ASHLANDARROWS1992

EVAN LONGORIA WORTH A #1 WAIVER CLAIM

Without knowing the full extent of your WW, given that it is a highly competitive league, I assume that it is thin.  With no one overly exciting on your bench, I would say go for it.  He seems to be heating up, and while he rarely walks, he should put up decent enough counting stats.

1 minute ago, ToO_BaD said:

Without knowing the full extent of your WW, given that it is a highly competitive league, I assume that it is thin.  With no one overly exciting on your bench, I would say go for it.  He seems to be heating up, and while he rarely walks, he should put up decent enough counting stats.

wire is ULTRA thin....13 team league, with 29 man rosters

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

wire is ULTRA thin....13 team league, with 29 man rosters

Yeah I figured as much.  I'd say go for it.  Without a random call-up or major hot streak, probably won't be a lot popping up to use it.

It looks like in this type of league there wont be a ton of high quality players dropped so i think this would be a good move using the #1 Waiver on Longo. I'd do it.

Help me?

Id probably keep the claim, not a huge fan of Longo ROS, but like you said its a deep league with deep rosters.  So for example, who is the next couple best available hitters on the WW?

5 minutes ago, ocwrigs said:

Id probably keep the claim, not a huge fan of Longo ROS, but like you said its a deep league with deep rosters.  So for example, who is the next couple best available hitters on the WW?

very thin...ownership wise the next sticks at the top are

bruce

addison russell

tyler oneil

fowler

trumbo

like i said, utra thin

you know the league better than us so you know the odds of getting a better add later in the year.  I don't see Longo as a game changer for you but he should be a top 150 guy from here forward

With 13 teams and 29 man rosters, I’d jump at Longoria and play him while he’s hot. 

Id say it depends. When are players added to the player pool (when do prospects who havent played in the majors get added - and do they arrive on waivers?) If that is how your league works Id hold the waiver for a claim on someone like Vlad Jr, Senzel or Kopesh. If your league already has those guys added and they are currently rostered id say use it on Longoria. 

11 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Id say it depends. When are players added to the player pool (when do prospects who havent played in the majors get added - and do they arrive on waivers?) If that is how your league works Id hold the waiver for a claim on someone like Vlad Jr, Senzel or Kopesh. If your league already has those guys added and they are currently rostered id say use it on Longoria. 

all 3 are rostered already

He is a solid add, I think will put up good but unspectacular numbers over the course of the year...

any minor leaguer on the WW that may get the call at some point? Alonso NYM?