Enough beating around the bush.  Who are your sleepers?

Ricky Seals Jones

Allen Hurns

Geronimo Allison

John Kelly

Mitch Trubisky

Trey Quinn

I'm looking at FantasyPros consensus PPR rankings, and looking at anyone outside the Top 100:

Kerryon Johnson

CJ Anderson

Aaron Jones

Jack Doyle

Jameis Winston

Kenny Stills

Pat Mahomes

Corey Clement

Anthony Miller

Nyheim Hines

Chris Godwin

Jordan Matthews

James Washington

Targeting this list of guys for my late round selections.

Just now, Panthers8912 said:

Allen hurns has got to have an adp rise come August right? He’s the wr1 in Dallas? 

Don't sleep on Gallup. But yeah I agree the #1 in Dallas should produce some decent numbers 

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Don't sleep on Gallup. But yeah I agree the #1 in Dallas should produce some decent numbers 

Hurns is good enough to not let a non 1st rounder pass him. But even if people were scared of Gallup I don’t get why burns is so low. I don’t even like dak and think Zeke leads the league in rushing attempts and I have no idea why hurns is so low. Obviously won’t be your wr1/2 but could serve as your 3rd/4th and be a solid fill in

Oh, and let me add Christian Kirk to this. Fitz gotta slow down eventually and he’s being drafted after other rookie wrs 

Corey Clement. I saw some PPR rankings the other day and he was RB50. That seems absurd to me.

Not a "sleeper" by any means, but I think I'll end up with a lot of shares of Devonta Freeman this year. One mildly disappointing season that ended in injury and it's like people have forgotten how good he is. I've got him in the 3rd round in a few mock drafts.

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

They had a pretty good #1 WR last year in Dez Bryant, and he was only good for 69/838/6, even playing all 16 games.  Hurns might not be as good as Dez, but he's probably a better Cole Beasley than Cole Beasley is.

Martavis Bryant

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Oh, and let me add Christian Kirk to this. Fitz gotta slow down eventually and he’s being drafted after other rookie wrs 

Brice Butler is a sneaky #2 in AZ.  Brice has paid his dues already, and he flashed plenty in Dallas, while Kirk has that steep rookie learning curve to overcome.

Enunwa. Good for 900 yards / 6 TDs, assuming August shows his neck is ok. Potentially more yards and TDs assuming RAnderson is suspended for something he’s done, and/or arrested for something he’s yet to do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

They had a pretty good #1 WR last year in Dez Bryant, and he was only good for 69/838/6, even playing all 16 games.  Hurns might not be as good as Dez, but he's probably a better Cole Beasley than Cole Beasley is.

Dez hasn't been good since 2014. Any WR getting 130+ targets and can't reach 70 catches or 840 yards is pathetic. Either Hurns or Gallup will easily reach at least one of those benchmarks if fed 130+ targets this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Brice Butler is a sneaky #2 in AZ.  Brice has paid his dues already, and he flashed plenty in Dallas, while Kirk has that steep rookie learning curve to overcome.

Ah s---, I forgot about butler. Good point he showed promise in DAL

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Martavis Bryant

Quincy Enunwa

George Kittle

Chris Godwin

Keelan Cole

Chris Godwin fan (well, wanted my team to draft him) here. Think the kid can certainly ball but I’m just not seeing the path to targets. Evans and Djax are mostly deep threats, but 2 TEs in the mix too? Idk man lot of competition 

A little something on my deepest sleeper, Mr. Irrelevant, Trey Quinn:

"Trey [Quinn] has come in here, and I haven’t heard him talk a whole lot. He’s very quiet. He’s a quiet assassin and he just goes out there and is very detailed in his routes. Ike [Hilliard] has done a great job with him, and Trey, when the ball’s in the area, he’s got strong hands. Very quarterback-friendly target. He can run the option routes. He’s learning from Jamison [Crowder], which is good, but he can also line up in different spots, so Trey is a guy that we’re going to rely on to be able to play multiple spots, be tough enough in the running game to block safeties from time to time. He’ll do whatever is asked of him, I know that, and maybe even return some punts. We’ll see, but I’ve been very impressed with Trey.”

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2018/6/6/17434888/jay-gruden-redskins-ota-presser-trey-quinn-is-a-silent-assassin

Sounds like he's going to get some run this year.  Loved his film.  Very productive in college, polished player.  I know people have their favorites here, but to me there's a pretty uninspiring group in front of him, all of whom are starting from scratch with Alex Smith.  So yeah, he's not going to be a top ten finisher, but I like this kid to be a good flex option by mid season.

Edited by dogfightgiggle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

"Sounds like he's [Trey Quinn] going to get some run this year. Loved his film. Very productive in college, polished player. I know people have their favorites here, but to me there's a pretty uninspiring group in front of him, all of whom are starting from scratch with Alex Smith. So yeah, he's not going to be a top ten finisher, but I like this kid to be a good flex option by mid season."

I like this guy too but like other deeper rookies (Walton in CIN & Wilson in DAL), he's buried. Sounds like Quinn may crack their 4-wide & return game, but that's likely his ceiling for year 1. What's encouraging there & I know it's too early to read into what Gruden has said, but that he isn't being discussed as a bubble player who may surprise in making the roster. Still, between him & anything is Jamison Crowder. Elsewhere, may not be wise to underestimate what Andrew Luck can do for a player. Likely wrong but WR Ryan Grant has a legit chance to break.   

4 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Elsewhere, may not be wise to underestimate what Andrew Luck can do for a player. Likely wrong but WR Ryan Grant has a legit chance to break.   

I agree, but the problem here is Luck, who is currently restricted to lifting huge dumbbells and throwing whiffleballs. Taking a chance on Grant means also taking a chance on Luck, as Brissett ain’t turning Grant into a reliable WR2. 

Corey Davis. He has the high first round pedigree and is built to be a #1. But people will avoid because of what a bust he was last year with the injury and such. No regular season TDs, but dhowed well in the playoffs with the 2 TDs. Decker gone. Delanie Walker seeming to slow down. Mariota needs a #1 and I think Davis could be it.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2018 at 6:45 PM, Axe Elf said:

If you could get close to Dez Bryant 2017 numbers from a guy drafted in the 100s you have won 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If you could get close to Dez Bryant 2017 numbers from a guy drafted in the 100s you have won 

Why?  If you draft credibly from 1 to 99 you're never starting a WR that's not in the top 30 or so anyway--and if he averages just 1 fantasy point per game less than Dez did in 2017, Hurns would not be among the top 30 WRs.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Why?  If you draft credibly from 1 to 99 you're never starting a WR that's not in the top 30 or so anyway--and if he averages just 1 fantasy point per game less than Dez did in 2017, Hurns would not be among the top 30 WRs.

Injuries happen and no one's draft is ever bullet proof. You can't even claim that either. I've seen your teams in the past. 

In deeper leagues which is the only thing I play in these guys have value. 

Many leagues you start 8 players weekly. 12 x 8 =96. That means the 100s guy will come into play. No one is going 8/8 and not having BYE weeks. 

8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Injuries happen and no one's draft is ever bullet proof. You can't even claim that either. I've seen your teams in the past. 

In deeper leagues which is the only thing I play in these guys have value. 

Many leagues you start 8 players weekly. 12 x 8 =96. That means the 100s guy will come into play. No one is going 8/8 and not having BYE weeks. 

But you're just as likely to pick up a guy on waivers that breaks into the top 30 as you are to hit on one of your late picks.  Granted, in a deep league those #31-#45 players are going to be a bigger factor--but for most of your 10-12 team leagues, Hurns is going to be one of those guys like Marqise Lee last year--has a good week and he gets picked up...  has a couple of clunkers and gets dropped for a bye week DST...  scores 2 TDs one week and gets picked up again...  then a wasteland for three weeks... then a good game--in which he gets a nagging little injury... so you don't know if you should waiver him or not...  etc.

I'm not calling that a "win" for most owners in most leagues.

• Like 1

I believe that Hurns can put up slightly worse numbers than Dez. 

I believe I can draft him in the 100s. 

In my format this guy will have value to me and I will target him if I believe he can put up WR30-36 numbers. 

Guys like this aren't for everyone. We all play different league styles.  If you oppose me on the wr30 - 36 ranking LMK though. 

I'll listen. 

20 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I believe that Hurns can put up slightly worse numbers than Dez. 

I believe I can draft him in the 100s. 

In my format this guy will have value to me and I will target him if I believe he can put up WR30-36 numbers. 

Guys like this aren't for everyone. We all play different league styles.  If you oppose me on the wr30 - 36 ranking LMK though. 

I'll listen. 

No, that's fair--you're just looking at it from the point of view of starting 50 WRs every week, and I'm looking at it from the point of view of your typical FF player of 10-12 team leagues, in which a WR30-36 isn't even startable on most teams in the playoff hunt.  To be worth drafting in 90% of the world's leagues, a "sleeper" has to be someone with the potential to contribute to your team, not just someone who's worth a bench slot on your team all season.  But if we slap a big red disclaimer on your claim:

CAUTION:  This is for leagues with 16 or more owners ONLY!!!

...then I'm good with Hurns being a legit sleeper.