FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

I would gladly trade larry fitzgerald for allison in any league if someone would be dumb enough to hand me allison for fitzgerald. The only thing I worry about is what would happen is if arod went down for the year. Then I feel geronimo would be jordyed by kizer. 

• Like 1

That bomb from A-Rod saved us from an otherwise pedestrian day (only 1 catch besides that). I was too busy having a stroke watching Saints @ Falcons, for those that watched the game was it just the Redskins defense giving Rodgers problems all day? Was Allison just not getting open? 

12 minutes ago, Breesus said:

That bomb from A-Rod saved us from an otherwise pedestrian day (only 1 catch besides that). I was too busy having a stroke watching Saints @ Falcons, for those that watched the game was it just the Redskins defense giving Rodgers problems all day? Was Allison just not getting open? 

Allison was usually lined up with Josh Norman so Rodgers ignored his side most of the game. With the rain & his knee injury they kept to mostly quicker developing plays but Cobb was an epic fail & killed a couple drives

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Allison was usually lined up with Josh Norman so Rodgers ignored his side most of the game. With the rain & his knee injury they kept to mostly quicker developing plays but Cobb was an epic fail & killed a couple drives

Ah ok thanks for the input, I guess its a positive sign Norman was on Allison a lot & Cobb sucked with his chances. Better days to come and he still had 70 & 1 TD ;)

He should be good right?  He has basically taken Jordy's spot in the lineup and we know Jordy was a monster.  Not saying he's going to do the same but even 75% of what Jordy used to do in this offense is going to be solid.  Cobb stinking can only help him.  I'm going to leave Geronimo in my lineup until further notice.

• Like 1

We may be looking at a James Jones 2012 type season. Jones went 64-784-14 that year. So far, Allison is on pace for 69-1114-11. He's creating all sorts of room out there, averaging 2.11 yards of separation per target (6th in the league). He really could start humming if he's able to steal additional work from Randall Cobb.

• Like 4

Great start to the season. I'm beginning to believe Allison is a sell high candidate. After watching Rodgers gimp around Washington, he's gonna have to miss a few games if the Packers are serious about making a super bowl run. When that happens, Allison becomes a WR9. Rodgers injuring is knee again and making it worse is also a plausible possibility. Get what you can, play it safe, get out. His targets have dropped in each game. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomisTerrific said:

Great start to the season. I'm beginning to believe Allison is a sell high candidate. After watching Rodgers gimp around Washington, he's gonna have to miss a few games if the Packers are serious about making a super bowl run. When that happens, Allison becomes a WR9. Rodgers injuring is knee again and making it worse is also a plausible possibility. Get what you can, play it safe, get out. His targets have dropped in each game. 

Selling would be a mistake. It was raining during the entire game in Washington so the game plan was shorter drops & routes. Allison also had Norman on him most of the time. Rodgers has a bad sprain from everything I’ve heard & they’re resting him during the week. He also took of on a couple surprising scrambles so he’s gonna keep getting better. Allison’s got skills & the trust of Rodgers so he’s gonna eat this year. Be patient 

• Like 2

LOVE Allison this week at home against Buffalo.  Huge home favorite typically means lots of RB work, but surprisingly Buffalo ranks 5th in rush defense.  Flacco dropped 236 and 3 against them, and Rivers also had 256 and 3.  Last week was a massive fluke against the Vikings, but Cousins still had 296 and a TD.  I expect Rodgers to have a nice day, and Allison should benefit.  

3 hours ago, TomisTerrific said:

If Rodgers is playing now, why would he not play later? That doesn't make sense. His value isn't worth enough right now to sell. Might as well keep him and use him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

LOVE Allison this week at home against Buffalo.  Huge home favorite typically means lots of RB work, but surprisingly Buffalo ranks 5th in rush defense.  Flacco dropped 236 and 3 against them, and Rivers also had 256 and 3.  Last week was a massive fluke against the Vikings, but Cousins still had 296 and a TD.  I expect Rodgers to have a nice day, and Allison should benefit.  

Oddly enough I believe this game will be closer than most expect. Their head coach took over defensive duties and they have looked a lot better. I also love Allison this week at home but I think Buffalo will compete which will help Allison as the passing game will be going into the 4th if that’s the case.

2 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Selling would be a mistake. It was raining during the entire game in Washington so the game plan was shorter drops & routes. Allison also had Norman on him most of the time. Rodgers has a bad sprain from everything I’ve heard & they’re resting him during the week. He also took of on a couple surprising scrambles so he’s gonna keep getting better. Allison’s got skills & the trust of Rodgers so he’s gonna eat this year. Be patient 

Nope. History is our best friend here. He is the next productive WR in the Rodgers/Packers WR machine. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Don't look at "Team is X in rush Defense" through 3 weeks.  Far too small a sample.  The Vikings handed the ball off FOUR times last week against the Bills because of game flow.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TomisTerrific said:

This is why I sold Adams Rodgers looks like missing time. But who knows he’s a tough sob 

Allison was an easy target imo, just based on the recent history of how the Packer wr machine works.  Adams worked his way up the depth chart as well.  On top of that, how many years have we picked up random packers receivers after a starter gets injured?   Allison is already solid where he is, but if there's an injury to say Cobb, there's alot of upside there.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeflavaz said:

Allison was an easy target imo, just based on the recent history of how the Packer wr machine works.  Adams worked his way up the depth chart as well.  On top of that, how many years have we picked up random packers receivers after a starter gets injured?   Allison is already solid where he is, but if there's an injury to say Cobb, there's alot of upside there.  

I'm not sure he even needs a Cobb injury to overtake him in targets. Cobb has played terribly to the point where they can't continue to keep him as an important point of the offense. Let's not forget that he was the subject of preseason rumors that he would be a late cut from the roster. ARod throws to the guys he trusts, and right now Allison is doing all the right things while Cobb literally sabotages games with his opportunities. This is a 1-1-1 football team and they are looking for a spark on offense. Geronimo is tearing it up all over the field with his opportunities. Not crazy to think that Cobb takes more of a backseat notwithstanding injury given the circumstances. 

That being said, as has often been mentioned both Adams and especially Cobb are injury concerns--that's basically the cherry on top for me. I still have a tough time starting him given the lack of targets but he's shaping up to be the type of guy you never feel great about starting but you always wonder why you didn't do so after he gives you 15 week in and week out.

Edited by AnchorDown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

Geronimo avg 13 air yards per target. Adams and cobb both at 8...

G-Mo is the deep threat

Jordy. 

• Like 1

He's your flex play. Very simple. Unless you didn't draft WR1 and a WR2 with other WR's in the wings.  Easy people. Only way it's hard is if your 10 teams or lower. If 10 team and lower your freaking out about your WR's then we have to rethink draft strategy. It's easy. 10 team awesome bench. 12 team he should have been drafted and still be rostered.,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

He's your flex play. Very simple. Unless you didn't draft WR1 and a WR2 with other WR's in the wings.  Easy people. Only way it's hard is if your 10 teams or lower. If 10 team and lower your freaking out about your WR's then we have to rethink draft strategy. It's easy. 10 team awesome bench. 12 team he should have been drafted and still be rostered.,

Hasn't cracked my starting lineup yet. Not enough targets. I have both Cobb and Geronimo, and felt good to dump Cobb this morning.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Hasn't cracked my starting lineup yet. Not enough targets. I have both Cobb and Geronimo, and felt good to dump Cobb this morning.

This guy gets it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s still available in on of my leagues. I just have not had room to get him yet since I’ve bern dealing with Injuries at other positions. 

If another WR were to get hurt Allison is immediate WR2 zone. Assuming Rogers is on the field.