Sign in to follow this  
The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

Wait, this dude was a drop last week, and now all of a sudden people are ranking him as an RB2 after 1 game? <_<

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dams513 said:

Wait, this dude was a drop last week, and now all of a sudden people are ranking him as an RB2 after 1 game? <_<

The circumstances have changed, try and keep up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dams513 said:

An RB2 in 0.5PPR is basically 10 PPG...so, 4-5 catches a week for 40-50 yards and 0.5 TD's.  That could be easily attainable if he continues to receive a 8-12 touch allotment. He caught everything and the plays were designed for him. Very different than what this was.

10 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

An RB2 in 0.5PPR is basically 10 PPG...so, 4-5 catches a week for 40-50 yards and 0.5 TD's.  That could be easily attainable if he continues to receive a 8-12 touch allotment. He caught everything and the plays were designed for him. Very different than what this was.

It's a big assumption he even gets that much since he's had 6 games under 6 points.  I just don't get people treating this as the new norm, when it's been one game is all.  Can he be an RB2? Yea, sure, 100%.  But I don't get the guaranteeing of it when he's been less than reliable this year.

22 minutes ago, dams513 said:

It's a big assumption he even gets that much since he's had 6 games under 6 points.  I just don't get people treating this as the new norm, when it's been one game is all.  Can he be an RB2? Yea, sure, 100%.  But I don't get the guaranteeing of it when he's been less than reliable this year.

He’s this weeks jalen Richard 

1 hour ago, reichl555 said:

You had no business starting him this week!  Unless he was a bye week fill in.  Don’t tell me you knew this big game was coming.  I’m calling your bluff!!

I knew I had been laughing at my lg mate that drop him all week ,,, every one laughed when I burned my waiver on him ... Fantasy guys are weird they talk about what a player hasn't done all year as if if that tells the future ... Playing against a high scoring offense , new oc dying to show he knows what he is doing , one less mouth to feed in the backfield , and a staff that knows he should be getting more touches ... Easy call to play him this week no magic at all bro ... Ros looks very decent as well ... Will he have plenty more games with these numbers probably not but he is serviceable compared to what's on the wire in most lgs.. I will be rotating him in my flex between McGuire , Ito and Josh Adams moving forward in that order 

1 hour ago, jstep13 said:

Sorry you guys weren't paying attention but he has a new coaching staff, playing against a terrible D and was an extremely favorable game script. It's not about getting lucky or any weird black magic - it's called doing your homework. You guys really should be paying attention more and stop claiming everyone's just "getting lucky". Something only losers do imho.

Lololol, ok man.  Sound exactly like the Corey Davis fortune tellers.  Ignorance is bliss.  What's the winning lotto numbers for next week?

You had no business starting him this week!  Unless he was a bye week fill in.  Don’t tell me you knew this big game was coming.  I’m calling your bluff!!

I traded for him on Wednesday and started him this week. Coaching change and game script pointed to a solid game. What he will do moving forward has little to do with what he did with a different coaching staff in the past.

projected game scripts and new staff point to him being solid flex ros. It’s why I traded for him and played him.

• Like 1

He'll be too inconsistent to trust as rb2 cause he gets no carries. You are relying on catches

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mi26 said:

He'll be too inconsistent to trust as rb2 cause he gets no carries. You are relying on catches

This is a joke right?  

• Thanks 1

Exactly.  Somebody can be all high and mighty all they want, but it doesn't make them any smarter and people who didn't play him any dumber.  A team can say whatever they want.  Until you actually see them follow through on it, you aren't better than other people just because it happened to be true.  There have been enough other times where a team said one thing and did another, and obviously that ended up blowing up in people's faces.

I'm just glad he's a high end PPR RB again.  That's what matters in the end.  Not taking the time to call people losers because they played it safe, and honestly did as much if not more of the right thing than people gambling on a new coaching staff before their team even played their first game with them.

Also, for anybody skeptical about Duke going forward... I get it, but his horrible games leading up to this were due to the horrible previous coaching staff.  He's already proven to be a pretty solid RB to own in PPR leagues in the past.  I have no problem rolling with him from this point on after seeing that they are not dumb enough to ignore using one of their best offensive weapons.  Sure, it was against KC, but usage is still usage, and it's not like they are going to be that competitive in games that often to run the ball more than 20 or so times a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mi26 said:

In PPR leagues, I think he’s a solid flex ros.

2 hours ago, reichl555 said:

56 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Lololol, ok man.  Sound exactly like the Corey Davis fortune tellers.  Ignorance is bliss.  What's the winning lotto numbers for next week?

Capture.JPG

silence.jpg

Edited by jstep13

PS...started him last 3 weeks. CSB I know.

7 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Capture.JPG

silence.jpg

Pretty sure he meant he's calling your bluff as in you knowing he'd have a great game but I could be wrong

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dams513 said:

Pretty sure he meant he's calling your bluff as in you knowing he'd have a great game but I could be wrong

I had already outlined why I thought he would have a great game, hence me starting him. But whatever.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:02 AM, alexcuse said:

Hedging and starting him on 1 of 2 leaguees that I have him. I feel like thefirings were partially tied to the misuse of Duke.

I actually ended up starting him in both leagues.

Agree with others that started him that there many signs pointing to today’s performance

-firings of OC and head coach, OC replaced with RB coach Kitchens

- kitchens saying duke will get the ball 45x earlier this week

- KC being # 1 fantasy points against for RB

- predictably favorable game script for him versus KC

He is not going to be an every week start but will be matchup dependent, and this was the most ideal week to start him.

21 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

I actually ended up starting him in both leagues.

Agree with others that started him that there many signs pointing to today’s performance

-firings of OC and head coach, OC replaced with RB coach Kitchens

- kitchens saying duke will get the ball 45x earlier this week

- KC being # 1 fantasy points against for RB

- predictably favorable game script for him versus KC

He is not going to be an every week start but will be matchup dependent, and this was the most ideal week to start him.

Why would he be only match-up dependent?  Unless you play in standard leagues sure I guess.  Otherwise he will be a RB2 considering:

1) He was RB11 last year in ppr.

2) The lack of dependable WR on the Browns team

3) Chubbs is not a pass-catcher

4) Kitchens being a RB coach and they clearly schemed to get the ball to him.  Why would they stop when he can be their most reliable weapon save Landry?

Oh yeah and bonus:  The only RBs to catch more passes last year than him were Thompson, Bell and CMAC.  

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, spidybl said:

You realize he's had one carry in each  the past 2 games right? Run D doesn't matter but as good as the falcons O is he should get points

That is correct. What I meant, yet did not elaborate, is that the Falcons D is the worst in the league against pass plays to running backs. Meaning he should feast against them.

Edited by Naboo

14 hours ago, mi26 said:

In standard leagues I'd agree for sure.  In PPR's though he could be a decent RB.

I've always struggled a bit with these types of guys because I've always only played in standard leagues.  I've always wanted guys that get guaranteed touches with red zone carries over guys you are hoping catch a handful of passes. 

However, my league switched to a PPR this year and I'm getting a new respect for these guys.  I mean, they basically are scoring TD's with their receptions.

I do think it's tough to say too much after just one game but this game is a nice start toward getting Duke's value back.  With the Browns receivers and a rookie QB, really no reason they shouldn't scheme Duke 5-6 catches a game with a few carries.  Him and Chubb could make a nice 1-2 punch.

• Like 1