Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

I said 7-10 and he has 6-8 which is 7 average.  Stop crying about Cobb,  & take your tears to his thread.

“You’re just now seeing that?” Packers safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix said with surprise in his voice. “I’m telling him you said that. Nah, but G-Mo is a hell of a player. It’s his work ethic. I don’t think anybody can touch his work ethic and that’s down to special teams and the snaps he gets on offense. He’s a guy who doesn’t take any day for granted. He cherishes every day he walks into the building and you can see it in him every time he comes in here. He’s a different breed.

“G-Mo, I’ve always had a lot of confidence in him,” Rodgers said. “He’s a great teammate, he has a great professional work ethic, he’s prepared, he knows the offense really well, and that’s the starting point of any type of trust is the mental part. So I expect him to be in the right spot and to run the routes the right way and if he’s open, he’ll get the ball.”

Source

Gimme some more...

Anyone concerned that they have this guy in on special teams duties? His involvement there makes me leery about just how important he is to their offensive scheme. How many WR2s are out there on punt block formations?

Just now, AnchorDown said:

Anyone concerned that they have this guy in on special teams duties? His involvement there makes me leery about just how important he is to their offensive scheme. How many WR2s are out there on punt block formations?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either.  McCarthy does a lot of head-scratching moves that inevitably make things difficult.  Let's hope Allison has a day that makes him see how valuable he can be

6 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Anyone concerned that they have this guy in on special teams duties? 

Not really, what it tells me is the coaching staff recognize his athletic abilities.  I don't believe he's returning kicks or punts, agree that that would be more concerning.

Randall Cobb is the punt returner, so I don't Allison playing special teams doesn't matter fact is he had 2 good games in a row and as long as Rodgers can play on one leg he is WR3 or flex worthy.

1 minute ago, mortman212 said:

Randall Cobb is the punt returner, so I don't Allison playing special teams doesn't matter fact is he had 2 good games in a row and as long as Rodgers can play on one leg he is WR3 or flex worthy.

Yeah I don't think this is anything new. Some teams try not to use their good offensive/defensive players on special teams. I think McCarthy is one of the coaches that always just uses his best special teams players on special teams.

A lot of writers are saying Allison is a sleeper because Davante Adams will draw Josh Norman. But Norman will cover Allison, right? I thought Norman sticks to one side of the field.

5 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

A lot of writers are saying Allison is a sleeper because Davante Adams will draw Josh Norman. But Norman will cover Allison, right? I thought Norman sticks to one side of the field.

Yeah he does stick to one side, I thought Carolina at least had him shadow?

Really impressed with Allison so far.  Producing on his own and if Cobb or Adams miss any time he's pretty much a must start.  

1 minute ago, Krustyburger said:

Guys a star

2 catches = STAR

4 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

Look beyond the box score

4 Targets!

WR1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

2 catches = STAR

Only on pace for 10 TDs. No big deal.

The next fantasy relevant receivwe im Rodgers WR machine.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

4 Targets!

WR1

Thats the only concern: 8 -> 6 -> 4 targets from wks 1-3. But definitely producing. Glad I started him in multiple leagues today. Well on pace to be a season-long top-30 WR. 

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Thats the only concern: 8 -> 6 -> 4 targets from wks 1-3. But definitely producing. Glad I started him in multiple leagues today. Well on pace to be a season-long top-30 WR. 

Agreed...I love his game and name. Just don't think he is a star in this league yet.

The nitpicking negative nancys are so funny. C'mon. We grabbed this guy off free agents.

He is making a name for himself and produces whenever his number is called, including starting for Cobb Week 3 2017 (6 Rec, 122 Yards and clutch play in OT) and blocking a FG last week. Also a key TD in that comeback vs the Bears.

Geronimo can run the whole route tree and Aaron trusts him, including he knows how to get open when Aaron scrambles/improvises. His teammates, including Aaron, rave about his work ethic. He is still underrated by opposing defenses, but not for long.

He is on pace for 10 TD and demonstrating a similar "changing of the guard" over Cobb like we've seen happen in the GB WR hierarchy in past years. Also, the added bonus if Devante or Cobb miss any games, this guy is a must-start.

Complaining about targets is irrelevant at the point in time.

Great bye week filler with stand alone value. If Cobb gets hurt, must start WR3

1 minute ago, GriffeySwag said:

Great bye week filler with stand alone value. If Cobb gets hurt, must start WR3

Cobb is playing like doodoo. Allison could start to see more and more targets because he is producing.

8 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Cobb is playing like doodoo. Allison could start to see more and more targets because he is producing.

Cobb was terrible today. Allison just keeps producing whenever Rodgers looks at him. It won’t be long until he’s getting 8-10 targets a game

this guy is awesome but the value isn't there until one of the other guys gets hurt.. he's prolly a decent flex in a 12+ teamer