Rotoworld.com Forums

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

26 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

The only way for the Lakers to get Beal would be in trade, which would have the double effect of destroying their upcoming summer cap flexibility while simultaneously adding a player who would not make a meaningful impact. Why would they give up assets just to ruin Magic's two-summer plan?

People have been trying to trade Beal to the Lakers for months for this reason. It isn't working.

Stephen A. Smith tried to trade Beal to the Lakers too. Didn't work for him either.

The only player under guaranteed contract for the Lakers is LeBron James, they have multiple young trade assets, all the cap space in the world, and in a few months there will be more free agents (200+) available than any summer in NBA history.

They're going to throw all of that away for Bradley Beal? :lol:

out of 200+ free agents, which top level player is most likely to sign with Lakers?    Looking  at  https://hoopshype.com/2018/11/27/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players

I don't see many realistic options, maybe Middleton.  So trading for All Star level player makes sens imo

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

I see that you are making fun of my comment, but it just doesn’t make sense.  Are you saying they couldn’t afford AD and Beal?

Not making fun but I think that's best case scenario. I think it's more realistic that they land one more super star or two all stars. Magic and Lebron can make anything happen though so ....

1 hour ago, Padilla814 said:

I see that you are making fun of my comment, but it just doesn’t make sense.  Are you saying they couldn’t afford AD and Beal?

Other than Bosh and Wade, which other (super)star willingly joined LeBron?   I am skeptical  AD will ask to be traded to Lakers

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Other than Bosh and Wade, which other (super)star willingly joined LeBron?   I am skeptical  AD will ask to be traded to Lakers

Kevin Love.  

AD isn't in control of his overall destination unless he wants to go scorched earth on New Orleans, in a team sport, like we've never seen before.  He can certainly let the Cans know he's not going to re-sign with them.  He can even formally request a trade and give them some destinations he would prefer, but ultimately until the summer of 2020, it would be impossibly difficult to bully his way somewhere.  When you consider his personality, the odds are against it.  If he lets New Orleans know he won't re-sign and wants to be moved, then the Lakers will be one of the top contenders for his services, as will the Celtics and a few other teams.  But remember, at one time PG13 was going to force his way to LA.... he got OKC.  Last summer it was Kawhi who was going to force his way to LA in a trade, he was literally shipped out of country.  I wouldn't expect the Pelicans to capitulate to his whims.  Hopefully, for their sake, they would do their due diligence and take the best deal available.  If it's the Lakers, then so be it, but I think there would be a Western Conference tax assessed.

And what happened to the Kawhi to the Lakers inevitability?  Are folks still expecting this or are the Clippers considered better contenders for his services?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asset-wise Lakers have the slight edge while the Celtics have better draft picks. Ultimately, I can't see AD resigning, they just lost to the Warriors putting up 140 points, albeit it was the Warriors. Regarding Kawhi, I can see him staying with the Raptors, he seems comfortable there and they're in the weaker conference.

14 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Kevin Love.  

Love wanted out of Minnesota and was traded with one year left on the contract. If I remember correctly, Wolves were looking for best deal possible and Cleveland gave them one. 

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Love wanted out of Minnesota and was traded with one year left on the contract. If I remember correctly, Wolves were looking for best deal possible and Cleveland gave them one. 

Nope.... Google it.  The Love/Lebron pairing was something that took some weeks to come together and it was based on Lebron recruiting Love.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Nope.... Google it.  The Love/Lebron pairing was something that took some weeks to come together and it was based on Lebron recruiting Love.

I use Bing :)

You are right, Wade, Bosh and Love all joined prime LeBron.  Jury is still out who will join LeBron  when is on inevitable decline. 

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

That is what I thought.  No wonder his owner in my league is  offering him in trades.

Btw, LBJ needs to hurry up, if Lakers are going to make play offs this year.  Which they won't

How quickly people forget that they were 4th before they he down. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

How quickly people forget that they were 4th before they he down. 

That is correct, that was when LBJ was playing. Now, without LBJ for another 1-2 weeks  and Lonzo for 4+ weeks,  it is another story.

Lakers are running out of healthy bodies that know how to play.

But who knows, maybe playoff Rondo will show up early form his injury.

This injury has killed me in one league really hoping his contact practice goes well. I went from 2nd to 6th real fast and he's kind of an irreplaceable guy to have.  I think we're getting close though.

Coach Luke Walton said that he thinks Rajon Rondo (hand) will play Thursday vs. Minnesota barring any setbacks, but that he has not seen LeBron James (groin) do any contact yet, so is less confident he’ll be ready for Thursday.

Advice: LeBron is heading in the right direction, as he was able to go through some "5-on-5 non-contact work" on Sunday. However, the Lakers want to make sure he is as close to 100% as possible before clearing him to return to game action. We should have an update on his status after practice on Tuesday and Wednesday.