My Dinner With Andre

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

One more update. 

RT @mcten: LeBron James tells ESPN “the good thing is the muscle is intact.” He hasn’t ruled out playing Thursday against Sacramento, however a MRI tomorrow will reveal how plausible that will actually be.
Beat Writer / Columnist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, largeshot said:

But the internet doctors/lip-readers told me a pop means a complete tear!

What if they meant he popped a stiffy? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

What if they meant he popped a stiffy? 

Or maybe he got so nervous about the injury that the pop he heard was actually a pop coming out of his butt? ;)

Regardless, at least this is all the best case scenario and he shouldn't be out too long.  If anyone owns any other Lakers too like me, then a bit of a boost with them might help make up for some of the lost stats at least.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HotSauce24 said:

He played all 82 games last year.

Let me clarify, annual rest for LeBron that begins as a Laker, won't be surprised to see him get rest in his remaining seasons in the NBA. He has played more minutes than anyone in the NBA by a mile.

Edited by DezedandConfused

On 1/6/2019 at 5:46 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

LeBron's gonna be sitting home watching the playoffs at this rate.

indeed but if he comes back and gets them back into say the 5 seed, MVP contender

3 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

indeed but if he comes back and gets them back into say the 5 seed, MVP contender

Giannis is going to win MVP. Honestly, if I was a betting man that's one of the easiest bets to make before the season. The media tends to make up their mind and it's easy to see if you follow them. Two years ago all the talk was about Westbrook and his pursuit for the triple double, last year it was Harden potentially getting "robbed" back to back, and this year it was the rise of Giannis. Now that he Bucks are first seed it's pretty much all over. 

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Giannis is going to win MVP. Honestly, if I was a betting man that's one of the easiest bets to make before the season. The media tends to make up their mind and it's easy to see if you follow them. Two years ago all the talk was about Westbrook and his pursuit for the triple double, last year it was Harden potentially getting "robbed" back to back, and this year it was the rise of Giannis. Now that he Bucks are first seed it's pretty much all over. 

I would have agreed with this statement earlier this season, but James Harden is making a strong case for MVP with the historic run he is on.  CP3 down, Eric Gordon down, Ariza traded and they are tied for 4th in a very competitive West and just went 7-1 in their last 8 (since CP3 went down) beating GSW, DEN, OKC, BOS, MEM, NOL, SAN.  Over the last 8 games Harden is averaging: 40.4 PTS/ 6.9 3PTs/ 6.4 REBs/ 9.8 ASTs/ 1.5 STLs/ 1.0 BLKs.  Savage

He probably won't keep it up, but if he somehow does, I don't see how he's not a back-to-back MVP.

2 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

I would have agreed with this statement earlier this season, but James Harden is making a strong case for MVP with the historic run he is on.  CP3 down, Eric Gordon down, Ariza traded and they are tied for 4th in a very competitive West and just went 7-1 in their last 8 (since CP3 went down) beating GSW, DEN, OKC, BOS, MEM, NOL, SAN.  Over the last 8 games Harden is averaging: 40.4 PTS/ 6.9 3PTs/ 6.4 REBs/ 9.8 ASTs/ 1.5 STLs/ 1.0 BLKs.  Savage

He probably won't keep it up, but if he somehow does, I don't see how he's not a back-to-back MVP.

Because he won't keep it up. The only way you are going to over come the pre-season consensus for MVP is if you have a historic season and even then it doesn't always work. Ex: Lebron. Also, you can't just ignore nearly 7 TOs per game. It doesn't really make sense to use his high usage as an excuse for the TOs but not as a benefit for better stats. For example, if Giannis had the same minutes as harden his last 5 would be 34 PTS/13.5 REB/8.25 AST/2.5 BLK/1.5 STL on far better efficiency.

Damn good game tomorrow though between the two. 

38 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

His groin is legitimately hurt. I'm a little worried

I'll worry if hes not back in 1-2 weeks or when they slide out of playoff contention.

LeBron James (left groin) is increasing his on-court activity and will have another injury update on Jan. 16.

Advice: LeBron was already ruled out for Friday, but this means he'll also miss home games on Sunday (vs. Cleveland) and Tuesday (vs. Chicago). Depending upon the next injury update, he could be activated for road games on Jan. 17 and 19. Until then, Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram will carry the scoring load with Josh Hart soaking up huge minutes and Lonzo Ball enjoying plenty of time on-ball.

25 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Never thought he would be a slow healer. 

They may just be playing it safe since those games are against Cleveland and Chicago.  Big picture it's best not to come back too soon and risk re-injury in games they can win without him.  Just speculating, I bet they are circling that January 17 game @ OKC for him to return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

They may just be playing it safe since those games are against Cleveland and Chicago.  Big picture it's best not to come back too soon and risk re-injury in games they can win without him.  Just speculating, I bet they are circling that January 17 game @ OKC for him to return.

It better be close to that at the very least.  I assume it was the team that gave the initial "diagnosis", and if so, they really lied about how much of a big deal the injury was.

It's obviously the right thing to do (not rushing back), but it's also getting annoying that the rare update we get each week is that he'll be out another week.  My team is staying afloat, but it would still be nice for him to be back soon.