RMJ_12

2018 Biggest Busts

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Reed played 2 less games in 2016, and yet I still don't know what point you're trying to make.  Are you saying the Redskins were better when Jordan Reed was hurt?

They threw the ball 62 more times in 16 and had 5 less passing tds then the year before.  Is that better??? The reason Reed was playing injured all season.   

55 minutes ago, youngrice said:

They threw the ball 62 more times in 16 and had 5 less passing tds then the year before.  Is that better??? The reason Reed was playing injured all season.   

What is your point???

4 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

What is your point???

Lol I give up.  As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Lol I give up.  As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water.

Me: Cousins had a top 5 receiving corp in 2015 and 2016 with the Redskins.

You:  Reed played hurt in 2016.  So it wasn't the same group as 2015.

Me:  He still played so it was the same group.

You:  No it wasn't, Cousins threw 4 more TD's in 2015 when Reed was healthy.

You give up?  Ok then.  Please do.

I can help you two out.  The last time Washington had a top 5 receiving group was when it included Art Monk and Ricky Sanders.  With or without Reed in 2015 and 2016, the only people besides you who believe that group was top five are Daniel Snyder, Bruce Allen, and their immediate families.  Not talking uncles, cousins and grandchildren.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I can help you two out.  The last time Washington had a top 5 receiving group was when it included Art Monk and Ricky Sanders.  With or without Reed in 2015 and 2016, the only people besides you who believe that group was top five are Daniel Snyder, Bruce Allen, and their immediate families.  Not talking uncles, cousins and grandchildren.

I agree.  Never said they had a top 5 receiving group

• Haha 1

Dalvin Cooks will bust vs his ADP.  I'm not buying that murray gets put on ice this season and Cooks dominates the touches.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Dalvin Cooks will bust vs his ADP.  I'm not buying that murray gets put on ice this season and Cooks dominates the touches.

Even with not finishing the third quarter of the game in which he got hurt, Cook was still averaging 21.3 touches per game in his four games last season (and he only had 14 touches in Week 2).  He was competing with Murray AND McKinnon then, and still set a pace for 340 touches on the season.  350 projected touches got Saquon Barkley elected to the Hall of Fame before he'd ever played a snap in the NFL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Even with not finishing the third quarter of the game in which he got hurt, Cook was still averaging 21.3 touches per game in his four games last season (and he only had 14 touches in Week 2).  He was competing with Murray AND McKinnon then, and still set a pace for 340 touches on the season.  350 projected touches got Saquon Barkley elected to the Hall of Fame before he'd ever played a snap in the NFL.

Murray was never healthy until November so I take the competition with a grain of salt considering he was barely  on the field in training camp and the preseason. cooks beating out mckinnon was a real competition

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Murray was never healthy until November so I take the competition with a grain of salt considering he was barely  on the field in training camp and the preseason. cooks beating out mckinnon was a real competition

Yeah, and now McKinnon is being drafted almost as highly as Cook.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, and now McKinnon is being drafted almost as highly as Cook.

and he was in a time share with Murray. . . .sooooo

I'll bet against cooks ADP.

Edited by dashoe

13 hours ago, dashoe said:

Agreed. DC is less than a yr removed from ACL surgery, plus he has had 3 shoulder surgeries; one in high school, one in 2014 and another in 2016.

sportsinjurypredictor.com has DC at a 59.6% probability of an injury this season, 24th highest of all NFL RBs: http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/rankings?InjuryPredictorRankingsForm[position]=RB

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dashoe said:

Yeah, he's a big question mark for me. People aren't really talking about it, but the Vikings changed Offensive Coordinators after last year too. I just wonder how the touches will be spread around this year.

Edited by wonderbread
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, wonderbread said:

Yeah, he's a big question mark for me. People aren't really talking about it, but the Vikings changed Offensive Coordinators after last year too. I just wonder how the touches will be spread around this year.

i agree. gonna be tough to not draft him though

Edited by cdd10
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 7:56 PM, dashoe said:

There are 201 RB touches up for grabs with McKinnon's departure. If you just give those touches to Cooks and include his touches from 2017 he'll have around 286 touches along with Murray getting the exact same amount of touches as he had in 2017 (231).

It is not unreasonable to think Cooks will get at least 320 total touches in 2018 which, if there were the same amount of total touches in 2017, would leave Murray with right around 197 touches. That's far from being put on ice and still leaves Cooks with the upside of a top 10 fantasy back especially in PPR leagues since he will dominate passing downs. 

However, I get the apprehension in drafting a RB who has missed a lot of games for injury. I just don't think he'll bust because Murray is around it would be because of injury which is tough to predict. 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, wonderbread said:

Yeah that's an excellent point.  People forget that there were major concerns about the Vikings' O'Line going into last season.  Somehow it came together pretty well and they had a great season.  A big reason was Shurmur.   He's now gone and while the offensive playcalling and use of RB is in question (even though Dalvin is pretty talented) can that overachieving offensive line repeat its '17 performance?

I'm amazed Josh Gordon isn't on this list. A 4th rd ADP for a guy playing with a new QB or a Rookie, with a WR being paid among the top in the league in Landry, and a top flight pass catching RB D Johnson. Not to mention he has the getting popped factor possibility any moment, and hasn't been consistently fantasy relevant in roughly four years. Good luck.

32 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

I'm amazed Josh Gordon isn't on this list.

Probly because the downside of Gordon flashes so garishly that it's kind of hard for him to be a true bust.  A bust is someone people expected to do WELL.

34 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Probly because the downside of Gordon flashes so garishly that it's kind of hard for him to be a true bust.  A bust is someone people expected to do WELL.

I don’t know about that.  Gordon has bust potential, but it depends on where you draft him.

In PPR 12 person, I’ve seen people draft Gordon as their WR1 (RB-RB-WR) in the 3rd round.

Gordon could perform like guys taken in the 6th & 7th rounds even without an injury.

That’s some bust potential.  If he’s draft as someone’s WR2, then it’s just a minor speed bump and you’re right...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Invictus said:

I'm amazed Josh Gordon isn't on this list. A 4th rd ADP for a guy playing with a new QB or a Rookie, with a WR being paid among the top in the league in Landry, and a top flight pass catching RB D Johnson. Not to mention he has the getting popped factor possibility any moment, and hasn't been consistently fantasy relevant in roughly four years. Good luck.

Whoever his QB ends up being it will still be the best QB he's ever played with.  His whole career has been Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer, and Deshone Kizer.

13 hours ago, The Invictus said:

So you don't anticipate the Browns will make pass attempts longer than 10yds? I don't think gordon is the best candidate for volume however he is one of the best candidates for chunky big plays and td's because of his physical gifts and ability to make plays after the catch.

Defenders literally can't defend him he's too big, too fast, too strong, too athletic and has excellent technical skills.

Edited by dashoe

47 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Whoever his QB ends up being it will still be the best QB he's ever played with.  His whole career has been Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer, and Deshone Kizer.

Hoyer and Taylor have similar QB ratings (approximately 90-100) for the better years of their respective careers, and we already know what Taylor did for Woods and Goodwin.  I wouldn't be so quick to anoint Taylor as the best QB Gordon has ever had.

11 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Hoyer and Taylor have similar QB ratings (approximately 90-100) for the better years of their respective careers, and we already know what Taylor did for Woods and Goodwin.  I wouldn't be so quick to anoint Taylor as the best QB Gordon has ever had.

Taylor played in Buffalo where they were top 3 in rushing attempts every single year.  Todd Haley has never been top 15 in rushing attempts as a coordinator.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Taylor played in Buffalo where they were top 3 in rushing attempts every single year.  Todd Haley has never been top 15 in rushing attempts as a coordinator.

I dunno about top 15, but I do know that Edgerrin James, Jamaal Charles and Le'Veon Bell have done pretty well in his schemes.