27 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

My pick is borderline but I would say Jeremy Hill of the Patriots.  He went undrafted in my 14 team league but that big back role for the Patriots is wide open at least for the early part of the season with Michel injured and Burkhead also one hit to the knee away from injured reserve.  Hill's only competition right now imo is Gillislee and he has outperformed him in both preseason games so far.

Another one not being drafted in most leagues yet is rb Jonathan Williams of the Saints who will likely open the year in the Ingram role.   

Just wrote up my take on Hill on his thread, I completely agree with both picks. 

I think Matt Breida has a good shot at possibly taking that backfield over with that McKinnon injury getting worse through the season or if it’s proved McKinnon can not handle the workload. Breida has shown he’s a good runner and receiver out of the backfield. I want breida on all my teams until the McKinnon situation settles down. 

Long shot but I’m also a fan of Ty Montgomery. I know there’s a lot of hype with Aaron Jones but I believe Jones will be competing for the early role with Williams after his suspension. Ty gets the automatic leg up in this backfield competition because an Aaron Rodgers offense loves to pass to their running backs especially on 3rd down, hurry ups and 2 min drill. Ty will be in for all of that action and I find him more valuable than Williams. Ty can be had for a very late pick and has the upside to produce whenever he catches the ball. Only issue is being injury prone. But people forget how good he was weeks 1/2 last season. 

• Like 1

For a long time my guy was John Brown, but his ADP’s climbing and he might wind up getting drafted in most formats.

Others:

Mike Wallace

Cordarelle Patterson

Tre’Quan Smith

James Connor (another guy who might be going already as a handcuff)

James Washington

Taywan Taylor

I also really like Daniel Carlson at kicker and Atlanta’s D, and you can almost always grab them last.

i'm grabbin' me as much Conner/Yeldon stock as i can ... i know they are not quite 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea deep, but ... go get sum. 

Dan Arnold - TE New Orleans

Curtis Samuel - WR Carolina 

Corey Coleman - WR Buffalo

Thanks for Hill... He fits this idea perfectly. Currently going ADP 225, but assuming that they don't cut him, could work out. Good thing my league drafts on Mon Sep 3...

I don't think TyMont (ADP 114) or Breida (ADP 158) qualify. They're going to be drafted before the 15-16 rounds...

I'm out on Jonathan Williams. I see his possibility as a cuff, but you don't cuff an RB1a/RB1b backfield, which is what Kamara and Ingram are. If one of them gets injured, I don't see Williams picking up an equal role to what is lost. 

Conner (ADP 222) might be a good one if I get Bell. I don't think he has any standalone value but to get a cuff THAT cheaply is good. And even if I don't get bell, if a couple other rd 15-16 targets are gone, he's at least a good stash if Bell goes down for another team.

For those of you throwing out WR choices, do you have any reasoning there? 

My worry is that unlike an RB, who can leap up into sizable roles due to injury, or TE who have a very low bar to clear, the guy who is currently WR6 on his team isn't going to become WR2 due to injury... 

Are you guys seeing these WRs being legitimate WR2/Flex plays in PPR? 

If so, can you justify some of these names with *why* you're putting them on this list?

• Thanks 1

Patriots WR Devin Lucien.  Guy could ball at ASU, drafted by the Pats in 2016, released, went on a practice squad carousel, and he was offered a contract on the spot when Caserio heard he was on his way to Green Bay for a workout. 

He hasn't looked to shabby in preseason.  Reports out of training camp are positive.  Belichick isn't singing his praises but he stating what you want to hear - he is working hard, coming up with nice plays, and continues to improve.  As seen in his ASU days, guy is super versatile. 

I can see him making his way onto the field as Dorsett continues to fumble his opportunity and Decker gets acquainted with the Patriots' Way.

• Like 1

Phillip Lindsay — should take over third down duties before long, relegating Booker to the bench. He’ll essentially play the poor man’s Christian McCaffrey role, but nowhere near the same volume. Should get redzone looks at times, and has TD potential as a special teams player. In my eyes he is the only other Broncos RB worth owning besides Freeman. That said, actual production could take some time and remain highly variable.

2 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

My worry is that unlike an RB, who can leap up into sizable roles due to injury, or TE who have a very low bar to clear, the guy who is currently WR6 on his team isn't going to become WR2 due to injury... 

If so, can you justify some of these names with *why* you're putting them on this list?

For Curtis Samuel, I see the team inventing ways to get him the ball. Maybe how Tavon Austin was used. If he does better than Austin did...there could be value. 

Corey Coleman is a talented guy whose opportunity is unclear. No clear cut WR1 or 2 on that team.

Just now, Tenner said:

For Curtis Samuel, I see the team inventing ways to get him the ball. Maybe how Tavon Austin was used. If he does better than Austin did...there could be value. 

Corey Coleman is a talented guy whose opportunity is unclear. No clear cut WR1 or 2 on that team.

No clear cut QB on that team either.  I'd argue you that Kelvin has more than solidified that WR1 role.  Coleman might be a nice slot guy.

4 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Samuel is an interesting one there... I know he was intriguing at OSU, and then looking at his stats, it seemed like his touches went up the few weeks right before his injury. Maybe he was getting involved in the offense there.

I've been saying I'm avoiding Buffalo players like the plague this year, but Coleman might be cheap enough for a flyer here that late...

On 8/12/2018 at 9:46 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Just like Gillislee last year.

Everyone had a big belly full of laughter and middle fingers out to their league mates until week 3 when that finger turned on the TV screen and the Bastard in the Hoodie that no one can ever predict.

Ofc, but Gill was a mid round pick last year, Hill is undrafted in numerous leagues, and fundamentally they have the same outlook compared to the year. Hill could have 16 TDs. Wouldn’t be the most surprising thing. Will be a headache but the upside is worth the flier in deep leagues. I’m not overreaching, but again may be a “last round available” type in some drafts. 

1 hour ago, bwarbiany said:

I’ll give it a run with mine...

Mike Wallace: He’s basically plugging into Torrey Smith’s spot, and he’s a better player than Torrey Smith, only two years removed from a thousand yard season, and for however long Jeffrey’s out (if he’s out at all), he should see an increase in targets.

Cordarelle Patterson: What you’re talking about with this strategy is a dart throw at a high upside guy, and Patterson fits perfectly. Now he comes with a lot of ifs, but *if* he can earn enough of Bill and Brady’s trust to get 5-ish touches per game, he could do some real damage. He’s an electric talent.

Tre’Quan Smith: The good camp reports don’t hurt, but the Saints have also shown a propensity to throw rookies into the fire (Colston, Thomas, last year’s guys, etc...). Who’s to say Smith doesn’t become the guy we’re all thinking Cam Meredith might be? 

James Washington: He’s the #3 guy on a great offense (or he will be) with a lousy defense, and Ben’s never had a catch-point monster like Washington. I could see him scoring a lot more TDs than what’s been predicted because of it.

Taywan Taylor: His last preseason game might have hurt his value, but I’m intrigued enough by the new Rams-style offense the Titans are bringing in to take a punt on Taylor. I don’t think Matthews will be out for too long so I don’t think he’ll get a bump from that, I just think the Titans offense can support three fantasy relevant receivers, the way the Rams did last year (Kupp, Woods, Watkins). And there’s a decent chance Taylor puts up the most points, the way Kupp/Woods did last year, even though Watkins was drafted before them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

Not sure if Coleman is talented or if he's just fast.

John Brown - could potentially give you WR2 numbers for a pick going around the end of most drafts.  Flacco has been singing his praises. 

DJ Moore - I haven't looked at what his adp is, but we saw Cam do well with Kelvin in his rookie year.  Another potential WR2.  

Geronimo Allison - I just don't think Cobb is the same player.  Geronimo will be the WR2 for Green Bay, and with Rodgers hurling the ball, that could mean some nice numbers.  

Cordarrelle - seems to be a favorite for a lot of people.  I'm a believer!

Ben Watson - 37 years old, but reports are saying he's in great shape.  Could be a strong RZ option for Brews.  

George Kittle - Big and fast guy, has a little wiggle to him too, and Jimmy G liked throwing to him in limited action last year.  

Adrian Peterson - he did put up a couple of big games last season.  In the right system with a QB that can keep defense from stacking the box maybe, just maybe he can be a decent flex play.  It's a long shot, but I ain't ready to write him off quite yet, and besides, I needed to get a RB on this list.   

• Like 1

I don't like drafting Jets but Quincy Enunwa is interesting I think. He's free right now. 

Watch for Tre McBride, also a wr for the Jets.  He has had a standout training camp and has looked good in the preseason.  Right now he is contending for the 4th wr spot but could move up as the season progresses.

It Peterson is the starting back for the skins and not really splitting 2 down work with anyone i think he can produce rb1 numbers consistantly. He just needs volume and he could beast in the skins offense.

11 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

It Peterson is the starting back for the skins and not really splitting 2 down work with anyone i think he can produce rb1 numbers consistantly. He just needs volume and he could beast in the skins offense.

Chris Thompson is also not back yet, but Peterson is a complete zero in the passing game so I don’t know if he benefits from that. It’s hard to completely write him off because of who he is, and there’s a small chance he could seize all the early down work because of the JAGs he’s competing against. But I tend to think he’s a JAG now too.

6 hours ago, boshtrich17 said:

I think Matt Breida has a good shot at possibly taking that backfield over with that McKinnon injury getting worse through the season or if it’s proved McKinnon can not handle the workload. Breida has shown he’s a good runner and receiver out of the backfield. I want breida on all my teams until the McKinnon situation settles down. 

Long shot but I’m also a fan of Ty Montgomery. I know there’s a lot of hype with Aaron Jones but I believe Jones will be competing for the early role with Williams after his suspension. Ty gets the automatic leg up in this backfield competition because an Aaron Rodgers offense loves to pass to their running backs especially on 3rd down, hurry ups and 2 min drill. Ty will be in for all of that action and I find him more valuable than Williams. Ty can be had for a very late pick and has the upside to produce whenever he catches the ball. Only issue is being injury prone. But people forget how good he was weeks 1/2 last season. 

i would agree on Monte, the guy produced points on the field plain and simple, his issue was he couldn't hold up to the workload.  for his price nothing wrong with taking him and seeing what happens