Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Sounds like at least a 60-40 split to me. Chubb might get majority carries but Duke will be more involved.

With Bye-weeks here I so want to use him due to the Browns being behind all game.

Someone talk some sense into me.  For weeks now it's been said he would be utilized and nothing has materialized. 

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

With Bye-weeks here I so want to use him due to the Browns being behind all game.

Someone talk some sense into me.  For weeks now it's been said he would be utilized and nothing has materialized. 

He's not a terrible option. I'm going with him. I have to start Jalen Richard, Tevin Coleman, and Duke due to bye weeks. Kitchens was the RB coach, Duke has been the vocal leader of that group (especially with Hyde gone), so I can't imagine he won't see the field. Plus, Chubb isn't the pass catcher Duke is (yet anyway). And finally, the Chiefs have given up a ton of rushing yards this year....their D seems to step up for prime-time games and home games but heading to Cleveland, I can imagine the KC' offense getting a big lead and their defense playing conservative from there.

Starting him due to Barkley on a bye and Chris Thompson being out. I have a good feeling about him this week. This is the week!!

Worst run defense in the league. If you can’t start him now when can you? I’m betting on the new coaching staff getting him a few more touches especially if they’re down big but I also have bye issues.

Hedging and starting him on 1 of 2 leaguees that I have him. I feel like thefirings were partially tied to the misuse of Duke.

Duke has finally been unleashed !  A season high 9 targets and he caught them all for 78 yards and 2 TDs.

Goes without saying that he is now a must start next week against the Falcons putrid run defense. 

6 minutes ago, Naboo said:

Duke has finally been unleashed !  A season high 9 targets and he caught them all for 78 yards and 2 TDs.

Goes without saying that he is now a must start next week against the Falcons putrid run defense. 

You realize he's had one carry in each  the past 2 games right? Run D doesn't matter but as good as the falcons O is he should get points

24 minutes ago, spidybl said:

You realize he's had one carry in each  the past 2 games right? Run D doesn't matter but as good as the falcons O is he should get points

Not just that but the Falcons were the first team to hold Barkley under 100 yards last game then shut down AP today. Early season narratives are not always full season narratives.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:53 PM, SonataArctica said:

Starting him due to Barkley on a bye and Chris Thompson being out. I have a good feeling about him this week. This is the week!!

I have been on fire recently ? 

So Haley was a complete bust on knowing how to use Duke.  .complete and utter bust as an OC

you're all welcome, of course his breakout comes when I sit him, for Jordy no less.

Why own him if you’re gonna sit him with the most favorable match up of the year? 

1 minute ago, jstep13 said:

Why own him if you’re gonna sit him with the most favorable match up of the year? 

Because he's basically been useless until now.  This was my drop him if the new OC doesn't help him week.

9 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Umm, because he hadn’t done jack s*** all season.  Congrats to all the lucky ones that gambled and started him.

7 minutes ago, RJRJRJ said:

Because he's basically been useless until now.  This was my drop him if the new OC doesn't help him week.

And now he’s once again restored as a ppr rb2 again. 9 targets is great stuff. Obviously you can’t flip him unless your leagues full of dummies but the Atlanta game sounds like a good start to me.

1 minute ago, reichl555 said:

Umm, because he hadn’t done jack s*** all season.  Congrats to all the lucky ones that gambled and started him.

Definitely got lucky, but also gained a good feeling especially after hearing all the positive vibes this week coming from Cleveland. That and KC would score up and down the field, and they’re 32nd against the run. It was worth the gamble today.

All the people in here saying you knew this was going to happen and should have played them, are the same people that said they knew to play Corey Davis his one huge game ????.  Turn fantasy pro, make millions, fellas.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa HaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWWWW!!!!

Picked him up 3 weeks ago and held on to him at the end of my bench!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!  

18 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

All the people in here saying you knew this was going to happen and should have played them, are the same people that said they knew to play Corey Davis his one huge game ????.  Turn fantasy pro, make millions, fellas.

I started him over Tevin Coleman. I take it as a victory, mainly

34 minutes ago, RJRJRJ said:

26 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Sorry you guys weren't paying attention but he has a new coaching staff, playing against a terrible D and was an extremely favorable game script. It's not about getting lucky or any weird black magic - it's called doing your homework. You guys really should be paying attention more and stop claiming everyone's just "getting lucky". Something only losers do imho.

5 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Sorry you guys weren't paying attention but he has a new coaching staff, playing against a terrible D and was an extremely favorable game script. It's not about getting lucky or any weird black magic - it's called doing your homework. You guys really should be paying attention more and stop claiming everyone's just "getting lucky". Something only losers do imho.

You had no business starting him this week!  Unless he was a bye week fill in.  Don’t tell me you knew this big game was coming.  I’m calling your bluff!!