanton is worth a lot more, not sure what people here are talking about. Stanton is going to have more HR’s, RBI, and Runs when the season is over. It’s silly to focus on a slump when Stanton’s peripherals don’t indicate any sudden decline. Stanton is the best power hitter in the game, if you need HR’s and RBI this is a no-brainer.

Steamer projections ROS:Stanton: .274/.366/.610 35 HR 84 RBI 71 R 2 SB’s

Lindor: .288/.356/.492   19 HR 59 RBI 69 R 10 SB’s

3 hours ago, absknicks said:

I'd keep Lindor. I watch Stanton everyday and am seriously worried about his stance right now. It basically makes him ineffective against RHP. He'll probably make an adjustment and be fine sooner or later, but Lindor is younger, plays a more premium position and a fantastic talent himself... so I just don't see the point in taking on a potential headache in Stanton right now. 

3 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Lindor easy, he contributes in all cats while stanton is struggling heavily at the moment. Stantons K rate is higher than last year and pitchers have made an adjustment on how to pitch him given his new closed stance. Stanton also has the injury past to deal with, Lindor has no such questions

Stanton will be fine, none of his peripherals changed. Lindor is not keeping up his power at all. Stanton is significantly better in HR’s and  RBI, better in Runs, and slightly worse in AVG and SB’s ROS. Once Stanton gets hot, he’ll be the hottest hitter in the game. 

3 hours ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

I would stick with Lindor...gives you everything. I have always liked Lindor and not so much Stanton so little bias 

He’s not an elite SB threat and isn’t really a power hitter. Stanton is better by far and it’s not even remotely close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

He’s not an elite SB threat and isn’t really a power hitter. Stanton is better by far and it’s not even remotely close.

His stats currently say something different. Stanton has the ability to be better but I wouldn't put my money on it...don't forget I would always pick the SS if it's close 

52 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

His stats currently say something different. Stanton has the ability to be better but I wouldn't put my money on it...don't forget I would always pick the SS if it's close 

It’s silly to judge him on 2 months when he switched leagues and teams. Steamer is a proven and respected system and according to it he’s going to be fine. I think that’s more likely than a season-long slump.

Edited by Thenewwildone8

1 hour ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Stanton is worth a lot more, not sure what people here are talking about. Stanton is going to have more HR’s, RBI, and Runs when the season is over. It’s silly to focus on a slump when Stanton’s peripherals don’t indicate any sudden decline. Stanton is the best power hitter in the game, if you need HR’s and RBI this is a no-brainer.

Steamer projections ROS:Stanton: .274/.366/.610 35 HR 84 RBI 71 R 2 SB’s

Lindor: .288/.356/.492   19 HR 59 RBI 69 R 10 SB’s

Im going to have to agree the more valuable player is Stanton. Lindor could have a slight edge with Runs on Stanton though - He is a leadoff hitter with a much better OBP right now. 

Stanton is not necessarily "Slumping" but he is struggling. New League + New Team + Mega NY Media Hype = struggles. I fully expect him to put it all together & catch fire again. 

I vote Stanton - Better Power & Better Lineup 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jrick45 said:

Im going to have to agree the more valuable player is Stanton. Lindor could have a slight edge with Runs on Stanton though - He is a leadoff hitter with a much better OBP right now. 

Stanton is not necessarily "Slumping" but he is struggling. New League + New Team + Mega NY Media Hype = struggles. I fully expect him to put it all together & catch fire again. 

I vote Stanton - Better Power & Better Lineup 

Thank you!

• Like 1

Move someone else for the other owners Stanton as you keep Lindor on you're team.