Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

6/12 - GAME DAY THREAD

8 minutes ago, meh2 said:

My guess is they’ll remove him between innings and send him for X-rays 

The way my year is going he’ll be on the DL. 

But why send him to first base base only to remove him after the inning? What if he had to run and slide?

11 minutes ago, meh2 said:

My guess is they’ll remove him between innings and send him for X-rays 

federalbaseball
@federalbaseball
In case you were worried, Bryce Harper is out in right taking his normal warmup tosses with Michael A. Taylor 
  • Like 1

One of these years I’m going to learn and let someone else draft Greg Bird and deal with his chronic suckitude.

Camargo.  Whew.  All that swagger, spinning his bat, bobbing his neck side to side,  rapping the bat over and over on his shoulder.   You'd think he was hitting. 309 not. 209.  Bases loaded no outs.  Quickly down 0-2 then promptly raps into 1-2-5 double play. 

• Haha 2

0-8, 6 BB so far. Might be time to start studying for football. So over this season my team refuses to do anything. So boring. 

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

Well he recovered nicely.  Would have been pretty bad if he managed to walk Longoria.

Nice job Richards, hopefully the bullpen can preserve the win

ESPN is complete garbage. They have Billy willams and Hank Aaron together talking baseball on their broadcast and shoo them off the air to squeeze in commercials. Then come back after the commercials(that no one watches) to say what a pleasure it is having them on. 

Sorry for the get-off-my-lawn post, but everything about Espn continues to get more on my nerves everyday. 

• Thanks 1

Anything up with Folty? At 73 pitches, bats in the bottom half, then gets replaced...

13 minutes ago, mcbane said:

Anything up with Folty? At 73 pitches, bats in the bottom half, then gets replaced...

Thats really annoying (assuming he isn't hurt).  And of course the bullpen blows it.

14 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Anything to see with Strahm? Kid looks damn good tonight.

Absolutely, but you may need to wait. He had a really serious knee injury and the Padres are bringing him a long SLOOWWWLY, but there is already talk he'll be looked at for a rotation spot at some point this year. He has a mid 90s fastball and 3 other very solid secondary pitches. In smaller leagues, or redraft leagues he may not have a ton of value, but in larger or dynasty leagues he is someone to take a look at. He has a very good arm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Thats really annoying (assuming he isn't hurt).  And of course the bullpen blows it.

Yeah I don’t get this at all....

Mets broadcast has no idea why Folty came out.  Anyone watching the Braves? 

nola pulled at 108 pitches.  would think they would let him try and finish the 7th, but guess not....

Molina almost took another one to the nads.  

Just now, herschel said:

nola pulled at 108 pitches.  would think they would let him try and finish the 7th, but guess not....

and ramos promptly gives up a single knocking in one of nolas stranded runners.

Don't look now, but I mentioned him in the Mitch Garver thread...Tom Murphy is up in Colorado and is 2 for 3 with a double. The kid can HIT. 

Mikolas is really bad tonight...making the Padres look like a MLB team

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Mikolas is really bad tonight...making the Padres look like a MLB team

Are you watching?  Apart from the HR he gave up to Hosmer he's getting singled to death.

3 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Absolutely, but you may need to wait. He had a really serious knee injury and the Padres are bringing him a long SLOOWWWLY, but there is already talk he'll be looked at for a rotation spot at some point this year. He has a mid 90s fastball and 3 other very solid secondary pitches. In smaller leagues, or redraft leagues he may not have a ton of value, but in larger or dynasty leagues he is someone to take a look at. He has a very good arm. 

I was blown away by the heat he was throwing. He was impressive. 

How about Tom Murphy. Kid looked good tonight and I remember him being a big prospect before.