GC Tacos

Dennis Santana 2018 Outlook

The Dodgers will recall Santana from Triple-A Oklahoma City ahead of Wednesday's game against the Phillies, Robert Murray of FanRagSports.com reports. Over his 10 starts in the minors this season -- the first eight of which came at Double-A Tulsa -- Santana has accrued a 2.54 ERA and 65:16 K:BB in 49.2 innings.

Another top prospect from the Dodger's farm system is coming up! Looks like he's gonna be bullpen help, but with the injuries to Dodgers pitchers there is a possibility he stays.

I like him long term in keepers, but not so sure in redraft. Just because, as you noted, it might be a multi inning RP role with occasional starts. With Kershaw and Hill on their way back and Strip doing well, spots in the rotation might be tougher to come by? Though there is always fluidity with the LAD staff too...

Yeah I agree with SS.  Kershaw coming back.  Still got Wood and Buehler.  Stripling pitching well.  Hill will be back but who knows how long he lasts.  Maeda probably only gonna miss one start.  I only perceive it as some BP help, but as SS mentioned, the Dodgers are the masters of the phantom DL and he could easily make some spot starts this season.

5 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Hill will be back but who knows how long he lasts.

Probably ten pitches, if that. Sadly not even joking. If Maeda is truly hurt i see a real opportunity to Santana. Could be short term but I think his upside warrants grabbing him if youre able to. Certainly do not trust Hill to come back and be healthy one bit. 

FWIW - ESPN blurb (which I think is from Rotowire) seems to think he could be back down by the end of the week, unless the Maeda injury warrants more time off.

The Dodgers will recall Santana from Triple-A Oklahoma City ahead of Wednesday's game against the Phillies, Robert Murray of FanRagSports.com reports.
Spin: 
It's likely just a short-term promotion for Santana, who is regarded as one of the top pitching prospects in the organization. With Brock Stewart lasting just four innings in Monday's start and Kenta Maeda exited in the second inning Tuesday with a hip strain, the Dodgers bullpen has been quite overworked the past two days, so Santana will offer a much-needed fresh arm in long relief. Unless Maeda's injury proves to be a long-term concern, it seems likely that Santana will report back to Triple-A by the end of the week. Over his 10 starts in the minors this season -- the first eight of which came at Double-A Tulsa -- Santana has accrued a 2.54 ERA and 65:16 K:BB in 49.2 innings.

59 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

MLB at bar app has him slated to start on Sunday. Is this correct?

That would mean they're pushing Walker Buehler back a day which means he won't be pitching in Colorado anymore. I could see they would do that, but kinda rough sending a rookie out there for his first start.

4 hours ago, GC Tacos said:

That would mean they're pushing Walker Buehler back a day which means he won't be pitching in Colorado anymore. I could see they would do that, but kinda rough sending a rookie out there for his first start.

I am seeing Buehler pitching on Saturday in Colorado....

Correct, rotation would be Kershaw (thurs) - Wood (fri) - Buehler (sat) - Santana/TBD (sun) - Stripling

Hello Alex Reyes’ replacement. Time to give this guy a look in mixed leagues imo. Kershaw is heading for an MRI of his lower back again and another DL stint is a possibility. 

Looks like he's getting the start today instead of Wood. I like his upside, but I'm nervous that Colorado will stack heavy left handed hitting. If he does start I expect 4.2 innings with 3 ER and 6 SO. Then again, there has been a surprising amount of rookie pitchers that have had phenomenal debuts and the Dodgers track record of converting fielders into pitchers is quite stellar.

Anyone streaming him tonight? Seems like a good chance to get him in the game with it being a bullpen game and wouldn't have to burn a start if you're in a limited starts league.

10 hours ago, GC Tacos said:

Looks like he's getting the start today instead of Wood. I like his upside, but I'm nervous that Colorado will stack heavy left handed hitting. If he does start I expect 4.2 innings with 3 ER and 6 SO. Then again, there has been a surprising amount of rookie pitchers that have had phenomenal debuts and the Dodgers track record of converting fielders into pitchers is quite stellar.

Dodgers doing the TB thang..... Looks like Santana will jam in the 2nd inning but it won't count as a start.

2 minutes ago, beauso79 said:

Well, that was a hell of a debut 

A thing of beauty 

2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

A thing of beauty 

Hopefully it will make him easier to pick up

starting vs Pitt on Thursday.

anyone like him for a stream in especially deep mixed leagues?

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 11:33 AM, WTP333 said:

starting vs Pitt on Thursday.

anyone like him for a stream in especially deep mixed leagues?

So why Hudson today and not Santana starting??