ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, Braves16 said:

He’ll get in a couple limited practices early next week then be full by Thursday and good to go for sunday. 

With alex smith at the helm i fully expect 13 receptions for 36 yards. 

That's 16.6 points, I'll gladly take that from a flex or WR3.

Realistically, it'll be more like 7 for 74 and I'm good with that as well.

Yeesh, that's a tough one. I tend to go with person I know is getting a ton of touches week 1 and see how the new QB situation works itself out, so I would say AP. I also have AP and Crowder on the same team and I'm starting Crowder (full PPR). But that's more to do with my RB depth and lack of WR depth. I think AP puts up at least 10 half PPR points. 

I would project Crowder for about 6 catches and 70 yards, which is in that range also for you. So....then I would basically say "who is more likely to get a TD"? I think that's AP here. I'm starting Crowder in full PPR simply because that stat line gets him 13 and AP would need either 70 and a TD or 130 yards to match it. The good news is, both should either have good or bad games since they're on the same offense ;) (in theory....very loose theory.....)

Edited by kball09

1 hour ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

What’s the outlook for him this week. Will Peterson be focused on him or doctson?

Doctson had maybe the toughest matchups in league last year on defense and given the big play ability that both he and Jordan Reed possess, those would be the guys that defences should be focusing on. With Chris Thompson also in the fold, I don't think you're going to see defences keying in on Crowder who averages 12 yards/reception. No QB in the league throws to their slot man more than Alex Smith, so to me it looks like Crowder is definitely going to see a lot of volume/targets. Not sure about standard, but in PPR he can be an absolute monster in 2018. 

Edited by winston93
  • Like 1

What he said ^ He's the WR I drafted to have a safe floor in PPR with the potential to be a Landry-light type player. Hoping for 8-10 targets, but if they get up early it could be the Peterson show.

7 hours ago, kball09 said:

What he said ^ He's the WR I drafted to have a safe floor in PPR with the potential to be a Landry-light type player. Hoping for 8-10 targets, but if they get up early it could be the Peterson show.

I doubt they get up far enough to rely on AP to run out the clock.  They don't have the weapons to score a lot of points to do that.  

6 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I doubt they get up far enough to rely on AP to run out the clock.  They don't have the weapons to score a lot of points to do that.  

Even if they do it means when they pass they'll probably be looking at shorter, safer passes. That still plays in Crowder's favour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, winston93 said:

Even if they do it means when they pass they'll probably be looking at shorter, safer passes. That still plays in Crowder's favour.

I've just about made up my mind to put him my flex spot this week.  He just seems so safe working out of the slot receiving passes from a guy who makes a living throwing there.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

What’s the outlook for him this week. Will Peterson be focused on him or doctson?

New Zona head coach worked under Lovie Smith then under Rivera and McDermott in Carolina. Long story short expect lots of zone now and Peterson staying on one side all game.

3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Everyone is high on Reed, Crowder, Doctson, and Thompson this year. Add in AP and they have some solid weapons. I'm starting Alex Smith tomorrow so here's hoping.....

• Like 1

Yeah, that didn't went so well. Seems like he plays the fourth (maybe even fifth, due to Alex Smith checking the 1st down) fiddel on this team.

50 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Yeah, that didn't went so well. Seems like he plays the fourth (maybe even fifth, due to Alex Smith checking the 1st down) fiddel on this team.

I didn't watch the game but yeah I thought Thompson wasn't supposed to be 100% yet and I didn't think Richardson would get higher targets than him. I guess the game script didn't really work in his favor with AP getting 26 carries but 30 pass attempts isn't that bad. Arizona has a pretty good secondary and idk how much groin affected him. For me Crowder was partially a bet against Reed since if he goes down Crowder should see a much bigger role over the middle. 

chris thompson and Reed are killng his value. No need for me to hold on and hope targets start to magically appear without inuries. 

Move on and find the next upside guy.

• Like 2

I don't think you drop Crowder, but I think if you have other options, he gets put on the bench.  Reed and Thompson aren't very durable so I'm sure Crowder will move up the pecking order at some point, but not the PPR asset I thought he would be.

Wasn't Crowder the guy who creates the most yards of separation of all the receivers Smith has?  And Smith doesn't like to throw into tight windows, something like #41 out of 42 in terms of aggressiveness?  I guess with Thompson and Reed, check down Charlie doesn't need no stinking WRs.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wasn't Crowder the guy who creates the most yards of separation of all the receivers Smith has?  And Smith doesn't like to throw into tight windows, something like #41 out of 42 in terms of aggressiveness?  I guess with Thompson and Reed, check down Charlie doesn't need no stinking WRs.  

Right?

I bought into that too.

Fml

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

chris thompson and Reed are killng his value. No need for me to hold on and hope targets start to magically appear without inuries. 

Move on and find the next upside guy.

I would hold for at least another week to see what happens. Arizona plays some exotic zone schemes on defense and there was no reason to take chances with Washington up by 21 points at one point. Keep in mind that Reed had no 2nd half receptions. Game script favored AD and he did work. There is fear that the Redskins could be in plus situations like this again given the schedule that they have, but I would hold for at least another week

16 minutes ago, CooL said:

Capt. kirk didnt need wr's either  his last season there

So... 4 targets, 2 receptions for 8 yards.  2 rushes for 29 yards.  5.7 points in PPR.

Last week, 4 targets, 3 receptions for 32 yards.

What happened to "Alex Smith loves the slot guy", "Crowder separates higher than average and Smith doesn't throw if covered", and "Crowder and Smith have developed a connection in camp"???

Thinking this guy is a drop.

• Like 1

He got hurt in preseason and missed the games, which is why I avoided him week 1. Unfortunately I started him this week. Whatever chemistry he had with Smith in OTAs is gone...his targets are now all going to Thompson.

2nd year in a row I bought the hype on this guy. He'll probably kill it in the 2nd half again after I drop him.

Going to have to wait for the yearly Chris Thompson & Jordan Reed injuries before this guy gets those targets, I think. The Redskins brought in 2 WR’s today for whatever that is worth.