kidtwentytwo

Brendan McKay - SP/1b Tampa

16 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Compared to 90% of content of posts here and especially on the major league forum it serves the thread a lot.  Also the news that Yahoo may be re-considering their "clone" approach for next year is BIG breaking news.  So why pick on something that does have major effects on owners as opposed to NOT picking on "stud" and "piece of crap"posts that fill up almost every thread in these forums?

Yes we know.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5IP, 3H, 0R, 0ER, 0BB, 4K only 65 pitches.....

He looked stellar in his Triple A debut, I sense a call up real soon if he keeps this up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zerzavy said:

5IP, 3H, 0R, 0ER, 0BB, 4K only 65 pitches.....

He looked stellar in his Triple A debut, I sense a call up real soon if he keeps this up

5 IP and 65 pitches. Does that say anything? He's coming up soon!

anyone know how his eligibility will work on espn? only listed as a 1b thus far. 

assuming he'll gain P eligibility but would like to confirm...

1 minute ago, Orioles123 said:

anyone know how his eligibility will work on espn? only listed as a 1b thus far. 

assuming he'll gain P eligibility but would like to confirm...

As long as you have him in the 1B position, you will also have him whenever ESPN adds him as a pitcher.  Just like Ohtani, no BS Yahoo stuff happening on ESPN

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Def see him coming up this year ala Price rookie season with the way hes pitching

hopefully soon enough to where he can help our teams as well though, no idea when it might happen

On 5/28/2019 at 10:03 PM, Zerzavy said:

As long as you have him in the 1B position, you will also have him whenever ESPN adds him as a pitcher.  Just like Ohtani, no BS Yahoo stuff happening on ESPN

I agree with you, but won't you have to wait for him to pitch 10 games before he is awarded SP eligibility since ESPN also only has him with 1B eligibility?

Seems odd that ESPN only lists him as 1B. If anything he should only be listed as SP. They got it backwards. I doubt he hits in MLB.

30 minutes ago, Devildog83 said:

I agree with you, but won't you have to wait for him to pitch 10 games before he is awarded SP eligibility since ESPN also only has him with 1B eligibility?

ESPN would have to give him either SP or RP eligibility immediately when he's called up. If he merely has 1B eligibility, and needs 10 SPs starts to become a pitcher, he's unplayable for a month or so.

I'm hoping he'll be a SP, but the Rays might call him up to be a Yonny Chirinos/Jalen Beeks type and then ESPN might give him only RP/1B eligibility. Here's to hoping he's awarded SP first, so he can be 1B/SP/RP (assuming the bulk role...which I feel is likely)

39 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

ESPN would have to give him either SP or RP eligibility immediately when he's called up. If he merely has 1B eligibility, and needs 10 SPs starts to become a pitcher, he's unplayable for a month or so.

I'm hoping he'll be a SP, but the Rays might call him up to be a Yonny Chirinos/Jalen Beeks type and then ESPN might give him only RP/1B eligibility. Here's to hoping he's awarded SP first, so he can be 1B/SP/RP (assuming the bulk role...which I feel is likely)

Pitching eligibility is a bit different for ESPN. 3 starts or 5 relief appearances to gain same season eligibility, 5 and 8 for it to carry over. Their FAQ says they may also add SP/RP eligibility manually in cases where value will change drastically by doing so (which they don't do for position players). They are talking about adding SP/RP when a role switches, but the value consideration would apply here. I would hope they take care of it before it becomes an issue, but who knows with ESPN.

Here is the link: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000093592-Position-Eligiblity-

• Like 1

I decided now is the time to add. Both platforms (ESPN & fleaflicker) have McKay as 1B ... once he gets the call and is scheduled to pitch I sure hope I can use him in my pitching slot. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2019 at 8:03 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

I am not sure you are actually familiar with Jim Bowden? :)

So if and when he gets the call chances are he's a bullpen arm or a SP? What type of comps are we talking here?

Edited by OrangeCrush

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

So if and when he gets the call chances are he's a bullpen arm or a SP? What type of comps are we talking here?

Barry Zito maybe. Likely reliever.

Edited by B&F

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, B&F said:

Barry Zito maybe. Likely reliever.

uh what? you gotta be talking innings pitched once called up right

Edited by kmoore1521

fyi: per Guy Lake on twitter---Yahoo has adding him as a SP 'in the pipeline', but they'll be following the Ohtani model..just a heads up.

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

uh what? you gotta be talking innings pitched once called up right

Starter for sure long term.  Reliever this season probably.  

40 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

fyi: per Guy Lake on twitter---Yahoo has adding him as a SP 'in the pipeline', but they'll be following the Ohtani model..just a heads up.

Do you have a link? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Dark One said:

Do you have a link? Thanks.

word for word, as I posted, from twitter exchange from him --- won't happen this weekend, he said...'in the pipeline'...one SP, version one 1B version

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

word for word, as I posted, from twitter exchange from him --- won't happen this weekend, he said...'in the pipeline'...one SP, version one 1B version

Thanks, this was all I could find in public (from "AH" in Yahoo's Fantasy Customer Care Unit):

So, it wasn't 100% confirmed, but I guess your "in the pipeline" response more or less is confirmation. Frustrating that they can't just create a pitcher profile for him and add him, seems so easy to do. Hopefully it won't come after his call up (assuming that happens).

• Like 1

How they don't have this figured out and implemented correctly by now, I simply don't understand.

He's one player with dual eligibility at 1B/SP, fix your platforms to get it right. 

Should have been done last year in dealing with Ohtani.

Why would they bring him up to be a reliever, they have enough of those, they only have 2 starters right now, they could really use another one

9 hours ago, Asprilla said:

The HR was by none other than Joey freakin’ Rickard, Rays organization killer.

1 minute ago, WaKe21334 said:

I don't know if this is the spot for it but I play on a yahoo roto league, and we have an NA spot. McKay is available right now for pickup but I notice he is only listed at 1b. Will this be treated like the Ohtani situation where he becomes 2 people in their data base (McKay the 1b and then McKay the pitcher)? I am in desperate need for SP right now with injuries and he could be a huge get for me but I don't want to just stash the 1b McKay and find out I am going to have to wait and add the pitcher one as well and possibly miss out on him.

Take a look about 4 posts up.  It has been discussed multiple times between the last 2 pages.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

5IP, 3H, 2BB, 1ER, 4 K’s. 

First 2 hitters got on, got out of it giving up only 1 run with 2nd and 3rd nobody out. Only gave up 2 hits in the next 4 frames. Shows tremendous maturity to keep his composure and get out of the first and go on to have the game he did. 

Should be soon. He’s gonna be special. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 1