Rotoworld.com Forums

Rendon for Pivetta WHIR

18 team keep 24 players as long as you want no salary. 

My lineup is 

C - Gary Sanchez

1B - Freddie Freeman

2B - Jose Ramirez

3B - Manny Machado

SS - Carlos Correa

LF - Marcell Ozuna

CF - Lorzeno Cain

RF - Mookie Betts

UTIL (1) - one of Schwarber/Marte/Belt/Marwin Gonzalez/Hanley Ramirez/Adam Eaton

My SP

Madison Bumgarner

Alex Wood

Lance McCullers

Nick Kingham

Chase Anderson

Zack Godley

Freddy Peralta

I do have Taijuan Walker and Alex Meyer on the DL, they'll be no help this year. 

I obviously need the SP help badly. While I love Rendon, he's not a guy I think my lineup will miss given we only play 1 util bat and I have a hanful of very solid options there. SP is very hard to acquire in an 18 teamer, and I do think Pivetta is on the upswing. 

1 hour ago, jbj said:

Flipping Rendon is a feasible idea, but you could get a much better pitcher than Pivetta for him.

I have been turned down for Joe musgrove, Eduardo Rodriguez, Charlie Morton, Jack flaherty, etc. Pitching is incredibly hard to trade for in this league. I do agree with you in theory though. 

2 hours ago, jbj said:

Flipping Rendon is a feasible idea, but you could get a much better pitcher than Pivetta for him.

I agree 100% with this comment.  I would also try and flip Rendon, but get someone better.

• Like 1

Yes Rendon is worth way more than Pivetta the problem selling him is that you won't be able to get full value because he's not having a good season. Maybe sell someone else, but definitely target someone better for Rendon

16 hours ago, yeah!magnets! said:

I have Pivetta and if someone offered me Rendon for him I'd laugh all the way to the bank

I agree, see above for the offers that have been shot down. Joe musgrove, Eduardo Rodriguez, Charlie Morton, Jack flaherty, etc. Pitching is incredibly hard to trade for in this league.

16 hours ago, jbj said:

Thanks, I agree, but I need an SP badly and no one is willing to move one. It's unfortunate. 

11 hours ago, Brewcrew85 said:

I think you can afford to trade rendon with taht roster but you can definitely get a better pitcher in return. 

Yeah, it sucks to have to move Rendon for that, but any of my other "util" bats won't get Pivetta or better. Pretty interesting how much value SP's have in an 18 team league where you have to have 7-8+ SP to meet your innings minimum every week. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Pivetta is on the upswing but Rendon is worth more than that.  I'd hold.

Thanks. Wish I had the luxary of holding for a better deal. I took it out of necessity. 

1 minute ago, jeffr913 said:

Yes Rendon is worth way more than Pivetta the problem selling him is that you won't be able to get full value because he's not having a good season. Maybe sell someone else, but definitely target someone better for Rendon

I think this is part of the problem. The other part is league dynamic : Pitching is scarce (no one will give up pitching), and the teams that have the pitching depth don't need a 3B (one team does, but is unusually difficult to deal with). 

Thanks all, I ended up taking it. I had to have another arm. I lose the trade in a vacuum, for sure, but it helps my team still. Plus, Pivetta has so interesting upside, so it was worth a gamble. Even if he falls on his face, my offense doesn't really miss a beat. Worth a gamble, I guess. I more or less asked to verify I was on point with the evaluation of the trade (not valuing one guy too low or too high). It looks like I'm a bit higher on Pivetta than many here, but given my other options of SP's I could do a 1 for 1 swap for (Tyler Skaggs, Joey Lucchessi, Michael Fulmer, Dallas Keuchel for example) I'd just as well gamble on Pivetta. He's been as good as any this year, is still really young, etc. 

Thanks for the help, all. Good luck in your leagues. 

• Like 2

I think it's a fair deal. I like Pivetta. His FIP is good.

Take out Rendons career year last year, and he's a .270/20/70 guy.

Pivetta has more risk, due to a smaller track record.

But Nicks 3 years younger.

I would be glad you got Pivetta, over Musgrove or ERod.