RMJ_12

2018 Biggest Busts

“Tyreke Hill can really fly”

Axe Elf: Well technically he can’t actually fly.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't really think you can lose it in the first few rounds either.  Every year, you could pretty much draft a Kicker in Round 1 and a Defense in Round 2, and if you get the rest of your picks right and stay active on the waiver wire, you can still put together a championship team.

For instance, last year you could have gone:

1. Greg Zuerlein

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Kareem Hunt

4. Keenan Allen

5. Travis Kelce

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Russell Wilson

8. Adam Thielen

9. Duke Johnson

10. Marvin Jones

11. Dion Lewis

12. Alvin Kamara

13. Robert Woods

And coasted to the Championship.

All you need is Allen Robinson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Saquan Barkley

Quick honest question...

How bad can he possibly be with such a guaranteed workload? Leonard Fournette averaged 3.9 ypc and was still a top 8 back despite missing 2 games.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Then why didn't you?

I do auction drafts.

Just now, Axe Elf said:

I do auction drafts.

Then your team should have been even better than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Quick honest question...

How bad can he possibly be with such a guaranteed workload? Leonard Fournette averaged 3.9 ypc and was still a top 8 back despite missing 2 games.

I want to keep it going but im not lmao. 

We’ll find out honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

“Tyreke Hill can really fly”

Axe Elf: Well technically he can’t actually fly.

People don't axually believe that Tyreek Hill can fly.  People DO axually believe that you can't win your draft in the first couple of rounds, but that you can lose it.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Then your team should have been even better than that.

My "team"?  I had like 65 teams.  Most of them were.

13 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

People don't axually believe that Tyreek Hill can fly.  People DO axually believe that you can't win your draft in the first couple of rounds, but that you can lose it.

There’s people born with less and more than 10 fingers. Guess what? You learn that people have 10 fingers. You know why? Because nitpicking statistical anomalies serves to benefit no one and complicates things.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

There’s people born with less and more than 10 fingers. Guess what? You learn that people have 10 fingers. You know why? Because nitpicking statistical anomalies serves to benefit no one and complicates things.

But helping people avoid fake news and fantasy myth is just a part of the overall value that Axe Elf brings to the table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

But helping people avoid fake news and fantasy myth is just a part of the overall value that Axe Elf brings to the table.

The saying is “You can’t win your league in the first two rounds but you CAN (not will) lose it.” Thus, the direct wording of the saying implies that in the first two rounds you won’t be winning the league due to expected return already being high. However, you CAN lose it and likely will as the value of the picks is so high. Since you don’t like the Tyreke example I’ll give you another one.

”Humans have 10 fingers.”

Axe Elf: Actually, not all have 10 fingers.

This is in line with half your posts. Nitpicking statistical outliers to prove a point does not prove a point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

That was the same group of receivers, including Reed for 2 less games.

Lets not forget Reed was injured all year and didn't produce close to what he did year before.  So no not the same group of receivers.  

3 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't really think you can lose it in the first few rounds either.  Every year, you could pretty much draft a Kicker in Round 1 and a Defense in Round 2, and if you get the rest of your picks right and stay active on the waiver wire, you can still put together a championship team.

1. Greg Zuerlein

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Kareem Hunt

4. Keenan Allen

5. Travis Kelce

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Russell Wilson

8. Adam Thielen

9. Duke Johnson

10. Marvin Jones

11. Dion Lewis

12. Alvin Kamara

13. Robert Woods

Don't know what leagues you play in.  But that group wouldn't coast to a championship last year and that is handpicking the top picks in each round from 3 to 13

3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Don't know what leagues you play in.  But that group wouldn't coast to a championship last year and that is handpicking the top picks in each round from 3 to 13

Well obviously I play in leagues where the #1 K, the #1 D, the #1 TE, the #1 QB, two top-5 RBs and two top-5 WRs would coast to a championship.

You must play against some pretty tough competition.

18 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Well obviously I play in leagues where the #1 K, the #1 D, the #1 TE, the #1 QB, two top-5 RBs and two top-5 WRs would coast to a championship.

You must play against some pretty tough competition.

Its not about yearly numbers.  Playoffs only matter by week and that team very easily loses in playoffs last year.  If you said coast to playoffs then sure.  I don't know what type of leagues you play in but most of us don't play total points for season

Edited by youngrice

30 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lets not forget Reed was injured all year and didn't produce close to what he did year before.  So no not the same group of receivers.  

You've lost me.  I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove at this point.

Just now, RMJ_12 said:

You've lost me.  I'm not even sure what you're trying to prove at this point.

Lol really?? Jordan Reed has only been healthy one season in 15(not even a full season) and was the only plus matchup the skins had when healthy.  Besides that he has been injured every other year.  I don't get the confusion.

8 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Its not about yearly numbers.  Playoffs only matter by week and that team very easily loses in playoffs last year.  If you said coast to playoffs then sure.  I don't know what type of leagues you play in but most of us don't play total points for season

Well, maybe that's the problem, then.  A good 60%-80% of my leagues annually are Draft Masters leagues, which are won by the most total points over Weeks 1-16.

Just now, youngrice said:

Lol really?? Jordan Reed has only been healthy one season in 15(not even a full season) and was the only plus matchup the skins had when healthy.  Besides that he has been injured every other year.  I don't get the confusion.

Yes, and the original point was that I said the Redskins had top 5 receiving weapons in 2015 and 2016.  Those are the same exact players regardless of what year they were better and how many games they played.

4 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

1. Greg Zuerlein

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Kareem Hunt

4. Keenan Allen

5. Travis Kelce

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Russell Wilson

8. Adam Thielen

9. Duke Johnson

10. Marvin Jones

11. Dion Lewis

12. Alvin Kamara

13. Robert Woods

Nope, this team wouldn’t have coasted past a team with Todd Gurley on it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yes, and the original point was that I said the Redskins had top 5 receiving weapons in 2015 and 2016.  Those are the same exact players regardless of what year they were better and how many games they played.

Cousins has played with some pretty good receivers and TEs in Washington.  And Chris Thompson is an exceptional receiving back.

But Minnesota's surrounding cast is better.  Arrow up for Cousins imo.

14 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

So your saying a team can lose their top target and they still have the same group.  I don't know about you but I wouldn't look at Atl without Julio or Pitt without Brown as the same unit as with them.

14 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Well, maybe that's the problem, then.  A good 60%-80% of my leagues annually are Draft Masters leagues, which are won by the most total points over Weeks 1-16.

Fair enough.  But I would say probably around 75 to 80 percent of fantasy football leagues championship are year long leagues decided by weekly performance.

32 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Fair enough.  But I would say probably around 75 to 80 percent of fantasy football leagues championship are year long leagues decided by weekly performance.

And the best indicator of weekly performance is yearly performance, albeit weekly performances are by nature inconsistent.  I'm still going to take the players who score the most points on the season over guys who I think might wait until Week 15 to do their best work.

6 hours ago, youngrice said:

So your saying a team can lose their top target and they still have the same group.  I don't know about you but I wouldn't look at Atl without Julio or Pitt without Brown as the same unit as with them.

Reed played 2 less games in 2016, and yet I still don't know what point you're trying to make.  Are you saying the Redskins were better when Jordan Reed was hurt?

Edited by RMJ_12