FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, gus030 said:

2018 Geronimo Allison = 2015 Devante Adams

If u mean Adams' down year...

The only reason he was a 2015 bust was a high ankle sprain in Week 1

Listening to podcast after podcast this summer, I kept finding that Allison and Anthony Miller were being compared in the same tier all summer. Who has the better season of the two? Both are ranked very close in all consensus rankings and both are upside guys who are normally sitting on the wire. They both play tomorrow night. Who is the one you’ll be rushing to on Monday?

1 hour ago, mdw5048 said:

Listening to podcast after podcast this summer, I kept finding that Allison and Anthony Miller were being compared in the same tier all summer. Who has the better season of the two? Both are ranked very close in all consensus rankings and both are upside guys who are normally sitting on the wire. They both play tomorrow night. Who is the one you’ll be rushing to on Monday?

Miller is a much bigger talent but you don’t need that much if Rodgers trusts you. Allison higher floor Miller higher upside.

Edited by Magoo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

Allison higher floor and upside. Both players are the same age, btw. 

For those people saying Cobb was done I think they were wrong on that one but once again a rod can support 3 wr and still have room to support a top 10 te but I think jimmy graham was way ovrerpriced in drafts while cobb and geronimo values were way underpriced. I hate not owning more allison and cobb shares. 

6 hours ago, ilovepelas said:

For those people saying Cobb was done I think they were wrong on that one but once again a rod can support 3 wr and still have room to support a top 10 te but I think jimmy graham was way ovrerpriced in drafts while cobb and geronimo values were way underpriced. I hate not owning more allison and cobb shares. 

I have a lot of Allison and no Cobb; not regretting it. Even in Cobb's best game in 3 years, Allison still got 8 targets. 

If anything, this game has raised Cobb's trade value. Loving getting Allison cheap in redraft and dynasty. 

• Like 2

Davante Adams (undisclosed) did not practice Wednesday.

Adams' injury has yet to be disclosed to the media, but it will be known on the injury report once practice is complete Wednesday. We'll provide a further update. This is obviously a situation to monitor this afternoon.

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

Davante Adams (undisclosed) did not practice Wednesday.

Adams' injury has yet to be disclosed to the media, but it will be known on the injury report once practice is complete Wednesday. We'll provide a further update. This is obviously a situation to monitor this afternoon.

No reason has been given as to why, but more should be known later today. Adams appeared to suffer a minor injury at one point on Sunday night, but he stayed in the game and played well. He has a tough matchup in Week 2 versus Minnesota.

from fantasy pros

2 minutes ago, affliction said:

Adams was drawing Rhodes all game anyway. Just rest him.

If that logic would used every week those teams would lose more often. If he can go he would open things up for Cobb and Allison by doing exactly what u said. 

2 minutes ago, aadam said:

If that logic would used every week those teams would lose more often. If he can go he would open things up for Cobb and Allison by doing exactly what u said. 

I dont own them man. This is a fantasy football topic about Davante not a real game planning football board.

If Adams sits this week, how confident are we in Geronimo?  Opportunity is IMMENSE, but match up is not.  

9 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

If Adams sits this week, how confident are we in Geronimo?  Opportunity is IMMENSE, but match up is not.  

I think that there will be very very few teams sitting Allison if Adams sits and Rodgers plays. You would need to be beyond stacked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

I think that there will be very very few teams sitting Allison if Adams sits and Rodgers plays. You would need to be beyond stacked.

Agree - Minny has a good defense, but it's in GB and it's not like Rodgers is gonna turn into Stafford over night.

32 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Think Adam's plays tbh...still something to keep an eye on though

Agreed.

Its Wednesday. This is the day EVERYONE sits due to “injury.” It’s a veteran day of rest. Adams will be back at practice tomorrow.

Still interested to see how Geronimo performs this weekend.

• Like 2

The latest is Arod unsure of his availability this week.  Allison is a definite sit if Rogers is out.

• Like 1

Then it might be a golden opportunity to snatch him for nothing off waivers (if still there).

I think he is worth the stash. The kid is one Adams/Cobb injury away from WR2 territory if you ask me. I'm actually considering dropping A.Miller for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank91 said:

Then it might be a golden opportunity to snatch him for nothing off waivers (if still there).

I think he is worth the stash. The kid is one Adams/Cobb injury away from WR2 territory if you ask me. I'm actually considering dropping A.Miller for him.

I did that same thing a few days ago.    Allison needs to be owned and both the WRs ahead of him are injury risks.   

• Like 1

isn't Allison more of a vertical threat?  against MIN, with Rodgers limited mobility against a strong front 7, i can't help but feel this is a game for the guys who run the short routes and screens

2 hours ago, Frank91 said:

Considering? That should have been done long ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1