Joe Williams.  Still probably fighting for a roster spot, but has had a good camp (ripped off a great 65-yard TD).  Good size - could be a nice CoP back.  

2 minutes ago, Jason497 said:

I think Marquise Goodwin is going to be the most fantasy relevant WR on the 49ers and you can get him 2 rounds later than Garcon right now.

I'm not sure if I would call him a sleeper.  More of a good value pick.  As you said, he is going later in drafts, and could easily be the #1 receiver on that team this season.  But after last year, people definitely know about the guy.

Obviously this isn't prime Sherman, but still.

10 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Yeah I would say his upgrade at QB and offense as a whole would be a bigger upside for me than the WR he lines up opposite.  Not like he wasn't lining up opposite a future HoFer in Arizona.  Gonna be too much of a guessing game for me outside of Baldwin.

Yeah for sure. I just do not think there is any challenger for a role on the opposite side of Baldwin whatsoever. I am not a Lockett believer, Brandon Marshall lol and their TEs are not in the mix for passes it seems. J. Brown actually did real well last year for the amount of opportunities he had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason497 said:

I think Marquise Goodwin is going to be the most fantasy relevant WR on the 49ers and you can get him 2 rounds later than Garcon right now.

2 rounds? They are both going in the 7th based on ADP.  I like Goodwin, but A healthy Garcon in PPR with a QB like Garoppolo should be the first SF receiver off of the board.

teally diggin' the MWilliams and Meredith love - been eyeing them for awhile ... but really starting to come around on Mahomes.  

Andy will put that kid in positive situations muchmuch more often than not ... he will not be asked to play over his head, and Reid will squeeze every last ounce of the kid's strengths dry. 

see: Smiff, Alex

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

I'm not sure if I would call him a sleeper.  More of a good value pick.  As you said, he is going later in drafts, and could easily be the #1 receiver on that team this season.  But after last year, people definitely know about the guy.

Obviously this isn't prime Sherman, but still.

Sherman will be exposed outside of Seattle and we already knew Goodwin can burn anyone deep. The question is whether Goodwin can evolve as a WR. He showed some signs at the end of last year. Definitely a good sleeper pick. 

• Like 1

On 31/7/2018 at 6:50 PM, wideopen21 said:

Definitely a good sleeper pick. 

Goes around #100 now, somewhere between Kupp and Agholor. In a deep league, that's basically a WR4, but he could easily become a WR2. I like him as a fantasy WR (and rooting for him as a human being).

Some of these have been mentioned, but these are a few guys that could be nice late round fliers if you have extra bench space, or guys to keep in mind for the waiver wire early on.

QB:

Sam Bradford - One of those guys to consider with the likes of Eli and Matt Ryan if you're waiting on QB's until the bitter end. We all know he probably won't stay healthy, but as we saw in week one last year, he still has the ability to put up very respectable numbers. Plus, he has Larry to help him out.

Ryan Tannehill - Throws a nice deep ball, and has Stills and Parker available to go out or up to reel them in. Gesicki comes in and provides a great set of hands at a position that bodes well for TD production in a Gase offense. Plus, people often forget who threw a majority of those balls that account for Landry's receptions.

RB:

Corey Clement - Blounts gone, but Sproles is back with Ajayi at the helm. Ajayi sucks at the goal line, and this is where Clement shines. He's not really a sleeper after last year, but can be had later and has a better TD upside for flex targets like Tarik Cohen.

Gio Bernard - Similar ADP to Clement, but I think is more so forgotten about with Mixon being pumped up this year, and playing for the Bengals. Gio showed towards the end of last year he's still got some juice, and can produce as an RB2 as the featured piece, and serviceable flex option in a complimentary role to Mixon.

WR:

Quincy Enunwa - Can be had as a forgotten player as a flier at the end of the draft. He had a nice 2016 campaign when given the opportunity, and with Robby's current situation, his competition to be 'the guy' would be against Pryor and Jermaine Kearse. I'll take those odds.

Chester Rogers - Realistically,  is probably the only true sleeper on this list. As of three days ago, Ryan Grant is ahead of Chester on the depth charts, but I can't see it staying that way. With three or four first round picks on the line, a five horse race in the backfield, and presumably a healthy Andrew Luck, I foresee passes a plenty and someone's gotta catch the ball besides TY. His named has been kicked around as a deep sleeper before, but at age 24 and considering the situation, if it's going to happen now would be the time.

TE:

Cameron Brate - Making TE Brate again, is one sir Cameron of Brate. I've rode him the past two years to a top 10 finish at TE as a waive wire addition and a last round draft pick. I feel Jameis being in at QB is imperative for his success and because of the suspension, I am admittedly a little lower on him than usual. I like that he draws attention in the redzone and seems to be more involved in the game plan when the score is close, which can sometimes work in his favor or against him. I'd personally take him over the like of Watson or Ebron later on in the draft, and is well worth a waiver wire pickup after week three if your current TE is skankin' it up.

QB - tough to pick a sleeper, because I believe the winning formula is picking any of the QBs ranked 10th -16th (Garoppolo, Luck, Rivers, Carr, etc.)

RB - Chris Carson, Giovanni Bernard, Spencer Ware, Corey Clement

WR - Kenny Golloday, Jamison Crowder, Jordy Nelson, Sterling Shepard, John Brown, Chester Rogers

TE - Not sure any of them qualify as a sleeper, there is a monumental drop-off after the top 7, so I'll go with George Kittle

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

QB - tough to pick a sleeper, because I believe the winning formula is picking any of the QBs ranked 10th -16th (Garoppolo, Luck, Rivers, Carr, etc.)

RB - Chris Carson, Giovanni Bernard, Spencer Ware, Corey Clement

WR - Kenny Golloday, Jamison Crowder, Jordy Nelson, Sterling Shepard, John Brown, Chester Rogers

TE - Not sure any of them qualify as a sleeper, there is a monumental drop-off after the top 7, so I'll go with George Kittle

John Brown has been a sleeper like 4 years now. He can't stay on the field.

Is it weird I don't know who Chester Rogers is?

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Here's the thing though - it's highly unlikely all of the QBs ranked from 10 to 16 will end up displacing 6 of the top 10 QBs and finishing as QB1's. Sure a few will, as with any year, but you can't really say "picking any" of them is a "winning formula". Potentially it is if you pick the right one, but drafting a guy as QB14 that finishes as QB14 isn't really a winning formula. 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

John Brown has been a sleeper like 4 years now. He can't stay on the field.

Is it weird I don't know who Chester Rogers is?

John brown see mike Wallace see Torrey smith see 1 big game 5 small ones

Pat Mahomes 

Geronimo Allison 

Cameron Meredith 

Kenny Britt

Nick Vannett 

Trey Burton

43 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

Pat Mahomes 

Geronimo Allison 

Cameron Meredith 

Kenny Britt

Nick Vannett 

Trey Burton

Kenny Britt! The post-post-post hype sleeper.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Kenny Britt! The post-post-post hype sleeper.

I had Matthews there originally too but now I’m really liking him. Won’t cost anything to draft him

36 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

I had Matthews there originally too but now I’m really liking him. Won’t cost anything to draft him

But Matthews was "free" before the injury / IR. Now he's freer? 

tenor.gif?itemid=4331503

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

I like Edelman at his ADP. I live up here though so usually I end up with no Pats as dumb people take them too early.

It's that time of the year before my draft prep where I start whittling down my "high flyers".  High cause they are high draft picks...

Some of you call them sleepers, so I searched for a sleeper thread, found it, and will now post here.

238 draft picks will be made in the league I am speaking about now.

There will be quite a bit of bums and scrubs picked up and dropped, but I need to find 3 high flyers that I like the most in the 100+ average rankings.  When we get to my 3 high picks (135-205 range) I simply grab my favorite one that's available.

I know there's no QB or TE listed here, I'm not looking for them when I'm doing what I'm doing right now. 

Also, my league is a return yardage league so guys like Tyler Lockett who may only be a WR4-5 are boosted big time when they have 1000 return yards and TD in the special teams aspect of the game.

Do yall agree or disagree on the players? 

Agree or disagree with the order? 

Here is my list and this list is in order of my preference of them.

1.   CJA

2.   TyM

3.   Lockett

4.   Amendola

5.   Kelvin B

6.   Hurns

7.   Edelmen

8.   Stills

9.   Decker

10. Meredith

11. Chris Carson

12. Crow

13. D Booker

14. Ivory

15. Mike Williams

16. Calvin Ridley

17. D Parker

18. Christian Kirk

19. Doctson

20. C Patterson

21. Tavon Austin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

1.   CJA (#99)

2.   TyM (#115)

3.   Lockett (#161, but higher with return yds)

4.   Amendola (#167). 

5.   Kelvin B (#123)

6.   Hurns (#119)

7.   Edelman (#79) (?)

8.   Stills (#143)

9.   Decker (#304)

10. Meredith (#144)

11. Chris Carson (#128)

12. Crow (#94)

13. D Booker (#136)

14. Ivory (#244)

15. Mike Williams (#154)

16. Calvin Ridley (#151)

17. D Parker (#95)

18. Christian Kirk (#193)

19. Doctson (#159)

20. C Patterson (#322)

21. Tavon Austin (#243)

I added the Fantasy pro .5 PPR ADP, to have a bit better discussion.

Some comments (I already marked my likes in bold and dislikes in italics):

4. Amendola now plays at Miami. No thank you.

5 Benjamin: he came in fat, got an a$$ whoop from his coach and is humble and eager to play. Give me some of that.

6 Hurns 2015: yes. Hurns 16/17. No. Hurns 18? Who knows? But landing in Dallas is not going to make it easier for him. I may grab him, but at the end of your list and I prefer him on the WW.

10. Meredith is definitely an interesting case. Lots of potential, lots to learn, great QB. At his ADP I think he's a good sleeper, but I have many questions.

12. Crow I'm quite high on but in our 14-teamers that's a 7th round pick. Not really a sleeper to me.

15. Mike Williams: 23 targets shows me the team didn't like him much, 11 catches shows me he didn't do much with it (and he has a good QB), for 95 yd? To be honest I have no idea why the Chargers even selected him (that looks like one of the all-time boneheaded draft picks) but what do you see that I don't? His college tape is mostly him smoking CBs on deep routes,and that stuff doesn't work in the NFL. Sorry for the long rant, I honestly want to understand :$

16 Calvin Ridley on the other hand has skills. This is a guy running crisp routes, getting separation, he has a cut, makes defenders miss and sees the field. Give him a year to learn from Julio and he has a future. Like. In 2019 though.

20. Cordarelle Patterson. This is not a "like", more a "curious" what the hoodie sees in him. Return yards only or does he think this kid can learn to run routes?

Thanks for posting. I don't have my list for the post-100 yet but I will follow up when I have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I added the Fantasy pro .5 PPR ADP, to have a bit better discussion.

Some comments (I already marked my likes in bold and dislikes in italics):

4. Amendola now plays at Miami. No thank you.

5 Benjamin: he came in fat, got an a$$ whoop from his coach and is humble and eager to play. Give me some of that.

6 Hurns 2015: yes. Hurns 16/17. No. Hurns 18? Who knows? But landing in Dallas is not going to make it easier for him. I may grab him, but at the end of your list and I prefer him on the WW.

10. Meredith is definitely an interesting case. Lots of potential, lots to learn, great QB. At his ADP I think he's a good sleeper, but I have many questions.

12. Crow I'm quite high on but in our 14-teamers that's a 7th round pick. Not really a sleeper to me.

15. Mike Williams: 23 targets shows me the team didn't like him much, 11 catches shows me he didn't do much with it (and he has a good QB), for 95 yd? To be honest I have no idea why the Chargers even selected him (that looks like one of the all-time boneheaded draft picks) but what do you see that I don't? His college tape is mostly him smoking CBs on deep routes,and that stuff doesn't work in the NFL. Sorry for the long rant, I honestly want to understand :$

16 Calvin Ridley on the other hand has skills. This is a guy running crisp routes, getting separation, he has a cut, makes defenders miss and sees the field. Give him a year to learn from Julio and he has a future. Like. In 2019 though.

20. Cordarelle Patterson. This is not a "like", more a "curious" what the hoodie sees in him. Return yards only or does he think this kid can learn to run routes?

Thanks for posting. I don't have my list for the post-100 yet but I will follow up when I have it.

Great stuff. 

And don't worry about long posts. 

Sometimes you can do the short answers and sometimes answers I prefer to be a bit longer and more in depth. 

Amendola in Miami is kind of why I like him. He knew what he was in NE and wanted more so he left. Where he left to was a place that was lacking someone that could do what we did which his predecessor absolutely thrived in. I don't think he's as good as Landry, but I do think he can carve out a role that definitely exceeds his ADP. 

Benjamin seems to come in fat every year lol. One of these years his metabolism is gonna slow down and he's just gonna be a fat WR who can't high point a football anymore. He's never been the guy to beat people on his routes. I'm not a fan of the player really, but I love his size, ability, and now his situation. There's not a lot of receiving threats in Buffalo and these young QBs aren't the most accurate. A guy that can win 50/50 balls is a Non accurate QBs best friend generally. 

I'm a big fan of Hurns in Dallas and think he will be the leading this receiver core out of the gate through the end of the season.  I think he can put up numbers comparable to Dez 2017 as the featured WR, and in my league for these purposes, that is valuable to me.  I don't draft as good as Axe Elf and get to pick between starting any of the top 10 WRs in football for my flex spot (WR4/RB3/TE2).  I might be even higher on him now that I talk about him more lol.

Meredith definitely intrigues me.  Drew Brees has always been able to make Fantasy relevant secondary receivers.  Even with running the ball more and MT being the man, I still think Meredith can carve out a solid role for himself.  Big guy with great speed and jumping ability and has semi proved himself in the league already and is hungry to earn himself a good contract on a prove it deal... man, this guy could be a bit low on my rankings more I speak about him.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Thanks 1

Crow, you're probably right.  I read he's catching out of the back field too in TC which is pretty cool, but in PPR I just don't really like these 10 reception per year guys.  His 40 receptions a couple years ago even with Duke J on the team show he can be multi-faceted.  I'm liking him the more I hear about him, but I'm fairly sure that he won't be slipping to me at this point the more I read on him.

Mike Williams was a baller in college that never got healthy for the NFL and always played catch up and he wasn't either:  Smart enough to learn the book fast enough and be where Rivers wanted him, or he never truly recovered until the season was already lost.  He may very well be a bust, but I'm not ready to just stick a fork in a guy after 1 lost season.  He's got too many things that I like to not consider taking a flyer on him.

Ridley, I am a big fan of.  Reading what you say and what I believe of him, I'm moving him up.  Not sure why I had him so low to begin with.  I'm a believer in this guy and I don't think he's going to need to wait until 2019 to be that guy he can be.  He's got skills.  He's not just a fast guy who can go over college defenders, he's a fast guy that can do everything.

CPatt for me is just one of those dart throws.  I'm sure BB brought him in for his return game work, which appeals to me, but in my league that's not enough to hold any real value.  It's only enough to turn a 40-50 reception / 500 yards / 3-5 TDs guy to more relevance.  I know the return work will be there.  What I'm unsure of is the WR5 work.  I throw a dart at him though because of all the WR turmoil there and I truly believe he's a much better receiver than Hogan and can steal that role from Hogan while maintaining his return game work.  If he's a returner only though, he'd be my first drop probably.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions on these guys.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Mike Williams was a baller in college that never got healthy for the NFL and always played catch up and he wasn't either:  Smart enough to learn the book fast enough and be where Rivers wanted him, or he never truly recovered until the season was already lost.  He may very well be a bust, but I'm not ready to just stick a fork in a guy after 1 lost season.  He's got too many things that I like to not consider taking a flyer on him.

I think the opportunity for him is with Henry out. They have no pass catching, big bodied tight end. If they run him from the slot with Keenan and Tyrell on the outside, he could be a red zone nightmare for nickel corners

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I think the opportunity for him is with Henry out. They have no pass catching, big bodied tight end.

Ok, I get that, but Henry has 1-2" and 30lbs on him. That's a lot. And have you seen a lot of impressive underneath stuff from him? Or any good route?

I'll keep my mind and my eyes open, but it'll be on the wire for me.

Edited by Boudewijn