Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

5 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Question: which of the following GB WRs can be dropped during preseason with zero loss in money?

Geronimo Allison?

St. Brown?

Moore?

Valdes-Scantling?

Which of these WRs have yet to play a snap in the NFL let alone catch a pass in a game from Rodgers? 

On 7/28/2018 at 4:57 PM, CharlieWhitehurst said:

This is Allison's make it or break it year to stay on GB on the starting role, but right now WR3 is HIS role. Cobb is going to play slot, and Rodgers has never been one to throw to his TE alot in the red zone. Allison is pretty much a Monecrief right now, and if he can get a bunch of end zone grabs he's golden. 

That is about to change. Graham should get the bulk of the RZ targets.

22 hours ago, smeeze said:

That is about to change. Graham should get the bulk of the RZ targets.

I have graham on many of my teams so I hope you're right; however I think the tds are going to get distributed so much around that almost every receiver on GB is going to lose value. This is why I would rather draft a last-round possible flier like Allison than any of the other options (besides Cobb depending on where he lands).

18 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Love the fact we are talking about.....Geronimo Allison ...haaaa

We should be. At least smart owners should be.

It appears that Allison and two other young WRS have separated themselves from the rookie WRs:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/07/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-receivers-training-camp/929587002/

Quote: Rodgers then drew a line in the sand. He made clear which young receivers have earned his favor: Geronimo Allison, DeAngelo Yancey and Jake Kumerow: “Everybody else,” Rodgers said, “was kind of piss poor.”

"Mr. Rodgers?  Equanamious's father is holding for you on line one.  He's quite insistent."

Rodgers, at his most calculated and candid, put the youngsters on notice.

“I’m pretty specific with the people I highlight,” Rodgers said, “and it’s for a reason.”

That line says it all.

People still think some rookie is going to make a difference and  Davante won't be the wr1 in this offense?

Good luck waiting for a rookie breakout on a Rodgers offense

The Green Bay Press-Gazette's Ryan Wood writes Geronimo Allison "has quietly established himself as the team’s No. 3 receiver."

"He is always in the right place," Wood continues, "and his combination of size (6-3) and sure hands make him a reliable target." With Randall Cobb out, Allison worked as the No. 2 in the preseason opener, well ahead of the trio of rookies seemingly drafted to replace him. In good shape to win the No. 3 job in an Aaron Rodgers offense, Allison is worth drafting in deeper formats.

Ya think?

bibsheadslap-1-1.jpg

Hello Geronimo. Nice to me you. I'll be seeing you soon.

The Ringer's Mike Lombardi reported on his GM Street podcast that the Packers have shopped Randall Cobb.

Lombardi conceded he doesn't know Green Bay's asking price, but said he's heard Cobb is available. "I know his name's being shopped around," said the former GM. Recovering from surgery on his long-troublesome ankle, Cobb has yet to play this preseason. The Packers have given Equanimeous St. Brown and DeAngelo Yancey extensive slot snaps, perhaps foreshadowing Cobb's departure via trade or release. Cobb is owed $9.5 million in salary and bonuses, so teams likely won't be knocking down the Packers' door.
Aug 22 - 6:37 PM

9 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Hello Geronimo. Nice to me you. I'll be seeing you soon.

The Colts need all of teh pass catching help they can get not a long drive for cobb to make

He went undrafted in a 10 teamer last night.  I think one of the things to consider with this kid is that Adams has a very difficult CB schedule.  I believe his CB SoS is one of the most difficult in football.  That could mean that Rodgers has to look Allisons or Cobbs way a lot more.

I have to believe if Cobb were to be traded/cut, Geronimo Allison would be the hottest of pickups. 
Where would you rank him if Cobb was sent packing? 

20 minutes ago, DanObiWan said:

I have to believe if Cobb were to be traded/cut, Geronimo Allison would be the hottest of pickups. 
Where would you rank him if Cobb was sent packing? 

You would think he would have to leapfrog Cobb in ADP handily if Randall were to get cut/traded... I mean, the last 4 seasons both Cobb and Nelson have been going in the top 6 rounds of the draft, I see no reason Allison wouldn't be at least as high as Cobb has been the last two years (even though he's been terrible). I personally don't see any way that Graham is going to keep Rodgers from making 2 WRs fantasy relevant, considering he's done it pretty much his entire career even when they had good TE play (Finley days). 

Why would GB keep Cobb around for the entire offseason, just to cut him right before the season starts? 

If theyre gonna le let him go, wouldn't they want to give all the rookies more snaps in camp?

9 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Why would GB keep Cobb around for the entire offseason, just to cut him right before the season starts? 

If theyre gonna le let him go, wouldn't they want to give all the rookies more snaps in camp?

Has Cobb been practicing? Has he played in the preseason? I honestly don't remember. 

On 8/24/2018 at 12:10 AM, paulwall29 said:

I can't believe how cheap you can get this guy.

its mainly cuz Allison hasn't really popped off yet in a NFL game, he is always lingering around on that fringe.  toe in the water so to speak.  but i would agree at his current ADP there is absolutely zero downside for him

13 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

making him sweat so he restructures his contract, see how healthy he will be before season starts and see which rookies can develop into a starter. browns did the same to coleman once calloway performed in camp.

I don't think GB can afford the hit of experienced depth in their wr room to cut or trade cobb

2 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I was was thinking of picking up Allison for trade bate, but I don’t have the bench space.

My biggest issue going into week1

56 minutes ago, dashoe said:

making him sweat so he restructures his contract, see how healthy he will be before season starts and see which rookies can develop into a starter. browns did the same to coleman once calloway performed in camp.

I don't think GB can afford the hit of experienced depth in their wr room to cut or trade cobb

I think Rodgers getting his pay day changed the dynamics.  Rodgers will be pissed when Cobb is traded or released, but he’ll be the cause.  Cobb would be an asset when Green Bay reaches the playoffs, but I want to see the young WRs on the field.

With Adams, Allison, Graham and the rookie Kumerow, they don’t need a guy that costs $10 million and is frequently injured.

Randall Cobb hasn't topped 700 yards receiving in 3 years. He hasn't had a good season in 4 years. 67th overall WR according to PFF last season.

He's not good, and hasn't been for awhile. The only reason he was on the team heading into this season was this ridiculous contract: 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/randall-cobb-7783/ .  

notice the 15M in dead money the last 2 seasons? Now it's only 3.6M. Bye Randall.