LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we holding? 

Death lineup as in death of their playoff hopes?

Lebron being the GOAT is a fantasy.

Posted Images

So all the talk about "great news" and "clean MRI" was bs. This is a clear cut groin injury nothing less. He is now out since one month and Waltons talk does sound alarming. 

"I would assume he’s back, I’m hopeful that he’s back (by the All-Star Game),” Walton said. “That’s a long way away. If he’s not ready by then, he’s still not ready. It’s just one of those things that we’ll see as it comes.”

“I’ll see again [Friday] how he’s feeling and we’ll kind of take it from there. I’m not going to throw out weeks or days,” Lakers head coach Luke Walton said.

Plus:

It recently came to light that James and his representatives anticipated the ‘best-case scenario’ for his recovery being three weeks. Tuesday will mark five weeks since James suffered the groin injury.

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luke-walton-hopeful-lebron-james-groin-returns-before-all-star-game/2019/01/25/

2 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Should we sell high as possbile or wait until he comes back and turns on beast mode?? (if we can afford it)

How the heck are u selling high? Your selling low if your selling. 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

How the heck are u selling high? Your selling low if your selling. 

It's King James. He has name value for once, a 3-4-4 playoff schedule and will probably come back killing it to make the playoffs for the Lakers. I think I could sell pretty well because of that

6 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

It's King James. He has name value for once, a 3-4-4 playoff schedule and will probably come back killing it to make the playoffs for the Lakers. I think I could sell pretty well because of that

You aren’t getting a top 8-15 guy imo if your selling so there is no point of selling if you aren’t. Good luck though trying. 

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

You aren’t getting a top 8-15 guy imo if your selling so there is no point of selling if you aren’t. Good luck though trying. 

I'm pretty sure I could get Jimmy Butler if I tried :P (rank 14) lol

• Haha 1
Just now, Padilla814 said:

I was offered Booker, Collins, and Tatum for LeBron + who I would drop

That’s a really interesting depth offer but the deal breaker for me is Booker who is so injury prone and 50-50 to be playing during the fantasy playoffs. 

10 hours ago, chud12 said:

Walton said yesterday in his pre game presser he’s hopeful Bron will be Back before the all star break. What a damn disaster this had been. 

Pretty much.  Not bragging, but if you were lucky like me and have nice depth, then your team could still stay afloat in contention.  Still, the frustrating part is what others have said and that is the fact that the team and such flat out lied after he got hurt.  It makes no sense to lie about it all either, unless it was to keep the fans in LA from giving up on them.  It's not like it's football where teams might still prepare just in case the player would play in a given game.

Lakers have played 49 games so far and they are 9th in the West 1.5 games behind 8th place.  
Wolwes and Kings are breathing on their necks, only 0.5 games behind.
We are talking LBJ, his interests always come first. NBA team he plays for is distant second.
Lakers will play two games against Bucks, GS, Boston, Phily. They will also play Toronto, Houston, Denver, Utah, OKC.

If, and that is a big if, Lakers have realistic chance to make playoffs when LeBron comes back then there is a chance we will see beast mode.

If he misses another 5 - 10 games (who knows how long he will be out), that will give you around 25 games from LBJ.
I don't see him going in the beast mode and risking another injury just to lose in first round.
In my opinion Lakers are missing playoffs and LBJ will  not get into a beast mode this year.  

I would cut my loses and trade him away if I can. 

6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Lakers have played 49 games so far and they are 9th in the West 1.5 games behind 8th place.  
We are talking LBJ, his interests always come first. NBA team he plays for is distant second.
Lakers will play two games against Bucks, GS, Boston, Phily. They will also play Toronto, Houston, Denver, Utah, OKC.

If, and that is a big if, Lakers have realistic chance to make playoffs when LeBron comes back then there is a chance we will see beast mode.

If he misses another 5 - 10 games (who knows how long he will be out), that will give you around 25 games from LBJ.
I don't see him going in the beast mode and risking another injury just to lose in first round.
In my opinion Lakers are missing playoffs and LBJ will  not get into a beast mode this year.  

Thanks for the insight :)  

26 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Well i'm trying to get The Greek Freak for King James + CP3 then :D 

Edited by Brandayz
2 hours ago, Quazza said:

" "BREAKING: LeBron and his camp have “made it known” to the Lakers they would like a coaching change, reports Jackie MacMullan"

eep

That’s not what the article said... BR has a full write up on this quoting Jackie and Windhurst from his podcast.

The people AROUND LeBron would like a coaching change.  Not once does it mention him directly saying or making it known he wants a coaching change.

5 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

That’s not what the article said... BR has a full write up on this quoting Jackie and Windhurst from his podcast.

The people AROUND LeBron would like a coaching change.  Not once does it mention him directly saying or making it known he wants a coaching change.

Read between the lines. 

“There's hope from the Lakers that LeBron James plays Thursday against the Clippers, but he's looking to get a few more practices in. His availability will depend on how his body reacts to those.”
10 minutes ago, chud12 said:
“There's hope from the Lakers that LeBron James plays Thursday against the Clippers, but he's looking to get a few more practices in. His availability will depend on how his body reacts to those.”

The urgency of his availability also depends on AD situation because I don't think he wants to come back to the current laker squad.