FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

felt really sad when i dropped him earlier.. just the thought of his numbers before the injury and being a WR in an aaron rodgers run offense.. Oh well 

He hurt his winky in practice yesterday :( was hoping this guy would turn into something but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. Going to be quickly supplanted by the rookies. 

• Thanks 1

I had high hopes for this dude before the injury. I could really use him this week with byes but I'm dropping and going fishing on the wire even though it's all lackluster options. Target-share is way too crowded in GB right now. The only WR I'd feel good starting is Adams. 

Pick up MVS if you are an Allison owner.  GA needs Cobb to be gone next year to return to fantasy relevance, too much missed time this year. 

Just now, herschel said:

So is he a clear drop in 12 team leagues?  Injuries plus timeshare both trending down?

Yep there should be better options on the wire.  He got 1 target last week running same amount of routes as MVS.  

1 minute ago, herschel said:

So is he a clear drop in 12 team leagues?  Injuries plus timeshare both trending down?

Looking that way. He’s picking the worst kind of “minor” injuries for fantasy purposes too. Thought I struck gold when Cobb has his hammy injury. Thinking of dropping him in 14 team league.

4 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Looking that way. He’s picking the worst kind of “minor” injuries for fantasy purposes too. Thought I struck gold when Cobb has his hammy injury. Thinking of dropping him in 14 team league.

Yep he was an easy start then as a Flex or WR2.  He was on his way to a 100 yard game with like 15 targets then boom concussion + hamstring injuries literally put a sudden stop to al his momentum.  I thought I had the next Davante Adams in the making as this is how Packers WRs always start, creeping slowly up the depth chart as the others get injured then forcing their way into the starting line up.  GA looked to be that guy with how he started the year with his Rodgers rapport.  

Oh well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Are you guys outright dropping Geronimo or cuffing him with MVS these days?

He is a drop sadly. 

8 minutes ago, austin316 said:

He's a safe drop in 10-12 team leagues IMO.  If you can grab MVS, that would be a quality replacement.  In the league I  had him in I  dropped him for DJ Moore.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, cordovahi said:

felt really sad when i dropped him earlier.. just the thought of his numbers before the injury and being a WR in an aaron rodgers run offense.. Oh well 

Makes me sad as well haha.

This guy was on his way...

2 hours ago, austin316 said:

I cuffed Adams with Allison and now I’m cuffining Allison with mvs. So I’m handcuffing my handcuff. My league starts 3 wr and a flex and is full point ppr. 

• Like 1

Looks like the game is in New England, so if he doesn't make the trip, he's definitely not playing. Any idea on when this guy will be ruled out? Or do the Packers milk obvious injury designations until right before kickoff?

Looking to stash him on IR rather than flat out just dropping him, but would need for him to be ruled out before rosters lock at 12pm tomorrow.

Edited by nb009

9 hours ago, nb009 said:

Looks like the game is in New England, so if he doesn't make the trip, he's definitely not playing. Any idea on when this guy will be ruled out? Or do the Packers milk obvious injury designations until right before kickoff?

Looking to stash him on IR rather than flat out just dropping him, but would need for him to be ruled out before rosters lock at 12pm tomorrow.

Geronimo Allison (hamstring, groin) won't play in Week 9 against the Patriots.

Allison wasn't expected to play after popping up as doubtful Friday. Whether Randall Cobb (hamstring, questionable) suits up or not, Marquez Valdes-Scantling should still work as the team's No. 2 receiving option behind Davante Adams. Consider MVS a safe WR3 across from Stephen Gilmore's inevitable shadow coverage on Adams.

I know we're all really down on him right now... but any chance he becomes healthy and relevant again around the fantasy playoffs? What is your long run outlook?

23 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I know we're all really down on him right now... but any chance he becomes healthy and relevant again around the fantasy playoffs? What is your long run outlook?

MVS is being groomed as the future WR2 in that offense and has already shown flashes. If he has a good game against the Pats I don't think Allison is really worth rostering at that point.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I think there is a chance. MVS definitely has the hotter stock right now but its Allison, Cobb and MVS fighting for 2 spots. Health hasn't been on Allison or Cobb's side thus far so I'd have MVS rated the highest right now but with MVS able to play the slot Allison could easily maintain the outside role and still be a contributor. 

24 minutes ago, sSektor said:

MVS is being groomed as the future WR2 in that offense and has already shown flashes. If he has a good game against the Pats I don't think Allison is really worth rostering at that point.

While Packers drafting 3 WR last draft isn't a vote of confidence for Allison, he is only 24 and has shown flashes when healthy. That being said MVS looks like a completely different animal.