FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

24 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

This guy gets it. 

I see your GB avatar. And I like that you have Geronimo > Cobb. 

• Thanks 1

I acquired Allison. He has a lot more upside than Cobb. He has the size and big play making ability going for him. 

• Like 1

Cobb pops up on the injury report today with a hamstring injury.  Way to early speculation but is this guy a must start if Cobb sits?

Just now, mdbomb said:

Cobb pops up on the injury report today with a hamstring injury.  Way to early speculation but is this guy a must start if Cobb sits?

It's been mentioned before, but this is exactly what makes Allison so appealing. He's a solid WR3 with everyone healthy, if Adams or Cobb get hurt he's a high-end WR2. He's one of the very few receivers who you could almost consider a handcuff.

16 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Allison is a rock hard WR2 ROS with WR1 upside. 

Right on.  With Cobb already nursing a hamstring injury, Geronimo is poised for a real boner of a season.  He'll be erecting so many points for your team.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

Right on.  With Cobb already nursing a hamstring injury, Geronimo is poised for a real boner of a season.  He'll be erecting so many points for your team.

I can see him rocketing into a WR1 territory if he continues to explode like he is. All in all, I think he's capable of penetrating the goal line and scoring a lot of touchdowns this season. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Slow down guys, he still barely gets enough targets and D Adams is still the man there. I agree there is a lot of upsides but until Cobb is completely out of the picture Allision is still a boom or bust 

Edited by Digitalpower35

So far this season he's been pretty much boom or Boom. I'm waiting for BOOM next! haha

Edited by Red Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also believe if Cobb were to miss time, Allison and Graham would pick up a few more targets, with the rest going to the fill in.

Speaking of Cobb missing time he was added to the injury report today with a hamstring injury. Too early to tell how serious but Geronimo an easy start if he misses time. 

Randall Cobb (hamstring) was added to the Packers' injury report, getting in a limited practice on Thursday.
We don't know the whole story but it sure sounds like Cobb injured himself during Thursday's practice, which isn't a good sign. An absence Friday would likely put him on the wrong side of questionable for Sunday's matchup with Buffalo. Cobb erupted for a career-high 142 yards in an opening-week win over the Bears but has done little since, managing a mere 52 yards on eight catches over his last two outings. Sep 27 - 4:38 PM

More like high-end WR3 or low-end WR2.

People are getting waaaayyy too ahead of themselves

Edited by fingy

2 minutes ago, fingy said:

More like high-end WR3 or low-end WR2.

People are getting waaaayyy too ahead of themselves

Yea if Cobb went down, I'd say he would be rock solid WR2.. especially in standard. Needs a few more looks per game, but he's an exciting guy to see how it unfolds. Visions of james jones dancing in my head

He should be owned in all but 8 team leagues. He's the biggest WR they have. He's not drawing the best cornerback most times. Rodgers loves to air the ball out. One injury to cobb or adams will send him into high end WR2 to low end WR1. Why would you not own him. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

Not to mention people are so obsessed with targets. Would you rather get 9 targets from Bortles/flacco or 5 from rodgers? I mean I don't know. 5 quality targets or 9 mediocre ones? Sometimes you can't just look at one thing. So far from what I have found he has 18 targets so far. Thats 6 a game average. 

Edited by StevenSC400

6 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Not to mention people are so obsessed with targets. Would you rather get 9 targets from Bortles/flacco or 5 from rodgers? I mean I don't know. 5 quality targets or 9 mediocre ones? Sometimes you can't just look at one thing. So far from what I have found he has 18 targets so far. Thats 6 a game average. 

That's my counter to the volume is the only thing that matters in fantasy crowd. . .situation determines the quality of that volume.   Which would you prefer, 5 targets from the best QB in the game of 10targets from the worst,  i.e. 5 targets from Rodgers or 10 targets from Kizer? Are 10 targets in the Bills offense run by Allen more valuable than 5 targets in a rodgers offense?

7 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

As the owner of both Michael Crabtree and Geronimo Allison, I can tell you I definitely prefer the 5 from Rodgers.  I also own Corey Davis so my team is loaded with target hog bums.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

He should be owned in all but 8 team leagues. He's the biggest WR they have. He's not drawing the best cornerback most times. Rodgers loves to air the ball out. One injury to cobb or adams will send him into high end WR2 to low end WR1. Why would you not own him. 

I own him and Adams lol