Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

They have 8 WR rostered right now and only 2 RB (Aaron Jones doesn't count against the 53).  They're likely to get rid of 1 WR but word is they were trying to trade Trevor Davis.  For people hoping for a Cobb trade or cut that's pretty unlikely to happen (Cobb can also be emergency RB) although it's still possible I guess.

1 hour ago, nk3323 said:

This was more about who's taking over the Jordy Nelson role in which it seems Allison is in line for.  

Wow!

1 hour ago, nk3323 said:

This was more about who's taking over the Jordy Nelson role in which it seems Allison is in line for.  

Wow!

The Packers seem to have a pipeline for their offense. Cobb was a WR used as a slash player when he arrived & became a slot guy later,  now Montgomery has taken over that role, though he runs a lot more than Cobb ever did.  WRs have followed a similar path...Driver, Jones, Nelson, Adams, & now Allison have worked their way from WR3-WR2-WR1, with all gradually gaining standalone value in their positions. Still personally trying to decide if I should add Allison now. Potential for a nice season ahead

Do you guys like Allison over bigger name and pedigree guys like Corey Davis for example?

Allison does have rapport with Rodgers and a big game under his belt.

2 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Do you guys like Allison over bigger name and pedigree guys like Corey Davis for example?

Allison does have rapport with Rodgers and a big game under his belt.

I like Davis' chances alot better though Allison gets more interesting by the day.  He's certainly worth a bench spot.  He's sitting on my FA now but am hoping to hold Kirk through the 4pm game(and see what happens) and pick up Allison for Sunday night.  I do like Allison's chances for relevancy.  I also think there's still a chance Cobb gets dealt, and I'm ready to pull the trigger immediately if that happens.  

1 hour ago, mikeflavaz said:

I like Davis' chances alot better though Allison gets more interesting by the day.  He's certainly worth a bench spot.  He's sitting on my FA now but am hoping to hold Kirk through the 4pm game(and see what happens) and pick up Allison for Sunday night.  I do like Allison's chances for relevancy.  I also think there's still a chance Cobb gets dealt, and I'm ready to pull the trigger immediately if that happens.  

I don't know much about kirk but gb vs az alone has me favoring Allison over kirk. Michael floyd, john and jaron brown weren't able to sustain value there...

Shocked this guy isn’t getting more attention in fantasy circles and publications. I see a bunch of rookie receivers, some retreads and misc/mediocre guys being touted instead. Me? I’m playing the lottery with a guy that has the chance to line up as the #2 alongside a guy that’s bound to see double team coverage, leaving him one on one with Rodgers at QB.

This feels eerily similar to the Jordy breakout in 2011, where much like Allison, contributed a bit before being asked to take on a bigger role. Would not be surprised to see it happen. 

grabbed him in round 13.  know very little about his skill set, but the history of that position putting up solid numbers with rodgers under center is well documented....

I own allison on I think half my teams and wanted him in more but spent all my auction money and did not always get him in the dollar store when those people who hold money back always bid 2 dollars. One time I was the hoarder and did get him for 3 dollars. Personally I can see an easy path to a top 20 finish and the cost to own him his nothing. Allison is one of the reasons I was drafting rb4 rb 5 over wr3 because guys like him john ross and john brown were available so late with wr3 to wr2 potential. 

I’m almost leaning toward owning Allison over Cobb at this point. Is that crazy of me?

2 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

I’m almost leaning toward owning Allison over Cobb at this point. Is that crazy of me?

It is my preference, by a good margin.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:14 AM, mdw5048 said:

both are cheap enough to draft and see what happened. Cobb's value is rd 10ish, Allison's rd 12ish to the last rd.

Cheap hits

I rostered this guy over Dede Westbrook and Tyrell Williams who are both on sitting on my waiver wire now.  Do you think Allison will outperform them.  I don’t know what to expect right now. 

34 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I rostered this guy over Dede Westbrook and Tyrell Williams who are both on sitting on my waiver wire now.  Do you think Allison will outperform them.  I don’t know what to expect right now. 

Add Tyrell and keep Allison. 

I had Tyrell last season, he seemed like their 4th or 5th option, even with Henry out I don't think that changes much with Miike Williams coming on.  I believe Allison and Westbrook have more upside.

2 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Honestly, nobody does right now.  We just love to speculate and set ourselves up for disappointment due to faulty expectations. lol

I really like Allison’s chances.  With Cobb on the trading block and some of the big hits Adams took last year the route to Allison being top receiver on the pack isn’t hard to see.  Add that to great speed solid hands a QB that likes to throw the long ball.  Could be a big year.  

If this guy is on your league's waiver wire you should probably pick him up.

Reports out of camp have referred to Allison constantly being in the right position to make plays. Athletically, he stacks up favorable to a guy like James Jones. Allison's 6'3 with long arms and is a natural asset in the red zone. My only concern is that Adams and Graham will suck up a large majority of those targets. 

Rodgers has proved every year that he can support 2 or 3 wrs, I would not worry about Graham he is past his prime, he will catch 3-5 passes and be a redzone threat, if allison lines up in 2 wr sets then he is bound to have wr3/flex value at a minumum

Have him across the board. Much preferred pickup to Cobb.

Sky high ceiling. Rodgers is healthy. Not much to dislike here. Love that he flew under the radar.