smeeze

June Closer Thread 2018

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Should change your stats.

 

Doesn't look like that happened in my head to head league (yahoo).  I won that week anyways but lost the era category and would have won that one as well.  Could see how that would have changed things in numerous head to head leagues...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

 

Doesn't look like that happened in my head to head league (yahoo).  I won that week anyways but lost the era category and would have won that one as well.  Could see how that would have changed things in numerous head to head leagues...

In yahoo h2h, any stat changes don't happen unless they get changed during that weeks scoring period.  Once Monday hits,  that's it.  Just one of those things you have to deal with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

In yahoo h2h, any stat changes don't happen unless they get changed during that weeks scoring period.  Once Monday hits,  that's it.  Just one of those things you have to deal with

Damn that's BS.  I was assuming, like football, they would go back and change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mudrummer said:

 

Not saying Hand deserved a better outcome but not sure how that is a hit by Pence. That is a routine ground ball and a potential double play ball (likely only get one because of how slowly it is hit) to call that a hit and award 2 RBI and 2 ER is marginal at best. 

 

How is THIS a hit?

 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23898031

 

I mean, I get it that it wasn't particularly hard hit, but you can't honestly think that should have been ruled an error.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, absknicks said:

 

Boston has no real assets in the minor leagues that the Padres would want. Their farm system is arguably the worst in baseball along with the Mariners and Mets. With that in mind, what would you expect the Padres to ask for? Devers has hands of stone and has been a poor offensive player for a while now but he's still young and has some pedigree/upside so I understand why you wouldn't want to part with him for a reliever.

 

Point is, Dombrowski dug the Red Sox a major hole in terms of prospects and they're now in a situation where they won't be able to acquire any real talent without giving up young position players at the MLB level (Devers, Benintendi etc).

 

They have Jalen Beeks though God knows SD already has a ton of good SP prospects.  And they also have Blake Swihart that a couple of teams have been after and who gets next to no playing time with the Sox.  But yeah other teams have better quantities of prospects.  I just don't see any team paying the equivalent of a Devers to SD for Hand.  Period.  Way WAY too high a price.

 

And Devers is definitely a star player in the making so yeah I mean no one is going to give away one of the corner stones of their team moving forward for Hand when I say no one is going to trade their equivalent of Devers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Damn that's BS.  I was assuming, like football, they would go back and change.

Eh, it's hard to do.  Maybe those stats made one of you sit/start a guy the next day.  Changing them back doesn't give opponent a chance to react again.  There's no right answer for all the matchups out there in all the leagues on a platform.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

They have Jalen Beeks though God knows SD already has a ton of good SP prospects.  And they also have Blake Swihart that a couple of teams have been after and who gets next to no playing time with the Sox.  But yeah other teams have better quantities of prospects.  I just don't see any team paying the equivalent of a Devers to SD for Hand.  Period.  Way WAY too high a price.

 

And Devers is definitely a star player in the making so yeah I mean no one is going to give away one of the corner stones of their team moving forward for Hand when I say no one is going to trade their equivalent of Devers.

Devers is a star in the making? 

 

Will MiddleBrooks says hi.  

 

Devers could be a star, but that's far from back sure thing.  4 to 1 strikeouts to walks.  80 strikeouts so far.  He has potential but far from a certain star.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jpress82 said:

can we all agree that sergi romo is the closet for tampa bay

 

I'd like to know this as well..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Devers is a star in the making? 

 

Will MiddleBrooks says hi.  

 

Devers could be a star, but that's far from back sure thing.  4 to 1 strikeouts to walks.  80 strikeouts so far.  He has potential but far from a certain star.

Lol what a ridiculous comp. Middlebrooks hit 15 HRs as a 24 year old rookie. Devers was 20 last season as a rookie. 

That said, why don’t we keep this thread for talking closers, and you guys bring your irrational hate for all things Red Sox to the Red Sox Thread. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

 

How is THIS a hit?

 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23898031

 

I mean, I get it that it wasn't particularly hard hit, but you can't honestly think that should have been ruled an error.

There is no possible way that that hit could ever be ruled an error. At no time in the history of baseball would that play be ruled an error. Never. Also, you can not anticipate a double play. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

 

How is THIS a hit?

 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23898031

 

I mean, I get it that it wasn't particularly hard hit, but you can't honestly think that should have been ruled an error.

I think the exact opposite..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

I think the exact opposite..

 

Really?  You think that should have been an error?  He had to dive for it, and didn't even get his glove on the ball.

 

When has that ever been an error?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jpress82 said:

can we all agree that sergi romo is the closet for tampa bay

 

Rays fan here. The answer is yes AND no.

 

Yes, because he’s going to get the lion’s share of the save opportunities for the next 3 weeks or so.

 

No, because he is 100% going to be traded in about 3 weeks or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

 

Rays fan here. The answer is yes AND no.

 

Yes, because he’s going to get the lion’s share of the save opportunities for the next 3 weeks or so.

 

No, because he is 100% going to be traded in about 3 weeks or so. 

You think Alvarado will take his place after or more committee type stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

You think Alvarado will take his place after or more committee type stuff?

 

Dont do this to yourself, just let it be!  haha

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCarthy warming for seventh up one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shane greene is gonna pitch the tigers into a nice haul for him

 

Edit : instantly gives up dinger to jed lowrie my bad greene owners

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

You think Alvarado will take his place after or more committee type stuff?

 

No idea. I wouldn’t even bother with their pen TBH. They are going to be pretty bad after the fire sale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

 

No idea. I wouldn’t even bother with their pen TBH. They are going to be pretty bad after the fire sale.

 

Mediocre-to-bad club + inconsistent closer usage = situation to avoid, I'd reckon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCarthy called upon in the eighth with a man aboard - we will see whether he goes two 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

 

I don't think so. He's nothing special.

 

Yea it was an in the moment where if he got through multiple innings (1.1 which isnt much but still) after his recent string of great outings that couldve built up his short term value cause MLB teams are dumb with trading for RP's sometimes

 

that and jimenez just blew up my ratios and im wanting him to be the new closer in a month haha

Edited by kmoore1521

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.