FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Ohh yeah 

Cobb was going to get hurt sooner or later.

Reading the tea leaves, this is the guy to own after Adams. Cobb is just not the same player he was a few years ago. Rodgers still trusts him, but he’s not making the same type of plays in space. I wouldn’t be shocked if Allison rather quickly becomes the second guy and leaves Cobb to basically third down and 3 receiver sets.

3 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

I own him and Adams lol

I own both also and started both last week and that worked out pretty well. I was going to bench him this week but if Cobb doesn't play I may fire both of them up again.

2 hours ago, FuzyLucker said:

If Cobb is out wouldn't TyMont be the short/slot option therefore won't necessary bump up the targets for Allison?

Cobb had 11 targets last week.  TyMont isn't going to get 11 targets.

18 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Cobb had 11 targets last week.  TyMont isn't going to get 11 targets.

Not to start an argument here but ur statement helps no one. 

Packers wk 3 Ty had 7 tgts, is it so unreasonable that half of 11 tgts goes to Ty if Cobb sits? Obviously this wk they r playing Buf @ home so it's also reasonable to expect the packers won't be trailing but then again no one expect Buf to beat the Min so bad either. I think most ppl here r expecting some kind of analysis whether it's good or bad but it's like u aren't even trying. Again, I'm just looking for some insights that's all

Edited by FuzyLucker

5 minutes ago, FuzyLucker said:

Not to start an argument here but ur statement helps no one. 

Packers wk 3 Ty had 7 tgts, is it so unreasonable that half of 11 tgts goes to Ty if Cobb sits? Obviously this wk they r playing Buf @ home so it's also reasonable to expect the packers won't be trailing but then again no one expect Buf to beat the Min so bad either. I think most ppl here r expecting some kind of analysis whether it's good or bad but it's like u aren't even trying. Again, I'm just looking for some insights that's all

The point was simple.  Cobb is a target hog.  His targets have to go elsewhere, and it's doubtful Ty will get them all.  They may all go to other players and Allison may not get any, but odds are that Allison will pick up at least a few of those targets.

• Like 1

Id love to see one game of GA usage with Cobb OUT before I rush to plug him in over some other higher ranked dudes.  

I imagine Cobb ( if hes actually injured ) won't miss just the 1 game so it's prob not a bad idea to wait and see here.

GA is a bonafide solid WR3 tho if you were already rolling with him and no Cobb makes him juicier !

37 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Id love to see one game of GA usage with Cobb OUT before I rush to plug him in over some other higher ranked dudes.  

I imagine Cobb ( if hes actually injured ) won't miss just the 1 game so it's prob not a bad idea to wait and see here.

GA is a bonafide solid WR3 tho if you were already rolling with him and no Cobb makes him juicier !

Opens up around 8-10 targets if Cobb sits

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Opens up around 8-10 targets if Cobb sits

And the majority of those will go to Allison and Graham.  

Good news.  Fire Allison up.  Per Silva, Allison likely to play slot role.  With Cobb out, Allison will likely have near 100% snap count.

@Michael_Cohen13

#Packers WR Randall Cobb (hamstring) didn’t practice today. He was added to the injury report Thursday and remains questionable for tomorrow’s game against the #Bills.

12:27 PM - 29 Sep 2018

Edited by mkilla
  • Like 1

Packers do full practice and run through on Saturdays and no Cobb. If he's out, Allison will be in the slot.

#ItsHappening

Edited by austin316
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Anyone think he’s playable along side Adams?

Hmmm good question. depends on your other options

10 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Anyone think he’s playable along side Adams?

I added him just for that very reason, 2 GB wr's should get you 40+ fantasy points if rodgers has an average passing day

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I added him just for that very reason, 2 GB wr's should get you 40+ fantasy points if rodgers has an average passing day

That would be awesome. I added him for flex potential and Adams insurance. I’m very close to rolling them both out tomorrow. 

• Like 1

If Allison balls out tomorrow, what is his realistic trade value? What could he fetch you if you dealt him to a WR strapped team? Dudes like Boyd are getting all this hype but Allison isn’t getting nearly the love and credit he deserves. People are dismissing him like he’s just a bench stash.

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I would rather have him stay outside, hopefully that’s where he stays if Cobb is out

No.

4 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

If Allison balls out tomorrow, what is his realistic trade value? What could he fetch you if you dealt him to a WR strapped team? Dudes like Boyd are getting all this hype but Allison isn’t getting nearly the love and credit he deserves. People are dismissing him like he’s just a bench stash.

It's because we are ahead of the trends my  man. I don't plan to trade him. you got him for free.

• Like 4