Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

39 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

So can we compare Allison to say, Chris Godwin? Both similar situations, as far as available targets go. Tampa and GB Both have a outright #1 receiver, both have a legit tight end, both have a slot receiver. I'd like to think Allison has a higher ceiling and a very nice keeper pick in the late rounds. 

Bad comparison. Godwin was a 3rd round pick last year. His hype is based on abundant talent. Allison is a 3rd year undrafted free agent who is hyped because of the offense he plays in. 

47 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Bad comparison. Godwin was a 3rd round pick last year. His hype is based on abundant talent. Allison is a 3rd year undrafted free agent who is hyped because of the offense he plays in. 

I was comparing situations, not talent. Thought I'd ask. 

51 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I was comparing situations, not talent. Thought I'd ask. 

I wouldn’t right off Allison.  If Cobb is gone the situation is ideal.

TB is a mixed bag.  If Winston doesn’t come back as the starter, it’s not a great situation.  I’m also concerned about targets, there is at least 5 good receivers including the TEs.  I’m high on Godwin as a late pick, but I’m lower on Evans than most.

We’ll have to wait to find out Allison is the #2 WR.  I hope GB drops Cobb, and trade for Mack... they’d be immediate Super Bowl favorites.

Watched some YouTube highlights of Allison...granted they were “highlights” but this kid could be a star if they dump Cobb & let him go. Smooth route runner, catches with his hands not his body, good focus in traffic, & runs well after the catch. Soooo much potential here

Mix of Scottie Pippen and Wesley Snipes

10 hours ago, seanismorris said:

We need Cobb gone.  Green Bay make it happen!

His ankle will probably be the culprit

He is essentially a WR handcuff that needs An injury or somebody ahead of him to be traded to make a huge impact.

Id rather hold a RB handcuff, but im not big on handcuffs in general. 

40 minutes ago, jccouger said:

He is essentially a WR handcuff that needs An injury or somebody ahead of him to be traded to make a huge impact.

-Adams is the #1

-Graham is whatever outside of the redzone

-Cobb hasn’t been good in 3 years

- Aaron Rodgers can support multiple fantasy options 

WR Handcuff? Lol

44 minutes ago, jccouger said:

WR Handcuff? Lol  see post above and also watch film of this guy. Rodgers has trusted him and he has delivered in big moments and 1st downs.

Cobb will just breakdown as he usually does with his chronic ankle problems.  I invested in some stock on Geronimo. But realistically who would pick up Cobbs contract?? Would the only solution be, to cut him and take the loss in dead money?

8 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Cobb will just breakdown as he usually does with his chronic ankle problems.  I invested in some stock on Geronimo. But realistically who would pick up Cobbs contract?? Would the only solution be, to cut him and take the loss in dead money?

I don't think Cobb gets traded or cut. Pack kept 7wrs last year and they will prob keep 7wr's this season too. 

Barring injuries, I don't think Geronimo will put up consistent weekly numbers to make my fantasy lineup aside from a bye week. 

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I don't think Cobb gets traded or cut. Pack kept 7wrs last year and they will prob keep 7wr's this season too. 

Barring injuries, I don't think Geronimo will put up consistent weekly numbers to make my fantasy lineup aside from a bye week. 

Hes got talent, boom or bust type player? Sell high when you can? I can see this most definitely. Its a matter of time before Cobb gets hurt. Again.....

but yeah i can agree with this. 

if he has some success, I wouldn't sell high. just enjoy the ride. best qb in the game throwing to him.

33 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Between a couple reports I’ve seen, the Packers either keep him & pay 8.6 mil salary  or release him & take a 3.6 mil cap hit. I don’t know how to verify those numbers though. Cobb is way overpaid for the stats he’s put up the last few seasons so I could see them moving on

26 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Between a couple reports I’ve seen, the Packers either keep him & pay 8.6 mil salary  or release him & take a 3.6 mil cap hit. I don’t know how to verify those numbers though. Cobb is way overpaid for the stats he’s put up the last few seasons so I could see them moving on

If they cut Cobb then it's a ace to beat your league mates to the waiver

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

If they cut Cobb then it's a ace to beat your league mates to the waiver

Before anyone busts his balls about a typo, I know he meant “race” ?

If Cobb does get released, I get a break at work every hour so I should be able to hit the WW quickly!

What other players has he been compared to? Also would he be a better PPR or standard play you think?

I just watched a random highlight video and he looks really underwhelming after the catch tbh

35 minutes ago, street sharks said:

What other players has he been compared to? Also would he be a better PPR or standard play you think?

I just watched a random highlight video and he looks really underwhelming after the catch tbh

I would say both, probably more PPR. Hes a solid possession receiver.

Anyone got a gif of his 31 yard TD catch??

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I would say both, probably more PPR. Hes a solid possession receiver.

Anyone got a gif of his 31 yard TD catch??

I saw the play & Kizer was moving around the pocket. The DB lost track of Allison & he got about 5 yds behind him for the easy TD

3 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

-Adams is the #1

-Graham is whatever outside of the redzone

-Cobb hasn’t been good in 3 years

- Aaron Rodgers can support multiple fantasy options 

I've seen the phrase, "Cobb hasn't been good in three years", about 10 times on this forum.

He played a quarter of the season with Rodgers last year. His pace:

92 catches. 912 yards. 4 TDs. 

Garbage. 

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

We will know today if Allison is worth holding. 

I thought tomorrow was the deadline for cuts... but your point is valid. 

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I thought tomorrow was the deadline for cuts... but your point is valid. 

Oh is it? My bad. But yeah within the next two days. 

24 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

We will know today if Allison is worth holding. 

Why would people drop a talent like this that they just drafted?  Strong hold imo regardless of the Cobb situation.