Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

Exactly. Allison is a JAG. I'd hope one of the rookie WR's can overtake him by the end of camp or at some point during the season

GB selected multiple rookie WRs the year before, and they had no impact on the depth chart. The #3 spot, and lining up opposite Adams' is Geronimo's to lose.

24 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

GB selected multiple rookie WRs the year before, and they had no impact on the depth chart. The #3 spot, and lining up opposite Adams' is Geronimo's to lose.

More than likely but he's just ok...

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

They like Allison so much that they just drafted 3 WRs this year 

4th option at best in this offense 

They drafted 3 WRs because Jordy left, Cobb could be gone next year and Adams contract has an out after 2019.   They could love Allison and they'd still need more WRs in the next few years.

So I took another look at this cat because of the recent reports.  Came late to football, only played as a senior in H.S.  Dominated at his JuCo and the transferred to Illionois.  Apparently got dominated by Ohio State's elite corners, but so do many NFLers.

At 4.67, he certainly lacks long speed.  I remember him getting caught from behind in an OT game last year.  And apparently he is not too quick in and out of his breaks.  

But at 6'3 and 203 lbs, with excellent high pointing ability, Allison could be really nice in the red zone.  On a team with a bad quarterback, Allison's physical limitations would make him undraftable.  But with Aaron Rodgers, could he be a souped-up James Jones?  Yes he could.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/geronimo-allison?id=2555211

39 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So I took another look at this cat because of the recent reports.  Came late to football, only played as a senior in H.S.  Dominated at his JuCo and the transferred to Illionois.  Apparently got dominated by Ohio State's elite corners, but so do many NFLers.

At 4.67, he certainly lacks long speed.  I remember him getting caught from behind in an OT game last year.  And apparently he is not too quick in and out of his breaks.  

But at 6'3 and 203 lbs, with excellent high pointing ability, Allison could be really nice in the red zone.  On a team with a bad quarterback, Allison's physical limitations would make him undraftable.  But with Aaron Rodgers, could he be a souped-up James Jones?  Yes he could.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/geronimo-allison?id=2555211

He's only being ignored because of his draft capital.  If he was a 2nd or 3rd rd pick, the media would be hyping him like crazy.  Take advantage of his diminished ADP before its too late. 

If I end up with him, every time he scores a TD I will be shouting:

"GEE RON EE MOOW!!"

Like I said, there’s a reason they drafted 3WRs ... and it’s because Allison is nothing special 

Already losing 1st team reps with Rodgers to this guy ... 

yeah, I know ... Delaware State. Spare me the level of competition nonsense - and acknowledge that teams don’t draft capital x 3 at one position if they are content with who’s on the roster 

15 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Like I said, there’s a reason they drafted 3WRs ... and it’s because Allison is nothing special 

Already losing 1st team reps with Rodgers to this guy ... 

yeah, I know ... Delaware State. Spare me the level of competition nonsense - and acknowledge that teams don’t draft capital x 3 at one position if they are content with who’s on the roster 

Oh I LOVE this!!

Please, more rookie hype to push Allison's cost down. 

I'll call it now. Will not be surprised if Allison is cut by the end of training camp.

Just now, Blood Brother said:

I'll call it now. Will not be surprised if Allison is cut by the end of training camp.

His appeal had nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with “lack of options so he’s gotta he decent with Rodgers” ... and then the Packers drafted options 

13 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

Definitely a bold prediction/hot take. If forced to pick a side I'd say he ends up making the roster mainly because he's been in their offense for a few years now which could give him the edge over one of the later rd rookies. GB may not feel comfortable having so much inexperience rounding out their WR depth chart

1 hour ago, Blood Brother said:

Cut, no. But two words come to mind regarding Geronimo Allison: sell low.

Allison cut?  More likely he will be the second most valuable fantasy WR on Green Bay in 2018, a bit behind Davante Adams.  But not that far back.  And at a much cheaper price.

Remember, Green Bay's offense is quite intricate.  Tough for rookies to command quickly.  Speed strength height freak Jeff Janis could never get on the field because he never mastered the playbook, despite having years to do so.

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Allison cut?  More likely he will be the second most valuable fantasy WR on Green Bay in 2018, a bit behind Davante Adams.  But not that far back.  And at a much cheaper price.

Remember, Green Bay's offense is quite intricate.  Tough for rookies to command quickly.  Speed strength height freak Jeff Janis could never get on the field because he never mastered the playbook, despite having years to do so.

Gonna just state that I disagree with this, very strongly.

Janis couldn't get on the field because he's a terrible WR. Him never grasping the playbook was just an added bonus. In general though, you are right regarding GB and rookie WR's, though in prior years they were mostly set with high-end performing guys who were locked in as GB's starters. Allison hasn't shown anything to indicate that he has or should have a stranglehold on the other boundary WR spot.

I took him as my starting WR4 in an up start 16 team, 55 man roster, no wire league. 

I think he could bust out, he's got good physical tools, and Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball to him helps a ton. 

As for the guys GB drafted, I've never even heard of any of them. 

WR is a tough position year one in the NFL and this is year three for Geronimo! 

This guys gonna win me some leagues this year. Let's not discuss him any further until September. Keep that ADP down.

1 minute ago, TomisTerrific said:

This guys gonna win me some leagues this year. Let's not discuss him any further until September. Keep that ADP down.

I just want to hear more hype about these rookies all summer ?

29 minutes ago, TomisTerrific said:

If Geronimo maintains a 10% drop rate with Rodgers, he will be benched and will win you zero leagues, which ain't a lotta leagues.

DOMINATOR RATING  QB RATING WHEN TARGETED TARGET DISTANCE  TARGET SEPARATION  DROPS FANTASY POINTS PER ROUTE FANTASY POINTS PER TARGET
9.8% 46.2 312  (8.0 p/tgt) 2.54 4  (10.3% rate) 0.22 1.21

29 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I just want to hear more hype about these rookies all summer ?

Question: which of the following GB WRs can be dropped during preseason with zero loss in money?

Geronimo Allison?

St. Brown?

Moore?

Valdes-Scantling?

(Hint: he's not a rookie)

1 minute ago, cohenstantinople said:

If Geronimo maintains a 10% drop rate with Rodgers, he will be benched and will win you zero leagues, which ain't a lotta leagues.

DOMINATOR RATING  QB RATING WHEN TARGETED TARGET DISTANCE  TARGET SEPARATION  DROPS FANTASY POINTS PER ROUTE FANTASY POINTS PER TARGET
9.8% 46.2 312  (8.0 p/tgt) 2.54 4  (10.3% rate) 0.22 1.21

Question: which of the following GB WRs can be dropped during preseason with zero loss in money?

Geronimo Allison?

St. Brown?

Moore?

Valdes-Scantling?

(Hint: he's not a rookie)

Please keep going. Please!

This is Allison's make it or break it year to stay on GB on the starting role, but right now WR3 is HIS role. Cobb is going to play slot, and Rodgers has never been one to throw to his TE alot in the red zone. Allison is pretty much a Monecrief right now, and if he can get a bunch of end zone grabs he's golden.