Rotoworld.com Forums

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

15 minutes ago, tremixt said:

Ridiculous article. Even more, ridiculous conclusion. 

No one cares about Stephen Jackson, and most definitely not Kendrick Perkins. And most importantly, none of this has anything, nor will it have anything to do with where Lebron finishes this year. 

of course it does .. if lebron is playing with one foot out the door (he is), he will absolutely suffer statistically 

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

If Lebron didn't care about stats he would have sat many more times in his career. I think he certainly wants to be the all time scoring leader, which I think will help him lobby for less rest games.

I don't think he cares about  stats to the extent like someone like Wilt Chamberlain did, but Lebron is very aware of his production statistically. I sincerely doubt he plays with one foot out the door.

I don't doubt that one part of his motivation for coming to LA was  career entertainment driven  I just don't think it effects his game at all. Lebron has also historically found it difficult to recruit players to play with him in Cleveland, I think that's another motivation to prefer LA. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

If Lebron didn't care about stats he would have sat many more times in his career. I think he certainly wants to be the all time scoring leader, which I think will help him lobby for less rest games.

I don't think he cares about  stats to the extent like someone like Wilt Chamberlain did, but Lebron is very aware of his production statistically. I sincerely doubt he plays with one foot out the door.

I don't doubt that one part of his motivation for coming to LA was  career entertainment driven  I just don't think it effects his game at all. Lebron has also historically found it difficult to recruit players to play with him in Cleveland, I think that's another motivation to prefer LA. 

of course he cares about stats .. it’s the main thing he played for up until joining the lakers. and he still cares about stats, but he’s slowly shifting his primary focus to Hollywood. 

6 minutes ago, scienze said:

of course he cares about stats .. it’s the main thing he played for up until joining the lakers. and he still cares about stats, but he’s slowly shifting his primary focus to Hollywood. 

So does he care about his stats or doesn't he? I'm confused. Because if he cares, his stats wont suffer much. If he doesn't, than he will. Choose one narrative and be consistent with it. 

I'm of the mind frame he cares about his stats. He will put about the same numbers we're use to in recent years. I think the assists could dip because he's playing with Rondo and Ball, and not as a product of being in Hollywood. 

2 hours ago, scienze said:

of course it does .. if lebron is playing with one foot out the door (he is), he will absolutely suffer statistically 

******** what?  Didn't he do that last year?  His last year in Miami?  His first last year in Cleveland?  When did he suffer statistically?  If LeBron suffers statistically this year it'll be because he's almost as old as I am, not because he grabbed Chris Paul instead of wildly trying to punch someone in the back of the head. 

That article is obvious ******** nonsense, and anyone with even the slightest bit of critical thinking can see that.  Like what was the purpose in calling SJax "NBA Champion"?  Really, no, tell what you think the point was.  Because I know it was to try to lend some type of authority to his words to people that donn't know better.  It's like something Donald "Man of the Year" Trump would do.  (See what I did there?)

The article doesn't have anything to do with basketball, let alone fantasy basketball.

Edited by Tom Chambers
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

So does he care about his stats or doesn't he? I'm confused. Because if he cares, his stats wont suffer much. If he doesn't, than he will. Choose one narrative and be consistent with it. 

I'm of the mind frame he cares about his stats. He will put about the same numbers we're use to in recent years. I think the assists could dip because he's playing with Rondo and Ball, and not as a product of being in Hollywood. 

please try and follow me

he cares about stats, but he is slowly starting to care about his career post basketball above everything 

34 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

******** what?  Didn't he do that last year?  His last year in Miami?  His first last year in Cleveland?  When did he suffer statistically?  If LeBron suffers statistically this year it'll be because he's almost as old as I am, not because he grabbed Chris Paul instead of wildly trying to punch someone in the back of the head. 

That article is obvious ******** nonsense, and anyone with even the slightest bit of critical thinking can see that.  Like what was the purpose in calling SJax "NBA Champion"?  Really, no, tell what you think the point was.  Because I know it was to try to lend some type of authority to his words to people that donn't know better.  It's like something Donald "Man of the Year" Trump would do.  (See what I did there?)

The article doesn't have anything to do with basketball, let alone fantasy basketball.

its quite simple .. the more you’re into the game, the more invested in your teammates you’ll be. 

nobody said he had to start swinging lol but at the very least show some solidarity as opposed to making your primary objected to console the other side

its obvious that he doesn’t care about his teammates

hell still stuff the statsheet, but he won’t give the same effort 

9 minutes ago, scienze said:

please try and follow me

he cares about stats, but he is slowly starting to care about his career post basketball above everything 

It's truly remarkable how "simple" everything is to you, and how people can't "follow" you anyhow. The snotty misunderstood genius thing is getting really old.

7 minutes ago, scienze said:

its quite simple .. the more you’re into the game, the more invested in your teammates you’ll be. 

nobody said he had to start swinging lol but at the very least show some solidarity as opposed to making your primary objected to console the other side

lmao are you the writer of the article?

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, scienze said:

But then won't those teammates take Lebron's stats due to their investment?

Also, having watched the first 2 Lakers games, Javale Mcgee is playing like a man possessed. I'd say most of the Lakers are, but Mcgee especially. 

33 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

It's truly remarkable how "simple" everything is to you, and how people can't "follow" you anyhow. The snotty misunderstood genius thing is getting really old.

i mean, my point isn’t really rocket science, to be quite honest.

whether you agree or not is something else, but to act like you don’t get what i’m saying can only be chalked up to two things.. being slow on the uptake or being disingenuous. no in between, brother. 

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

But then won't those teammates take Lebron's stats due to their investment?

Also, having watched the first 2 Lakers games, Javale Mcgee is playing like a man possessed. I'd say most of the Lakers are, but Mcgee especially. 

thats exactly my point!

i agree about mcgee .. he’ll be a major steal all year. 

6 minutes ago, scienze said:

thats exactly my point!

i agree about mcgee .. he’ll be a major steal all year. 

I'm just confused, because you said Lebron has one foot out the door and you said teammates play better the more invested a player is.

I agree with parts of what you're saying at times, but it seems like you craft the facts to fit the conclusion you want. I think Lebron wants to set records and win championships.  I think he's smart enough to know that his NBA time is limited and he has a lifetime of bad commercials and movies to film. He was already doing a lot of those things and had a house in LA prior to his signing, so being here just makes doing some of those things easier. One could say, saving him flights and time. 

. If he takes a step back, I think it's to encourage the young players around him to develop so  the team could win. I can't imagine a giant step back, because he cares about his records.  Being the all-time scoring leader is more likely than Lebron winning multiple more titles IMO. HE can probably accomplish that within 5 years if he plays enough games. Championships will be tough if the Warriors team stays in tact. 

16 minutes ago, scienze said:

i mean, my point isn’t really rocket science, to be quite honest.

whether you agree or not is something else, but to act like you don’t get what i’m saying can only be chalked up to two things.. being slow on the uptake or being disingenuous. no in between, brother. 

Yes, those are the only options. Somehow despite your obvious superior intelligence to mine and so many others, you can't realize that most of the responses to you are A. actual laughing at you B. telling you you're wrong or C. telling you you make no sense. Gotta be all the other peoples' faults.  

Image result for james harden side eye gif

1 hour ago, scienze said:

zvXOXpZ.gif

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, terribleswedes said:

Yes, those are the only options. Somehow despite your obvious superior intelligence to mine and so many others, you can't realize that most of the responses to you are A. actual laughing at you B. telling you you're wrong or C. telling you you make no sense. Gotta be all the other peoples' faults.  

Image result for james harden side eye gif

look at this guy trying to join the party, saying absolutely nothing, yet desperately yearning to fit in. how cute. 

stick to the topic at hand or don’t quote me, champ.

3 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I'm just confused, because you said Lebron has one foot out the door and you said teammates play better the more invested a player is.

I agree with parts of what you're saying at times, but it seems like you craft the facts to fit the conclusion you want. I think Lebron wants to set records and win championships.  I think he's smart enough to know that his NBA time is limited and he has a lifetime of bad commercials and movies to film. He was already doing a lot of those things and had a house in LA prior to his signing, so being here just makes doing some of those things easier. One could say, saving him flights and time. 

. If he takes a step back, I think it's to encourage the young players around him to develop so  the team could win. I can't imagine a giant step back, because he cares about his records.  Being the all-time scoring leader is more likely than Lebron winning multiple more titles IMO. HE can probably accomplish that within 5 years if he plays enough games. Championships will be tough if the Warriors team stays in tact. 

he does have 1 foot out the door and he’s not invested in his teammates....that’s why his individual stats will suffer 

he figures he’ll still score and get the record, but the peripheral stats will surely suffer, as his heart is not 100% set on winning .. if it was, he would not have signed with the lakers.

i do think lakers can contend though, but its going to take an alpha scorer to sign with the team in order for them to do so.. sorta like when he had kyrie 

Edited by scienze
8 hours ago, scienze said:

This article is utter s---.

how did lebron go into “beta” mode by taking the neutral ground in a fight between his teammates and friend.

Lebron moving to LA to further his film career?? Lol

yes he’s going to be in space jam 2 and no he didn’t have to move to LA to make this happen.

LA has the young talent and will have the cap space for him to make one final push for a ring.

He’s the only basketball player worthy of being compared to MJ and getting that next championship could push him over the top.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, scienze said:

i do think lakers can contend though, but its going to take an alpha scorer to sign with the team in order for them to do so.. sorta like when he had kyrie 

Lebron led the finals they won in scoring (rebounds, blocks, steals, assists too). Only time in NBA History a player did that for both teams in a 7 game series.

But yes, a team generally needs at least 2 star players to win a championship. Usually. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, scienze said:

he does have 1 foot out the door and he’s not invested in his teammates....that’s why his individual stats will suffer 

he figures he’ll still score and get the record, but the peripheral stats will surely suffer, as his heart is not 100% set on winning .. if it was, he would not have signed with the lakers.

Lol “alpha” scorer.

I guess lebron is a “beta male” since this guy is arguably the 2nd best player ever to play the game.

no, this guy doesn’t give a s--- about his legacy...just space jam 2 and Hollywood.

ok

edit: double lol...Kyrie Irving is your “alpha” scorer? Haha

Edited by jim james
  • Like 1

I think his stats will drop this season, Cavs are absolute garbage without him, so he HAD to have those stats to make the finals. But I think his move to the Lakers is more a personal move to take it easy. I can also see him resting more near the end of the season. Assists are also gonna be tougher to come by with Rondo and Lonzo around. Also he doesn't have too many good shooters on his team either.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jim james said:

This article is utter s---.

how did lebron go into “beta” mode by taking the neutral ground in a fight between his teammates and friend.

Lebron moving to LA to further his film career?? Lol

yes he’s going to be in space jam 2 and no he didn’t have to move to LA to make this happen.

LA has the young talent and will have the cap space for him to make one final push for a ring.

He’s the only basketball player worthy of being compared to MJ and getting that next championship could push him over the top.

he didnt take the “neutral ground”, he went over to console chris paul instead of checking on his teammates, as if their friendship was his primary concern 

its absolutely beta mentality .. imagine mj or kobe putting their friendship with other players above the team. you can’t, cuz they were assassins. lebron is the opposite, which is why he has 3 titles in 9 trips to the finals. with his body and athletic ability, he shoulda been the hands down GOAT. 

Edited by scienze
8 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Lebron led the finals they won in scoring (rebounds, blocks, steals, assists too). Only time in NBA History a player did that for both teams in a 7 game series.

But yes, a team generally needs at least 2 star players to win a championship. Usually. 

yea but who was the go to guy when it mattered? who hit all the big shots? lebron stuffs the stat sheet throughout the game, but he always needs that 1 guy u can throw the ball to and depend on to get you a basket.