smeeze

June Closer Thread 2018

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 96mnc said:

 

Hosmer was poor with the glove today.

 

The HBP was terrible but happens.  But the 0-2 pitch to Pence was the compounding of that mistake and can't happen after the hbp.

 

Not saying Hand deserved a better outcome but not sure how that is a hit by Pence. That is a routine ground ball and a potential double play ball (likely only get one because of how slowly it is hit) to call that a hit and award 2 RBI and 2 ER is marginal at best. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Barraclough continued his quietly remarkable stretch at Coors Field today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mudrummer said:

 

Not saying Hand deserved a better outcome but not sure how that is a hit by Pence. That is a routine ground ball and a potential double play ball (likely only get one because of how slowly it is hit) to call that a hit and award 2 RBI and 2 ER is marginal at best. 

 

Can't dispute that. 

 

The home town scorekeeper had THREE plays today he called hits that should have been errors.  It was ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

SIR-Crap-the-bed/anthony tonight 

 

boom roasted

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh...woke up to see SirAnthony choked hard in the closer's role. Might not have the mental makeup after this meltdown. Now we know why the phillies are a mess...nobody wants the job

Edited by Dr. Whom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Ugh...woke up to see SirAnthony choked hard in the closer's role. Might not have the mental makeup after this meltdown. Now we know why the phillies are a mess...nobody wants the job

Or maybe if Kapler wouldn’t screw around with everyone’s role every game we wouldn’t have this problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Or maybe if Kapler wouldn’t screw around with everyone’s role every game we wouldn’t have this problem!

 

Kapler isn't throwing the ball here. If you are going to blame him for when Seranthony gets stung like that you better give him credit for all the great outings he's had too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So because he failed once, Seranthony can’t do it? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 9703 said:

So because he failed once, Seranthony can’t do it? Lol

 

Let's discuss this over the next 3-4 pages or so like we always do first

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

 

Let's discuss this over the next 3-4 pages or so like we always do first

As is tradition

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheBigBambino said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on the Hand situation with his rumored trade to Bosox?

 

What rumored trade?  Someone somewhere said they thought they heard maybe that SD wanted Devers for Hand.  After we all stopped laughing nothing else was heard about such a preposterous rumor.

 

Sure Boston would like to have a Hand but not for an Arm and a Leg and a Major Body part.  You don't trade away a major young power stud of a player you will have for at the very least through free agency over a half decade away for a reliever flavor of the month.  All but elite, multi-year proven relievers pretty much have the life span of love bugs and many wilt once they get under the big lights for the first time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

What rumored trade?  Someone somewhere said they thought they heard maybe that SD wanted Devers for Hand.  After we all stopped laughing nothing else was heard about such a preposterous rumor.

 

Sure Boston would like to have a Hand but not for an Arm and a Leg and a Major Body part.  You don't trade away a major young power stud of a player you will have for at the very least through free agency over a half decade away for a reliever flavor of the month.  All but elite, multi-year proven relievers pretty much have the life span of love bugs and many wilt once they get under the big lights for the first time.

 

Boston has no real assets in the minor leagues that the Padres would want. Their farm system is arguably the worst in baseball along with the Mariners and Mets. With that in mind, what would you expect the Padres to ask for? Devers has hands of stone and has been a poor offensive player for a while now but he's still young and has some pedigree/upside so I understand why you wouldn't want to part with him for a reliever.

 

Point is, Dombrowski dug the Red Sox a major hole in terms of prospects and they're now in a situation where they won't be able to acquire any real talent without giving up young position players at the MLB level (Devers, Benintendi etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances we see a Greene trade before the deadline? Tigers are currently 8 games back from Cleveland and a whole lot more than that behind Seattle for the wild card.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is McCarthy actually worth rostering do you guys think?  Does he actually have the gig in KC?

 

i feel like he's a waste of a roster spot because he's 1) not that good 2) might be in a committee?, 3) KC never gets save opps anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LJJr said:

Is McCarthy actually worth rostering do you guys think?  Does he actually have the gig in KC?

 

i feel like he's a waste of a roster spot because he's 1) not that good 2) might be in a committee?, 3) KC never gets save opps anyway?

 

I think that all depends on how competitive your save situation is. 

 

I dont think he is that bad, yes he doesnt have the sexy K rate we all want but his GB rate approaching 62% is very solid. If he can limit the walks i think he could be serviceable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 8:52 AM, TheBigBambino said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on the Hand situation with his rumored trade to Bosox?

 

I think there's still a chance Hand is moved this deadline. Maybe not to the Sox. Maybe not for how much they're asking for initially. But I'd say 60-70% chance. I am stashing Yates in almost every league, not only because he seems to be the next in line, but because he's been awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if Hand went to the Yankees for someone like Frazier. I don't think they trust Shreve that much and besides him the only lefty is Chapman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if y'all already saw it, but Yahoo had a scoring change on Nate Jones. A hit became an error and that wiped away 4 ERs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Dunno if y'all already saw it, but Yahoo had a scoring change on Nate Jones. A hit became an error and that wiped away 4 ERs.

So how does that work if you have him in your lineup that week?  Are you hosed, or do they go back and correct it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dicka24 said:

So how does that work if you have him in your lineup that week?  Are you hosed, or do they go back and correct it?

Should change your stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Should change your stats.

Yeah for me I noticed my team ERA lowered. (Wish they did that to that turd Gsellman's ugly 5 run inning...)

 

I dunno what can be done for H2H though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.