ajs723

Jamison Crowder 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

If they fall behind Green Bay, have to throw to catch up, and Crowder STILL doesn't get more than 4 targets this week, it might be time to cut bait. Possibly a situation where Reed/Thompson need to get hurt before he has value

Cut this bum this week.  Figred Alex Smith would LOVE Crowder in the slot, but 4 targets both games isn't getting it done, especially how short the targets are.  Rather have upside stashes on the bench.  I can get 3-30 anywhere on the wire. 

Edited by Fort4242

On 9/17/2018 at 5:41 PM, Evincar said:

2nd year in a row I bought the hype on this guy. He'll probably kill it in the 2nd half again after I drop him.

I'm in the same boat. held for 6 weeks last year and dropped. Then he goes off in the second half.

And here we are again.... This guy should be great for this O and Alex Smith.  So far not so good.

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I'm in the same boat. held for 6 weeks last year and dropped. Then he goes off in the second half.

And here we are again.... This guy should be great for this O and Alex Smith.  So far not so good.

Arrrgh......that's exactly what I'm afraid of.  One injury to Reed or Thompson and this dude begins to go off.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Arrrgh......that's exactly what I'm afraid of.  One injury to Reed or Thompson and this dude begins to go off.  

Actually that is a good point and why I'm holding as long as a can.  Maybe Crowder is just a slow starter?  Get his rep back with Smith over the next few weeks and see what happens.  Reed hasn't stayed healthy in the past and if he misses any time that should definitely add more targets to Crowder. 

If they can get him the ball more often he can do some good things with it.  I have to hold for now.

• Like 1

Anyone feeling good vibes with Crowder this week against New Orleans? Had to pick him up earlier in the year as a flier due to my stellar drafting of Baldwin, Fitz, and Cooper.

Not feeling it. Washington has a good pass D and might keep the score low. Add to that AP who, I’m sure, will want to run all over the Saints (sure wish I had him this week) and I don’t think Washington will be throwing as much. Crowder was not getting the targets before and I thought I read earlier this year that he had some sort of injury. Haven’t heard about an injury since but the stats look like he might be. 

Whoever says any saints game in a dome is going to be low scoring... idk I disagree. Super high scoring. I like Reed better but I own Crowder and am flexing him with extreme confidence 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shimmer said:

Anyone feeling good vibes with Crowder this week against New Orleans? Had to pick him up earlier in the year as a flier due to my stellar drafting of Baldwin, Fitz, and Cooper.

I was so high on Crowder this year thinking he'd be a great mid-late round scoop in PPR leagues, but it just hasn't panned out.  I dropped him in one league for John Brown 2 weeks ago and Quincy E in another.  Officially off the train...but he's still sitting there on both WWs.  

Potential is that he could rebound, just wasn't willing to wait.  For me it's about targets when I'm considering a bye week fill in WR or Flex...and his 4 targets per game just aren't doing it for me.  Needed a more reliable option.

Wasn't there some Smith-Crowder chemistry in training camp? I can't even tell where he is in the pecking order. Is he worth keeping over waiver adds like Coutee or Martavis Bryant?

26 minutes ago, mmurph20 said:

Wasn't there some Smith-Crowder chemistry in training camp? I can't even tell where he is in the pecking order. Is he worth keeping over waiver adds like Coutee or Martavis Bryant?

Over Bryant sure, but Coutee could be lightning in a bottle. 

And yeah, I drafted him based off that chemistry BS also. Another example of why camp talk should primarily be ignored. Everyone loves everyone before the real games start.

3 hours ago, Shimmer said:

no good vibes, despite the possible shootout. three guys i'd start over crowder for sure:

valdez-scantling (if geronimo is out)

coutee (if fuller is out)

ryan grant (if ty is out)

have yet to see anything resembling a "connection" between alex smith and any wr. deja vu to the way kansas city used to operate.

I'd rather have Reed, but his target certainly are on the upswing. Against AZ they ran a lot of "mirror" concepts with him and Chris Thompson, which Smith took Thompson every time. 

Look at Thompson's numbers that game, that will be Crowder at some point. 

The question is: can he give you a reasonable output without blowing up? I believe the answer is yes.

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Not feeling it. Washington has a good pass D and might keep the score low.

puff, puff, give, homie

• Haha 2

I'm starting this week in the flex... Might be the last chance before I have to look elsewhere.

Should get some looks... I hope?

I'm tempted to pick him back up but this offense spreads the ball around so much, I'm just not sure he'll get the targets needed for decent worth.

As a Hilton owner in a 16 team league, I have to start this guy. Hope as a WR2, he doesn’t do a 3-30 stat line

55 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Sneaky play this week?

Is he not considered the #1 wr there? Obviously Reed is the number one target but I’m assuming those are based on wide receivers only.

I think he's WR2 behind Richardson, but Reed and Thompson are ahead of both target-wise.  

I would love some inside info on Crowder.....

do do you think it is possible Smith and Crowder finally get on board and become a team?  I mean isn’t Crowder to good to be an after thought?  Can he be a FF force starting tomorrow? 

Bump this up, hoping to get some inside knowledge here.  

Can this his guy be resurrected this year, or is he doomed for mediocrity?