smeeze

June Closer Thread 2018

Treinen with an ugly save. Gave up a hit and a walk. E5 launched one that's probably gone in a day game. But a save is a save. That's #21. His era is .89. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Looked impressive 

Kind of interesting as Arizona had lefty Lamb to start the inning then a couple of crappy Arizona catchers (righties).   However, Watson pitched a fairly easy 8th and could have been left in there to face Lamb himself then see what happens after.  The fact that they went lefty reliever after lefty reliever might say something here - at least how the manager views Watson and Smith up against each other. 

I am a big Will Smith guy but know he's not going to run with the closer's role now as Melancon has been doing alright and will get the first crack at it full time should he remain injury free and pitch well.  However,  I do like seein gSmith in the late inning mix as I think he's their best bullpen arm.  The fact that Watson can be their lefty out of the pen earlier works out well I think.  Smith has been very dominant this year and that extra SP eligibility in Yahoo leagues (however he was granted that I don't know) is pretty nice indeed... 

Edited by knuckleheads
  • Like 1

I’d like to issue a public apology to Blake Treinen.  In April I said this guy would blow up at some point.  As a Jeurys Familia and Brad Boxberger owner, I have a new found appreciation for Treinen.  Outside of maybe Chapman this guy has been best closer in mlb and is probably the mvp of the jumpstart A’s.  Dudes been amazing.  Never thought I’d say that.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 3

Seth Lugo is headed back to the Mets' bullpen and given how poorly their three main guys have done recently this may be the guy to watch...

Is everyone running to add Will Smith? It just seems to me there are so many people in the mix for saves in the SF pen that his value will be limited. 

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

Is everyone running to add Will Smith? It just seems to me there are so many people in the mix for saves in the SF pen that his value will be limited. 

I did not. I am holding Strickland and ignoring what is going on. SF really liked Strickland in the role, I do not think that changes when is back in 4-5 weeks

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Will Smith in for the save. 

In Newnan Geogia, born and raised.

On the ball diamond is where I spent most of his days.

Looked at my bullpen, I was finally there

To sit on his throne as the closer of San Fran.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, scottishguy said:

I did not. I am holding Strickland and ignoring what is going on. SF really liked Strickland in the role, I do not think that changes when is back in 4-5 weeks

His metrics were really slipping the whole month before the injury and was on the verge of losing it anyways. 

12 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol no one on the Cubs recorded a save during Morrow's DL stint

smh

Pretty sure they were 100% on taking off and putting on pants though.

Anyone think Will Smith will be used as the closer in SF, at least until Stricland is back ? 

He's got SP/RP in a lot of leagues which would make him really valuable if SF continues going to him for now. 

40 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Anyone think Will Smith will be used as the closer in SF, at least until Stricland is back ? 

He's got SP/RP in a lot of leagues which would make him really valuable if SF continues going to him for now. 

he will be in the mix for sure, but NOTHING is set in stone at the moment in that bullpen

• Like 3

We adding Clippard?

11 hours ago, JFS179 said:

No Tepera tonight for Toronto.  Oh still pitched the 8th with Clippard locking down the save. 

Something or nothing?

Yes there is something:

Blue Jays placed RHP Ryan Tepera on the 10-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation.

The Blue Jays turned to Tyler Clippard, not Tepera, in a save situation on Friday against the Tigers and now we know why. Clippard could be worth a short-term add in mixed leagues for those speculating on saves.                                                Jun 30 - 10:53 AM

Tepera was just place on the DL for right elbow inflammation. Clippard could be a good add right now. He's been pitching well this season and looked good last night in his save opp. 

Any chance Neshek works his way into some SVs or is Kapler set with Seranthony?

18 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Blue Jays placed RHP Ryan Tepera on the 10-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation.

Right elbow inflammation?

Buh bye

7 minutes ago, Morat said:

Any chance Neshek works his way into some SVs or is Kapler set with Seranthony?

Kapler still hasn't made it official that Seranthony is the guy though he is getting the majority of opps. He still likes to bring him in during the 8th with the heart of the lineup coming up and if he throws too many pitches he won't come back out for the 9th. It's possible Neshek gets some opps here and there but I don't think he's worth it if you're just chasing saves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Right elbow inflammation?

Buh bye

Exactly my thoughts. Clippard seems to be the guy over Oh so he could be a useful guy until Osuna comes back in August. 

Clippard must add in all leagues imo. Osuna might not be able to enter USA if found guilty.

• Like 2

Clippard gets a bad rap. Maybe it's the glasses. In any case, he's OK. You know what you're getting with him.

Hey, there's a reason he's been a major league relief pitcher for 12 years now, no?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Clippard must add in all leagues imo. Osuna might not be able to enter USA if found guilty.

He pled not guilty.  I don't think there would be a trial before the season ends.

15 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Clippard gets a bad wrap because he sucks as a closer

He's definitely no Saran-thony Dominguez.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

He's definitely no Saran-thony Dominguez.

Dadjoke.txt hahahaha!!! That is a true statement though. Dominguez is solid.