FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

I'miss not planning on using him this week, the week to week forecast is a bit ominous.

Did anyone see the hit? I don’t recall much of a concussion history for GA so he must’ve gotten cracked pretty good to still be in protocol

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

Did anyone see the hit? I don’t recall much of a concussion history for GA so he must’ve gotten cracked pretty good to still be in protocol

He dropped a pass trying to turn before catching the ball and got lit up

4 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Djax wasnt cleared til Saturday when he got his concussion earlier this year.

Typically it takes til Saturday to get cleared unless its very minor and not actually a concussion.  Players get put into the protocol even when they dont actually suffer a real concussion.  Thats when you see them back at practice rather quickly. 

Edited by Zak0221

I'd be surprised if he doesn't cleared.  He didn't even really get hit in the head - looked more like a whiplash hit.  Doesn't seem to have a history of concussions either.

4 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Adams partially practiced yesterday. He should play.

Limited wednesday, out Thursday.  More often than not trending in that direction means he won't be playing.  

It's possible he does play but I wouldn't even consider it close to a forgon conclusion.

1 hour ago, cheezor42 said:

if he play this week and Adams/Cobb are out, he's a must start right?

i'd say he is a must start regardless of the status of Adams and Cobb, he has shown to be a vital part of the passing attack already

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

if he play this week and Adams/Cobb are out, he's a must start right?

Consistent weekly rb2 points. Don't look at his ranking/total points or avg points which can be misleading if a guy has 1 game for 40pts; look at his actual weekly production. 

You won't have many flex slots outscore him game to game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Adams partially practiced yesterday. He should play.

He got hurt during practice, which is why he didn't practice today. 

"Coach Mike McCarthy said there's "hope" Geronimo Allison (concussion) will be cleared for Week 5 against the Lions.

Allison remains in the protocol, but the Packers have another 24 hours or so to get him cleared. We should know more by Saturday afternoon. Randall Cobb (hamstring) is already out. Davante Adams (calf) will practice on Saturday."

Looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see how this plays out. Hopefully he can go as it seems like Adams isn't 100% and Cobb has already been ruled out.
  • Thanks 1

I'm not super confident that he will clear protocol and play.  But if he does, this is a dream matchup (assuming Adams does play as well).

Adams will have Slay which means Rodgers will generally be avoiding him.  The Lions #2 CB is Nevin Lawson, who Allison should be able to dominate, and Rodgers knows this.  Wild card would be Lions DB Quandre Diggs who is a great player and plays both S and CB, and actually could check Allison, but also fractured his hand this week.  Add to the fact the Packers defense stinks, and DET/GB is always a shootout, and this is a great outlook for our friend Geronimo.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 2

If Allison is ruled out, start Ty Montgomery in all formats and thank me later. With Adams banged up and Cobb ruled out + G-Mo out, Montgomery would most likely be the most heavily targeted Pack "receiver."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

If Allison is ruled out, start Ty Montgomery in all formats and thank me later. With Adams banged up and Cobb ruled out + G-Mo out, Montgomery would most likely be the most heavily targeted Pack "receiver."

Picked him up as an FA and will start over Royce Freeman if Geronimo is out. Cobb has already been ruled out. With Adams not 100% and drawing Slay, thinking Montgomery may go off. 

Highly unlikely Allison suits up Sunday given the general timeline for the concussion protocol. It's a shame with Cobb out because he'd be a solid WR2. 

14 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

This

Has anybody heard anything about his status? Or know when we will?

Edited by Boozted

The beat reporter forgot to mention whether or not Allison practiced today on Twitter, and a few losers are giving him a hard time about it.  

Duuuude, what about my fantasy team????

And I’m sure he understands the caliber of person that he’s dealing with, so it’s doubtful that he’ll even bother to elaborate on the Allison situation.  Just a simple omission, but now he has virgins attacking him.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

The beat reporter forgot to mention whether or not Allison practiced today on Twitter, and a few losers are giving him a hard time about it.  

Duuuude, what about my fantasy team????

And I’m sure he understands the caliber of person that he’s dealing with, so it’s doubtful that he’ll even bother to elaborate on the Allison situation.  Just a simple omission, but now he has virgins attacking him.

Fantasy players are big time consumers of sports media. If beat writers don't serve this market, the joke is on them.

• Like 1