• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kelvin Herrera - Alex Colome Owners Support Group  

Parker getting set before the pitch...  

This is the laziness that frustrates many of us, and just adds to a thread that is already difficult for many people to read through. It’s only 2 pages, and question was asked and answered one page be

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Maurer? Really?

It doesn’t surprise me and it doesn’t surprise me to see him blow it. There really is no talent in that bullpen and he probably has the best stuff out of anyone. The Royals would love to see him magically learn how to pitch consistently over the next month and flip him for some A ball C prospect but they probably realize it’s not going to happen.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, chrisrfu said:

KC announcers mentioned how it may be because Maurer has closing experience

Not directed towards you, but that actually translates to "Maurer has the most experience laying giant turds on the mound when there is a save opportunity.  He might be the worst "closer" on the planet, but we don't care because we never cared from the get-go if we went 0-162 this season.  He's going to be our "closer" even though our AAA affiliate threw a party after we called him up after he laid giant turds on AAA mounds all season to the tune of a 5.48 ERA and 1.56 WHIP."

Damn, nobody's rushing to pick him up?  I think the only person in the world that would own him in fantasy baseball would be the Royals' manager.  Even Maurer's mom said "hell no, my son pitches like sh!t!".

• Haha 3

McCarthy for KC ? Tim Hill is a lefty . More right handed hitters in the majors. Not that it matters that much . See Zack Britton among others. I do need saves and I'm looking for anybody that has a pulse . I lost Herrea .

11 minutes ago, motown magic said:

McCarthy for KC ? Tim Hill is a lefty . More right handed hitters in the majors. Not that it matters that much . See Zack Britton among others. I do need saves and I'm looking for anybody that has a pulse . I lost Herrea .

i scooped him up immediately after herrera was dealt because most sites i saw had him getting the first crack at the gig...

then he pitched in the 7th a couple nights ago...lol

so who the hell knows, still gonna keep him rostered for a bit

As much as it pains me I'm half thinking I still should grab Mauer as well as McCarthy . We faab players and I have 52.00 left in my AL only league. Going to put a buck on both Mauer and McCarthy  even though Mauer blew the save last night . Its going to be one of these two.

2 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on the Hand situation with his rumored trade to Bosox?

What can we say, If the Redsox want him, they have the ammunition to get him, he has

several years of control, makes sense to me, I have also heard the Indians were interested

in him along with Britton. The only team that won't be interested is the Yankees, unless

they want to block the Sox from getting him, they use to do a lot of that, but not sure

if they'd want to do there, they have starting pitching needs to address.

• Thanks 1

Minter has been ok although Winkler just coughed up 4 runs on friday for a BS and loss so he blew his chance I think

Even with the blowup, Winkler's numbers are better than Minter

Edited by Dr. Whom
5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Minter has been ok although Winkler just coughed up 4 runs on friday for a BS and loss so he blew his chance I think

Even with the blowup, Winkler's numbers are better than Minter

I picked them both up in a league where they were both available, dropped some FAAB on Minter in the others where Winkler was already owned. 

30 minutes ago, SwayzeExpress said:

Source?

This is from CM minutes ago

" With Vizcaino out, look for Dan Winkler and AJ Minter to lead a committee, with Winkler likely getting the bulk of the cracks."

Welllll...since Closer Monkey is in charge of naming the ATL closer, I guess we should all grab Winkler then, lol.

If you haven't noticed, Closer Monkey has actually been wrong about these kind of situations several times already this year.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CAT said:

Welllll...since Closer Monkey is in charge of naming the ATL closer, I guess we should all grab Winkler then, lol.

If you haven't noticed, Closer Monkey has actually been wrong about these kind of situations several times already this year.

Hey now. At least I'm supplying a credible, educated opinion.

The Real Deal said Minter was getting the first shot. But why? Winkler got the opp on Friday. Granted, he blew the eff out of it but still says something. I'm just asking for him to back up his statement, that's all.

• Like 1

Bottom line is that nobody knows what will happen in Atlanta. Winkler blew it Friday but has been the better pitcher overall this season. Minter has been better off late but on the whole had an unimpressive season. If you can afford to get both then get both. If you can only grab one then grab one and hope for the best.If I could ONLY grab one I'd probably grab minter, and this is coming from a Winkler owner.

Just want to point out that since the beginning of May, Minter has allowed 3 walks in 17.1 innings with a K/9 ratio of 12.5. Those are great numbers, his 23 hits over that same time and the inability to limit the damage is however an issue.