Sign in to follow this  
Backdoor Slider

Make Blockbuster keeper offer? WHIR

I’m in 1st place, dude I’m proposing trade to is in last and has bad crop of keepers. 

I’d be offering:

ARizzo

JDeGrom

ROsuna

for

Arenado

CMorton

RIglesias

We use K/BB and closers are extremely valuable. We generally have 4-5 kept each year, which would make ROsuna (23) more valuable in my league than most. I have two and could REALLY use a 3rd. 

This gives him 3 keepers for his one (granted the best one). Morton and Iglesias would not be kept for me. However, this allows me to consolidate my keepers (Mookie, Bryce, JRam, Rizzo, Bogaerts, JD Martinez), as I only had 2 spots available (keep 8 forever) for DeGrom, Paxton, WBuehler, JSoto. 

1) Does this deal help me this year, or at least neutral?

2) Does it help my keeper situation?

3) Is it enough for him to deal Arenado?

Aprreciate any thoughts and I will help any who leave a link. Thanks.

1) That does not help you. deGrom is still in a tier above Morton and while Arenado is definitely an upgrade, Rizzo is a pretty great player

2) I like the guys you consider locks + deGrom and Soto just fine

3) Yeah I'd probably take that if I were him 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/703807-2-questions-10-team-keeps-15/

• Thanks 1

Given how precarious Osuna's 2018 is though this could help OP this year though. He can't all three parts of the deal: deGrom to Morton hurts, but it's a closer for a suspended guy, and Arenado is over Rizzo, no matter how awesome Rizzo still is.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’m in 1st place, dude I’m proposing trade to is in last and has bad crop of keepers. 

I’d be offering:

ARizzo

JDeGrom

ROsuna

for

Arenado

CMorton

RIglesias

We use K/BB and closers are extremely valuable. We generally have 4-5 kept each year, which would make ROsuna (23) more valuable in my league than most. I have two and could REALLY use a 3rd. 

This gives him 3 keepers for his one (granted the best one). Morton and Iglesias would not be kept for me. However, this allows me to consolidate my keepers (Mookie, Bryce, JRam, Rizzo, Bogaerts, JD Martinez), as I only had 2 spots available (keep 8 forever) for DeGrom, Paxton, WBuehler, JSoto. 

1) Does this deal help me this year, or at least neutral?

2) Does it help my keeper situation?

3) Is it enough for him to deal Arenado?

Aprreciate any thoughts and I will help any who leave a link. Thanks.

I think this move is mutually beneficial.

I still question whether Morton can retain the current uptick velocity over the course of the entire season ( he has never been the picture of health).  I value deGrom a bit higher despite the early returns on Morton.  Morton is a better bet for wins (Houston) as long as he stays on the field, and obviously Iglesias is a contributing asset currently, while Osuna's long term outlook is still murky (even upon reinstatement).  

Rizzo was red hot in May, which is a sign of things to come in what I expect to be a second half explosion.  

Arenado is obviously the best player in the deal, thus helping your keeper situation, but its not lopsided in the least.  If your trade counterpart is on board, I think I would take the plunge and keep my fingers crossed that old Charlie can keep delivering the elite heat!

• Thanks 1

I don't see this helping you much if not neutral.  DeGrom is definitely tier above Morton (even with recent success) and Rizzo will go on a tear soon.  Arenado is clearly better player but as a whole, I don't see this deal helping you this year.  However, like you mentioned it may help your keeper situation and it may come down to how Osuna situation gets resolved. 

• Thanks 1

Appreciate all the thoughts so far. A lot of them mirror my thinking. Wondering if I offer Buehler instead of DeGrom in the deal. He’s just 23 and looks like a stud (and great in my K/BB league). I keep the older ace who helps me now, and send him the young future ace. Thoughts on this? 

FTR, my rotation currently is:

DeGrom

Paxton

Buehler

Tanaka

JA Happ

C. Smith

M. Gonzales

I don't know why the other owner would make the trade with no DeGrom? But you could try.

I would take the Arenado side, even if he refuses Walker.

Osuna might not pitch this year, or very little.

Nolan is a keeper. And it frees up room to keep Soto

• Like 1

I would hold off...DeGrom is really coming into his own and is at worst the 2nd best starter in NL.  I also think Rizzo will put up same, consistent numbers he always does, which means a hot streak is coming.

• Like 1

I'm very skeptical on Mortons ability to maintain this level of performance for the ROS & even though I normally would jump at the opportunity to get Arenado I would have to hold tight with Rizzo & DeGrom. 

• Thanks 1

I would think Beuhler, Osuna, Rizzo would be a solid starter offer....but in the end I would imagine you would have to package another prospect/pick/player in addition to get er' done.....However, for a rebuilding team this framework would seemingly be mutually advantageous.  

• Thanks 1